Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, but you can use your crusader to farm up blood shards so your WD can buy 6 shoulders of each set to cube into what you want.
My WD is actually better than my Crusader. I have helltooth pieces in my bank but I really like the Haunt 2 piece.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
If going for t13 gear or going for GR gear I'd prefer GR gear, get some gems up will go a ways towards making ANY build stronger.
A GR build would do t13 well enough to get enough keys to get your gems up while you then work on your t13 build.

YMMV.

Though honestly, what I really do is prolly just go with whatever of the two choices random chance pushes me towards early (ie for DH, do I get impale gear for GRs or MS for t13?).

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Is anything faster than a WoL In-geom monk for farming?
If you don't stop to loot and/or get good enough rifts so you can keep up In-Geom procs up most of the time, then no nothing is faster. I have both and farm more with the chicken because of the random shit rifts that have no champion/elite pack density. Chicken isn't reliant upon procs, it's like playing D3 with EQ bard speed.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Problem I had with chicken is that yes, it's fast, but until you get into some sweet gear, the damage isn't high enough to 1 shot elite packs, slowing it way down.

I've noticed a number of speed builds are that way. Lazy Bone Storm necro was similar. In all the play guides it tells to you basically cast a few things, and run around, and the Bonestorm swirling around you kills everything. I put it together, and it wasn't the case at all. I was standing next to elites watching there life tick down, waiting for them to die.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Multishot isn't far behind IG Bells, but no I wouldn't say anything tops that one for speed

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've noticed, that until you have like 800-1200 Paragon, all the "fast powerful builds that'll get you past GR60" aren't really going to get you past GR60.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
You've noticed wrong. Really badly affixed Impale with a terrible Karlei's Point, low gems and 400ish para will get you past GR 70 solo without trouble (and qualify you for primal drops). Speaking from experience here.

Generally, by 5-600 para, as long as you concentrate on one build (that is high grift capable in the first place) you should be doing gr75-80+ without trouble if that's your thing.

As for GR60, depending on your season journey set, you could be doing gr60s without trouble not long after getting your 6 piece and decent gear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Doing some rifts reminded me of something that someone said earlier, about doing speed rift runs but not picking stuff up.

For gosh sakes, PICK STUFF UP. Also, always open treasure chests.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You've noticed wrong. Really badly affixed Impale with a terrible Karlei's Point, low gems and 400ish para will get you past GR 70 solo without trouble (and qualify you for primal drops). Speaking from experience here.

Generally, by 5-600 para, as long as you concentrate on one build (that is high grift capable in the first place) you should be doing gr75-80+ without trouble if that's your thing.

As for GR60, depending on your season journey set, you could be doing gr60s without trouble not long after getting your 6 piece and decent gear.
I did the half Marauder half Nat's into a GR70 around paragon 250ish. It's certainly doable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did GR75 with under 400 paragon.

So I'm reading this firebat build is top tier for WD. Currently enjoying this build but obviously optimal is always better?

Also, I understand there's different builds for GR and bounties but why even do bounties? And is there a way to save specific gear sets and builds to swap in and out? Is that what the armory is for? I've never touched it lol.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I did GR75 with under 400 paragon.

So I'm reading this firebat build is top tier for WD. Currently enjoying this build but obviously optimal is always better?

Also, I understand there's different builds for GR and bounties but why even do bounties? And is there a way to save specific gear sets and builds to swap in and out? Is that what the armory is for? I've never touched it lol.
You'll need bounties for Kanai's Cube.