Demon’s Souls Remake (PS5)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Annnnnd we're done. I would have gotten this a few days sooner if I hadn't completely started my character over mid-week. I wasn't planning to get 100%, just play until I got bored and then move on to the next game. Problem is, you do not get bored with this game. I also upgraded all of my main weapons to max and finished the NG cycle I was on. NOW I can move on.

20201121_211903.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Annnnnd we're done. I would have gotten this a few days sooner if I hadn't completely started my character over mid-week. I wasn't planning to get 100%, just play until I got bored and then move on to the next game. Problem is, you do not get bored with this game. I also upgraded all of my main weapons to max and finished the NG cycle I was on. NOW I can move on.

View attachment 319078
For the rings/spell/miracle achievements do you need them all on one character or across all saves?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
DS3 feels overproduced to me. It felt like every room and hall had 3-8 enemies.

I haven’t played it since I beat I the first time but I would say 3 is my least favorite souls game. My list is probably:

DS1
DeSR
BB
DS2
DS3
Sekiro (if we count it as this category it’s the worst imo)
Replaying Sekiro right now for the first time since it released.

I liked it when it came out but I am going to have to agree with this. The aesthetic is A++. But the combat is just so unnatural and fucking weird. I like the idea of clashing blades and stuff but it is really annoying to deal with and makes multiple enemies complete AIDs. I can generally roll into any souls game and be comfortable. But relearning Sekiro took me like 4 hours of getting my shit stomped in by basic enemies.

Def bottom of the list now.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For the rings/spell/miracle achievements do you need them all on one character or across all saves?

Not sure. I did them all on one character. You can do it inside of one NG cycle if you backup save to The Cloud and then reload it, I believe. I got to the end of NG+ on the new character and once I had all of the boss souls, I did a save-backup, bought all miracles, loaded, bought all attack spells, loaded, then gave Flamelurker's soul to the Blacksmith / got Northern Regalia / got the spells I actually wanted. The rings were the thing that took the most time by far, but knowing what I know now it didn't have to take that long. The Pure Bladestone and Gold Coin trade rings are the most time-consuming and they can be farmed easily from the black skeleton right above the Adjudicator archstone and the Fat Official near the Armor Spider archstone, respectively. Both can be one-shotted by Firestorm even on NG++ with the Ring of Magical Sharpness and the Thief's Ring equipped (to get close enough to unleash it without aggro). That sped it up dramatically, probably spent a grand total of an hour and a half on each of those at the most.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So drunk gaming weekend took a seriously hilarious turn last night. I woke up, played a few games of apex. Went to take a shot at flame lurker. I log in and im at the dragon god boss and wait what? Check my trophies and sure enough, I beat flamelurker at 3:16am. How the hell I pulled that one off I have no clue.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So drunk gaming weekend took a seriously hilarious turn last night. I woke up, played a few games of apex. Went to take a shot at flame lurker. I log in and im at the dragon god boss and wait what? Check my trophies and sure enough, I beat flamelurker at 3:16am. How the hell I pulled that one off I have no clue.
Uncle Ut last night

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So I was farming 4-2. Character fell into the world. I cannot change weapons. Cannot move. Cannot die and lose my souls and start back at any point what so ever. Tried quitting without saving. Nothing. 15 hours in you have to be fucking kidding me. :(

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
So I was farming 4-2. Character fell into the world. I cannot change weapons. Cannot move. Cannot die and lose my souls and start back at any point what so ever. Tried quitting without saving. Nothing. 15 hours in you have to be fucking kidding me. :(

Do you have the Nexial Binding or Shard of Archstone that allow you to warp back to the nexus in your inventory?

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
I had an issue in Sackboy where the next level didn’t unlock after I beat it. When I tried to travel to a new world it wouldn’t let me go anywhere and would freeze the game. Tried reinstalling and everything.

I ended up using the new activities menu to get unstuck. Basically I brought up a random activity and played it. After I was done with that activity, that somehow triggered my game to allow me to progress.

I can’t recall if Demons Souls has activities or not, but if you’re stuck and nothing else will allow you to teleport back to the nexus, maybe give that a try.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Holy shit. You can warp to new areas and lose souls. Thank God. Hit the DS5 button and warped out lol. Alterity Alterity you are a God send had no idea I could even do that. Go back to the main PS5 menu and you can select to go to new areas from there. Completely out of game but can be done if anyone else gets stuck.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I was starting to feel guilty about farming the crap out of the Reaper in 4-2, but after that stuck in a rock debacle, not any more - FU Demon Souls. I am going to take advantage of your sorry ass!

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Will this be the first DS game that Uncle Utnayan Utnayan makes it through all on his lonesome?

2020 what a fucking year amirite?

• 2Worf

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have a max level char or really high level one that would be willing to invade my kids account so he can kill you for souls?

edit: nevermind, he found someone :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Flamelurker 3:16 says you just kicked its ass

• 2Worf

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So apparently I suck at this game now (even though I beat it ages ago on ps3). I’m in 4-1 and the world tendency is black. I zone in and some red outlined human samurai looking guy is standing near where the first skeleton is. He aggroes me immediately upon loading in and he has a boatload of hp (If I can hit him I do maybe 2% of his Heath bar with a Crescent falcion +1 and 24 magic). He also one shots me if he makes contact. What is he? How am I supposed to progress and I assume he’s there because the world is black? He’s not a red outlined skeleton either that appear when the world is black. I ran into 2 of those earlier in my 4-1 runs before I went back to the nexus to level up.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's Black Phantom Satsuki.

Also, what happened to your world is the reason why people suicide in Nexus after every boss kill. It's really hard to go pure black if you never die in human form inside a world.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So apparently I suck at this game now (even though I beat it ages ago on ps3). I’m in 4-1 and the world tendency is black. I zone in and some red outlined human samurai looking guy is standing near where the first skeleton is. He aggroes me immediately upon loading in and he has a boatload of hp (If I can hit him I do maybe 2% of his Heath bar with a Crescent falcion +1 and 24 magic). He also one shots me if he makes contact. What is he? How am I supposed to progress and I assume he’s there because the world is black? He’s not a red outlined skeleton either that appear when the world is black. I ran into 2 of those earlier in my 4-1 runs before I went back to the nexus to level up.
Try another world and come back to 4 last. Even if you get Satsuki pretty low he WILL heal himself. I don’t think you can put out the pressure or dps you need to kill him with a CF+1.
If you put on the thief ring or grave robbers ring before entering 4-1 he won’t aggro the moment you zone in btw.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

TBH you might want to just start the game over. The reason I started mine over mid-week was because World 4 was fully blacked and everything there was complete murder. I managed to eventually beat the world anyway, only to get stomped by it on NG+. So I started a new file.

If starting over is out of the question, you can have someone invade you in world 4 and kill them a bunch of times to get the WT back to light, I think.

World 4 on black just isn't worth it. World 5 is pretty bad too. This is caused by dying in that world right after defeating a boss, when you're restored. In the future, die in the Nexus after every boss fight to get rid of said restoration and don't be in human (full life meter) form at all. Use the Cling Ring and stay in soul (half life) form for like the whole game unless you specifically need to be a human or lower world tendency for something.