Dexter

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ended well?! Take that last scene out and yeah it ended well. That last scene completely ruined it for me. Like many have said the show has been down hill since the end of season 4, that's where it should have ended IMO. My jimmies are rustled.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
fuckin lol, from the AV Club review:

It's a feat for a finale to make you regret having watched a single moment of the series, but "Remember The Monsters" made it look easy. The first and second seasons of Dexter were enjoyable, sure, but they were also lined up the first dominoes in a chain of contrivances that allowed Dexter to skirt apprehension and win new allies rather than be made to deal with the consequences of his actions. There was a time when I'd have recommended those seasons, but now I couldn't even do that in good conscience knowing they could be the gateway drug to subsequent seasons.

Cybsled

Well, it wasn't exactly a happy ending for the character

He basically makes his only child + his only love think he's dead, his actions result in the death of the only other family he has (Deb), and he basically now lives an anti-social existence in the Pacific Northwest. Note that all vestiges of "friendly Dex" aren't there in that final scene as a contrast to his Miami Metro days. He basically lets the human Dexter die and he allows himself to become basically a walking shell of a person

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The last scene would have been great if he had reached into the drawer and rolled out his knives just before they ended it.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
what the actual fuck? So he drives into the hurricane, boat gets destroyed by a hurricane, but he somehow manages to get to shore, get a new identity, and becomes a logger in Washington? Fucking tragic writing to end a once great show.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
The last scene would have been less gay if Doaks had of walked into the cabin, also wearing a beard and said "Surprise mother fucker! It took you to long to make your way to me" and kissed Dexter tenderly on the neck from behind at the table. Also that retarded look Dexter gave would have been better had that happened.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Per Reddit, I guess he mentioned a life raft on his boat when he was trying to sell his boat to that guy last episode. The writers showing continuity, who knew! Still doesn't excuse the bs dexter pulled at the hospital with Deb.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
The last scene would have been less gay if Doaks had of walked into the cabin, also wearing a beard and said "Surprise mother fucker! It took you to long to make your way to me" and kissed Dexter tenderly on the neck from behind at the table. Also that retarded look Dexter gave would have been better had that happened.
although this would be crazy writing, it would have made the finale much, much better. Back to A+++ show list.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I don't always murder my sister in a hospital, but when I do no alarms go off when she flatlines and I steal her body in front of 30 hospital staff.

I get the whole suicide ending, except he said last episode that he totally doesn't need to kill anymore, even Saxon, because he has Hannah. So the whole "I hurt everyone" bit kinda goes out the window. Then the fake death lumberjack bit had no purpose whatsoever. Writers didn't want to kill him off? Why the hell not.

Thank god this show is over. Should have been euthanized years ago

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I would have rather watched Grumpus' ending than this horrible, horrible piece of shit. It would have been moderately less piece-of-shitty if they had left out that last scene, but it still would have sucked. With it though...gah, just fucking horrible.

Lost, I am sorry for all the bad things I said.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Look, either kill him and make him pay for all he's done, or use the Code or some other contrivance to get him to Rio to be happy. Either way give us an ending and earn it. This did neither. TV abortion.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Dexter Morgan's new name is Buzz Martin. Who knew he could sing?

buzz.jpg