Demon’s Souls Remake (PS5)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is more for the people that never got it the first time really. Or you just have money and why the hell not to buying it again and having it to show off.
Or people who put 400+ hours into the original but would really like to try playing world 5 at more than 20 fps. Tried playing it on RPCS3 but that emulator is still not even remotely stable.

It’s definitely not a standard remaster or anything, I get that. But it’s still a remake of a game that isn’t drastically changing how the game works or anything.
I'd only pay $70 if they had actually restored the cut world, but the way Sony is these days the only way we're getting that is if they release DLC afterwards. A fresh coat of paint is worth $50 at absolute maximum to me (which is what it will likely cost me to hit the "Keep" button on Gamefly).

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I am just mad there isn't a physical version of the deluxe edition for me to waste my money on.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I think the issue is that most of us have played all of the From Software games and have a feeling of accomplishment for beating them all. None of them ever started with a "loot chest of goodies" to help you get started.
That's the whole point of Souls games, they fuck you up, you have to earn the gear and figure shit out.
Personally i am not happy to see they are offering any in game items for preorder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

I think the issue is that most of us have played all of the From Software games and have a feeling of accomplishment for beating them all. None of them ever started with a "loot chest of goodies" to help you get started.
That's the whole point of Souls games, they fuck you up, you have to earn the gear and figure shit out.
Personally i am not happy to see they are offering any in game items for preorder.
Actually, Worst Souls had pre-order DLC. I always assumed it was From trolling people though, since they were garbage tier weapons compared to what you'd just find on the ground at the very beginning (aside from maybe the staff).

If this stuff is actually decent gear + useful items and it's not available to everyone later in the game--which seems unlikely for the equipment since they are charging $20 for the shit--then yeah, I have a pretty big problem with it too.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Just don’t use the items?

• 1Mother of God

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Since Royalty is still a starting class, I assume, the game already comes with an easy mode. Not like some pre order items will break it further.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Come on guys, if they didn’t charge for in game items they would have to raise the base price of the game from $60 to stay competitive!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xurlitil

Trakanon Raider
Who's retard alt is this?

pre-order bonuses that include anything other than cosmetic items have no place in a souls game

if you disagree you were never really a souls fan in the first place

this will be going on the permanent no purchase list for me

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see playing this unfortunately, not buying a PS5 anytime soon. Sony has fallen out of favor in general for me. Eventually once the exclusives add up and a not shit tier looking version of the console is available is when I'll look at a purchase. Maybe on PC by then anyway.

• 1Like

Dodsengel

Trakanon Raider
pre-order bonuses that include anything other than cosmetic items have no place in a souls game

I hear you, but this isn't the first time.

Vorph

I mean, I agree with you to a certain extent, and I think this is just one more example of Sony's retarded decision making over the past couple years. I'm not going to buy the game because of the ridiculous $70 price tag and the idea that they think it's ok to charge an extra $20 for cheater DLC (preorder only gets you one weapon that's probably found in-game anyway, and from what I read it's only if you preorder direct from PSN and not any other retailer) but it's obviously not a "shit-tier remake". Bluepoint clearly did an amazing job on the game itself and it's just Sony's bean counters and marketing department that thinks nothing is sacred.

Sony pulling this shit does make me wonder if From Soft had any involvement in the development at all though. I can't find a source to confirm or deny that, but I suspect they didn't. Which would also explain why we got a "remake" that didn't include the cut content. Bluepoint is great at polishing up old games, but they don't really create anything new on their own.

Curious though, did you buy Dark Souls 2?

• 2Like

Szlia

It's true that Souls games are serious e-sports in which equipment, especially armor, is key ! :rolleyes:

• 2Like
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's true that Souls games are serious e-sports in which equipment, especially armor, is key ! :rolleyes:
Yeah I don't understand complaints about exclusive items when people will be speedrunning this on day one with a club and no armor. PVP has always been a shit show.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Games i can think of where the preorder items were actually worth using past the tutorial tier levels = 0. I give no fucks about this decision and an adult enough not to care if other people want to pay higher prices for some cosmetic BS.

• 1Solidarity

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
The music in the original is digital and they re-did it with a live orchestra and choir for the remake.

Last edited: