Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Anyone ever do a day 1 release off best buy? Went with those boners cause I had a gift card, they pretty good for delivering on release date?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Having worked with BB id never direct someone to purchase through them unless i hated them.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Just give it up on the PC already. Good lord man
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I can easily see this game never hitting PC. The amount of retooling of the game you'd have to do (playing the beta, it really felt like a bonafide console shooter, and I'm not sure it would play as well on PC, especially the competitive part), and the amount of support in terms of server infrastructure that they'd have to set up for themselves without the help of giants like Sony or Microsoft doesn't seem worth it to me when the vast majority of their audience plays on console. It's one thing to bang out a PC version of something like COD; it's something else entirely to port an MMO over with all of the additional costs attached. Doubt it'd be worth it. Maybe when they drop last gen support with Destiny 2, but even at that point I wouldn't be surprised if they remained console exclusive.

Column_sl

shitlord
I think Dust Palace was there announcement today

Damn Warlocks will be the OP class of PVE, there is no doubt. Everything they are doing is waves.

Also, the element guns are going to be important here.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Except Destiny is not an MMO and doesn't require anywhere close to that degree of server infrastructure. Hell, the beta was mostly done with P2P, though I did read somewhere that they were going to real servers for release.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Except Destiny is not an MMO and doesn't require anywhere close to that degree of server infrastructure. Hell, the beta was mostly done with P2P, though I did read somewhere that they were going to real servers for release.
Destiny's world runs on a dedicated server. The matchmaking happens p2p. While your nor I know exactly to which extent their server infrastructure is or isn't cost prohibitive, it assuredly isn't negligible. Fact of the matter is that most shooters sell MUCH better on console than they do on PC. Adding onto that the extra cost of the server infrastructure, and I believe Bungie would be even less incentivized to port it over.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah P2P for the beta, real servers for release.

There were too many exploits you could do at the p2p level I think they are trying to avoid.

Column_sl

shitlord
After seeing more of these videos. I'm 100% rolling warlock first, and I'll just use him to farm gear from my pvp hunter.
It kind of sucks on the pvp end at first, but it is definitely the way to go.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm initially going warlock, but I'll have a titan alt. I actually had a lot more fun on my titan than I did the other classes in the beta. But that could be sure to playing him last and understanding game and weapon mechanics much better by that point

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
There.... are no healers. Warlock is the top DPS PvE spec at best guess. Easily the top AoE PvE spec and possibly top AoE PvP spec also.

Column_sl

shitlord
Did you even play in the Alpha or Beta? if so you would have read the sub classes

Sunsingers essentially heal incoming damage, and renew shields. Guess what main class that is...

Sunsinger has been described as a team-oriented, support-based focus that includes some area-control abilities that allow players to block pathways or doors and keep enemies from getting close. The reviving effects of Radiance also make this a medic class of sorts.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Radiance increases the effectiveness of all of your abilities. If you take Radiant Skin (which seems like the worst of the 3 sub options by far) then it reduces incoming damage for you. The closest any class comes to "healing" is Guardian/Defender subclass which grants a PBAOE bubble and an Armor buff to all allies that pass through it. If you take Song of Flame it reduces cooldowns for you and all allies.

Please correct me if anything I said is wrong but Warlock/Sunsligner isn't anywhere near a healer.

Edit: Guardian has two suboptions to their WoD that grant group defense. Armor of light for Armor resist and Blessing of Light for a temp. shield.

Column_sl

shitlord
Thats from the Destiny wiki itself.... The other half of there sub class is meant for support.

They revive (ie heal) with radiance... radiant skin for incoming damage, radiance for super shield repair

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Warlock/Sunslinger and Guardian/Defender subclass are both support heavy but Defender is the most defensive focused of the two while Sunslinger is nothing but group Offense support.

Column_sl

shitlord
And part of that support is making all your abilities including shields revive insanely fast..

They made them this way for a reason