Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For whatever reason despite my wife knowing I have a raid at 11 in the morning on Saturdays scheduled her oil change appointment for 1. So I may be able to attend the heroic part if we start there but probably not the normal.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm logged out in front of the raid zone ready to GET IT ON

rrr_img_88079.jpg

Things have been fun for the last couple months, but it's time to resume my usual schedule. The Mumble server will remain active indefinitely, so feel free to use it as much as you like for WoW or any other current or future games.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Can't ever tell what the truth is with Fart. I'm just hoping some supplements has his head going temporarily crazy.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
On the topic of carrying newbs/undergeared, myverycasual guild had absolutely zero problem carrying a 620 illv feral through 6/7 and 4/7H (karg, brack, tec, twins). I'd guess the raid is about 645-650 ilvl with pretty minimal optimization (rare to see prepots, missing flasks, etc etc).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So Blood DKs appear to be switching to Breath of Sindragosa since the hotfix. The ones trying to maximize their dps, especially in mythic, anyway.

Seems like a pretty interesting change to the spec. I'm looking at logs from a DK who pulled 30k+ dps on M-Butcher using it. He was able to sustain the first BoS from the moment he pulled to 65 seconds into the fight. Then he pooled runic power to 100 just as it was coming off CD, and used it a second time from 2:08 to 2:40. Their fight lasted only 3:30 and he had 45% uptime on BoS.

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

Something for Krassus, Noodle, etc. to think about...

Vorph

Necrotic Plague wasn't viable for dps on any fight but Ko'ragh (and even there it was gimmicky dps) before the hotfixes either. Now it's the best talent for every fight except Butcher. I'm posting 20% higher parses than I used to, and very little of it is from gear changes.

So yeah, it's definitely worth revisiting the "shitty" talents when changes of this magnitude happen, even when those talents weren't directly touched at all.

The big thing with BoS is sustaining the uptime. I suspect you'll need a lot of multistrike to accomplish that, since the reason why MS is our second best tank stat is because of how much RP it generates when RNGesus is smiling upon you.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That's good to know. I originally had Necrotic Plague because it was more "practical" for my playstyle, but dropped it because Defile was said to be better. I wasn't sold on it for myself though since I kept putting it down at bad times during fights. Necrotic Plague is easier though so I can keep swinging.

Vorph

Necrotic Plague is all about uptime as well. You stack it to 15 as quickly as possible by using Unholy Blight, then you sustain it for as long as possible using Festering Strikes. If you can keep it rolling for 90 seconds, UB will be off cooldown and you can just reapply it again and start over. It's pretty easy to do actually, if you have ~40% haste you only need to do like 3 extra Festering Strikes every 90 seconds (by "extra" I mean using death runes, as opposed to the normal rotation which only allows for using FS with blood+frost runes that haven't been reaped). Another really nice thing is that there's no need to tab target for AE like you do with Frost. If it drops off a secondary target, the next tick of it on the boss will put it right back on at 15. It just straight up murders the adds at Ko'ragh and Imperator P4 too for the same reason.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Was that you on koragh fucking up the adds? They were dying before I had them all and I don't think anyone was dpsing them