Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm really hating crusader this season. Normally I like it. Can't get the ancient pieces i need for a LON set and the runner up invokers feels fragile as fuck. I can do GREAT single target dps, but aoe is meh and im just instagibbed by so many things.
I'm Thorns Crusader atm. Haven't had a lot of time so only GR75. The single target is kind of annoying. Looking forward to getting everything together for Blessed Shield but getting the LoN pieces is a slow process. Taking any ancient in the non-key slots to start with. Will report back later when I do.
It doesn't solve the AoE problem, but put RoRG in the cube, and then swap in Sanguinary Bracers, and it'll help.

Also, because you don't have to worry about CC/CHD, my Invoker set is tanky AF? Why are you getting gibbed so bad? I have like 90M toughness or something crazy. But yea, absolutely could play RGK in meta.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
It doesn't solve the AoE problem, but put RoRG in the cube, and then swap in Sanguinary Bracers, and it'll help.

Also, because you don't have to worry about CC/CHD, my Invoker set is tanky AF? Why are you getting gibbed so bad? I have like 90M toughness or something crazy. But yea, absolutely could play RGK in meta.

Not using a RORG build though. It's not even in the current meta to have RoRG equipped or cubed this season. I think a big issue is I'm not using diamonds in my gear and using rubies instead. Need to try to squeeze some more defense out instead of offense atm.

Last edited:

Crone

Not using a RORG build though. It's not even in the current meta to have RoRG equipped or cubed this season. I think a big issue is I'm not using diamonds in my gear and using rubies instead.
For Invoker? Yes, I understand, but why not try new things? I'm telling you to drop your Invoker bracers, put RoRG in the cube, and then put on Sanguinary Bracers for more AoE damage? Why so rigid?

This is simply to get more AoE damage out of the build, which it lacks.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I was initially getting gibbed as Invoker for a few reasons:
1) Didn't realize most of my free season set pieces had 0 VIT rolled on it. Duhhh.
2) Went for rubies at first over diamonds. Maybe I can go back now.
3) Didn't have the Akkarat shield that helps with CDs.
4) Probably most important, I didn't have my keys set up correctly. I'm lazy and wasn't using all my defensive CDs properly. I eventually put them as keys 2-3-4 with Akkarat's Champ on right mouse and every time I stop for an elite pack, I pop them all at once and go to town, then ride out to collect globes. They are all usually up again by the time I get to the next pack or if I had to escape and run back in.

YMMV, but it was definitely different than the playstyle I was used to.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Haven't played this for a bit, figured I'd give some of the new stuff a fair try.

Back to necro this season, RNG gods smiled on me, and got circle and leorics ring out of gambling my shards from cache, and decent leorics crown from first RG. 8-10 mages plowing the road to 70 more useful than the chance at the wristguards. Inarius is my favorite set usually, so looks like a good season for me to play necro.

With the season bonus, might have a chance to play with some minion & corpse explosion fun builds at higher difficulty, would keep me interested longer.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
beat my lvl 70 GR for the free primal, and got a follower trinket...not even the one that keeps them from dying. I think I'm just gonna grind out my stash space and wings this season and then chill

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I want the wings too but the set dungeon is hard. Got to GR 85 but I think my weapons and armour need upgrading as it's pretty harsh now. I read that WW barbs not very good at pushing deeper unless it's really well geared.

I might make a monk as they seem to be able to get to 100+ with minimal effort. And i want something not super complex to play.

Do I just put the gem of ease thing into a weapon and roll another character and then just give it the level 70 weapon and watch it wreck stuff?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I blasted a 94 on my thorns invoker before I stopped bothering to log in. You don't need anything other than Justice Lantern + Trove + Aquila + 6 set to get to T13. Getting past that may require Travellers+Compass. Blood Brother cubed helps a bit, with Akkarats Awakening. Unity helped to push on 90+ without worrying about ancients.

RE: Gem of Ease (level 25), yes.

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want the wings too but the set dungeon is hard. Got to GR 85 but I think my weapons and armour need upgrading as it's pretty harsh now. I read that WW barbs not very good at pushing deeper unless it's really well geared.

I might make a monk as they seem to be able to get to 100+ with minimal effort. And i want something not super complex to play.

Do I just put the gem of ease thing into a weapon and roll another character and then just give it the level 70 weapon and watch it wreck stuff?
The Marauder set dungeon for DH is the easiest in the game if you are looking for a class with an easy dungeon.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The Marauder set dungeon for DH is the easiest in the game if you are looking for a class with an easy dungeon.
Natalya, imo. You just gotta roll cdr, take 8 second RoV, and watch the timer until you get the 90 second part done, then just kill everything. Just don't run out of hate while doing this. Very simple map to work with.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Natalya, imo. You just gotta roll cdr, take 8 second RoV, and watch the timer until you get the 90 second part done, then just kill everything. Just don't run out of hate while doing this. Very simple map to work with.

yup, Nats is the dungeon I always do each season. Hexing Pants, Bat Familiar, Obsidian Ring really help with it. Cube RoRG if you need the extra item slot freed up (if you are missing ring / weapon for the set). With as powerful as the set bonus is now you won't have any trouble killing the mobs, but I try not to use vengeance if at all possible because I want all my Zodiac ticks going to Rain instead of Vengence cooldown. Gotta hit mobs with strafe to get those procs too, so put Strafe on your left or right click and keep it held down. Keeping Yangs in your main hand with the RCR can help with the channeled cost of Strafe too.

the Blood Vengence passive that gives you hatred for picking up orbs can help a lot too, but its pretty easy to just go ahead and master it to knock out the Journey checkmark for the following one too.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sun wuko’s set dungeon is also super easy. Upgrading rares to get a bow for my dh alt and got a primal ancient yangs.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Marauders is legit no items needed except the set. Sure a rucksack makes it even easier but it's literally retard level easy. Don't get hit and keep your sentries up.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I did impale. Learn not to miss and then it's simply vault around and finish clearing everything.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I don't think I've done anything except Rathma's for necro, it was a pain in the ass. I think I remember having to equip yellows, and stripping my paragon points because there was some problem with killing too fast, or something like that. I think I blocked that experience out lol.

Liking the season bonus, speeds up starting out. Got an ancient Reapers Wraps 2nd craft, and some crap neck I forget name of, so got a nice starting bonus dmg for mages & skellys. Reapers wraps must have a high chance of turning ancient or something, 3rd season I had good ones at the start.

Surprised I got to 70 so fast though, I had a good xp bonus, but all I did was the 5 acts of bounties twice, and 2 N rifts.

Didn't have the goblin weirdness this time, but I did run into huge pack of them at 70, wasn't the ones that split, was all the various types of gobs, roughly 12-15 of them together. Got my purple floating skull pet finally at least. Was like Benny Hill, fucking gobs running and gating everywhere, with packs of mobs mixed in. I missed half of them, and no whimsyshire portal like i was hoping.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Yea, that's my biggest problem with set dungeons is that you can overpower them and fail. I get trying to force players to use the secondary set bonuses as intended but I wish more were like marauders where you don't have to intentionally gimp yourself to master it. Started with a wiz this season and you literally have to die for the firebird dungeon. It's easy to cheese with the cold immunity neck but still stupid that you have to take off all life and regen gear to make it work.

Crone

Didn't have internet for a day and a half, and that's all it took to break my motivation to play... Just don't feel like logging in and doing anything else anymore. Normally I make a new class, or keep going a while longer, but not sure it'll happen this Season.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Didn't have internet for a day and a half, and that's all it took to break my motivation to play... Just don't feel like logging in and doing anything else anymore. Normally I make a new class, or keep going a while longer, but not sure it'll happen this Season.

That is because the game is shallow as shit. It's fun for a week of ass blasting demons at the start of a season but then everyone is decked out in the same exact fucking items and it's a race of how many ancient, primal ancient, and gems. It's fun when you can log in and find some upgrades but the tail of it is you then start getting upgrades next to never and all you are left doing is chasing your dick. Diablo 3 really does suck shit through a straw. The only fun part is the game is smooth to play and the abilities can be fun although every class only uses like 3 of the entire arsenal because most are trash.

Game could of used another expansion at least with Diablo 2 you could trade rare items and loot drops were always an exciting thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users