Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Because unless I can hit cap with all of my BIS gear with max rolls within a week, the game is an uninspired dogshit, trash ass braindead IQ grindfest. Also, if they game does allow me to do that, it's a casual homofest made by cuck bitch faggot groomers who don't know how to make games anymore.

Basically, I'm a boomer and I want to be MAAAAAAAADDDD!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Its not that I want to hit 100 in a week. But if it takes 200 hours to get to 100 I want that 200 hours to be fun, not doing the same god damned activity over and over again getting dog shit for my time spent. I dont care if it takes 2 fucking months of playtime to get to 100. But give us more shit to do to vary that time up a bit instead of doing generic dungeon with same mechanics 500 times for some +5 rewards.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
not doing the same god damned activity over and over again getting dog shit for my time spent.
Bro, do you even ARPG?
But give us more shit to do to vary that time up a bit instead of doing generic dungeon with same mechanics 500 times for some +5 rewards.
Sure, I get that. Blizzard will 100% live and die by what sort of seasonal content they add. If they go big dick and keep it similar to PoE where they're adding new mechanics, ways to interact with the endgame, etc.? Fuck yeah. If they go limp dick and do double treasure goblin? Yeah, this game won't last long.

With PoE2 on the horizon(as well as ExileCon in like a month), I really, really doubt they're planning on going limp dick. I'm betting there's a reason S1 is lining up closely with ExileCon. Expect some shots to get fired.

• 1Like

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
Its not that I want to hit 100 in a week. But if it takes 200 hours to get to 100 I want that 200 hours to be fun, not doing the same god damned activity over and over again getting dog shit for my time spent. I dont care if it takes 2 fucking months of playtime to get to 100. But give us more shit to do to vary that time up a bit instead of doing generic dungeon with same mechanics 500 times for some +5 rewards.
Do stuff you find fun then, you're making a problem for your self and then not solving it and complaining its the games fault. There's so many things to do even for leveling slightly less optimally. If you don't like the content and the combat why are you even playing? That's so beyond wanting the game to get or be better that you're clearly just wasting yours and our time discussing it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im not playing anymore. I stopped a few days ago. But why is it that I cannot discuss shit here? Do only the people who jack off to the thought of this game only allowed to post here? I paid my $80 so that entitles me to speak to the shit I do like and the shit I dont. I dont give a fuck what you think. Look, this game has potential. the core game is fun, its jsut that it needs more. And I hope it gets added and not just endless paragon with endless random uninspired dungeon grind. I look at Grim dawn, it had targeted boss fights, with unique loot pools, it had dungeons that dropped unique loot for each of them. I look at Last epoch which has the same. And the game is not even out yet and it has more to end game than this.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Paragon is great. WTF you talking about? The problem is you level so god damn slow post 50, plus the runes level even slower that you dont feel the paragon unless you grind the ever living shit out of this game post 50. But yeah, the paragon system is great and despite what you think has a lot of depth to it.

Paragon would feel much better if it was more frontloaded so you can actually play with it at 50 instead of this weird quarter level horse shit faggotry.

You could keep the same total paragon give you room to get into the trees earlier in the game and let you grind out the max/max autistic American Inventor shit later.

Maybe give 2 paragon per level and front load the rest so people can actually play with alts and specs before you are 80+

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Do stuff you find fun then, you're making a problem for your self and then not solving it and complaining its the games fault. There's so many things to do even for leveling slightly less optimally. If you don't like the content and the combat why are you even playing? That's so beyond wanting the game to get or be better that you're clearly just wasting yours and our time discussing it.

Mist alt?

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
Paragon would feel much better if it was more frontloaded so you can actually play with it at 50 instead of this weird quarter level horse shit faggotry.

You could keep the same total paragon give you room to get into the trees earlier in the game and let you grind out the max/max autistic American Inventor shit later.

Maybe give 2 paragon per level and front load the rest so people can actually play with alts and specs before you are 80+
They kind of do that with renown. On new characters that hit lvl 50 you have some 25 points to play with. Not disagreeing its a little slow to start and they might adress that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

That might be the ticket bro good idea. Give say, 4 points per 1/4 in 50s, then 3 in 60s, 2 in 70s and 1 for 1/4 level 80+

• 1Seriously?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bro, do you even ARPG?

Sure, I get that. Blizzard will 100% live and die by what sort of seasonal content they add. If they go big dick and keep it similar to PoE where they're adding new mechanics, ways to interact with the endgame, etc.? Fuck yeah. If they go limp dick and do double treasure goblin? Yeah, this game won't last long.

With PoE2 on the horizon(as well as ExileCon in like a month), I really, really doubt they're planning on going limp dick. I'm betting there's a reason S1 is lining up closely with ExileCon. Expect some shots to get fired.
I hope you are right and seasons are the ticket. I hope its more than D3 model.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That might be the ticket bro good idea. Give say, 4 points per 1/4 in 50s, then 3 in 60s, 2 in 70s and 1 for 1/4 level 80+

Then they have to rebalance the whole thing since paragon would inflate from 220 max to ~460

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Then they have to rebalance the whole thing since paragon would inflate from 220 max to ~460
Clearly I didnt do the math there, :cool: but yeah it makes sense to front load it somehow. Give players the max rewards at 50 then taper them down to almost nothing at 90+.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Im not playing anymore. I stopped a few days ago. But why is it that I cannot discuss shit here? Do only the people who jack off to the thought of this game only allowed to post here? I paid my $80 so that entitles me to speak to the shit I do like and the shit I dont. I dont give a fuck what you think. Look, this game has potential. the core game is fun, its jsut that it needs more. And I hope it gets added and not just endless paragon with endless random uninspired dungeon grind. I look at Grim dawn, it had targeted boss fights, with unique loot pools, it had dungeons that dropped unique loot for each of them. I look at Last epoch which has the same. And the game is not even out yet and it has more to end game than this.

"waaaaaaaaah I want to criticize the game in this thread, I paid $80 for it. How dare you criticize me in this thread, tho! If you don't agree with me then you don't deserve to respond to my posts!"

"waah, I have to run dungeons over and over on this game. Last Epoch or Grim Dawn are so much better where I can just skip 90% of the dungeon as I run straight to the boss and kill him over and over. That's way more engaging and fun and not repetitive" Last time I played Last Epoch, tho, it was endless random uninspired dungeon in the form of monoliths or whatever they were called, tho. Did that change in the last 2 months?

• 3Faggotry
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
He was just giving an example. I don't think he meant we had to have more just better distribution of them.

Well the tapering already happens naturally due to the exp curve, so I'm not really sure what's being accomplished. If you add front-loading to an exp curve, you just have double the bullshit in the later levels. Perhaps just smoothing out the exp required for 45-60 or so, I did notice a big change in the late 40's, it slowed way down noticeably.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
epoch has random dungeons, AKA maps, it has bosses to farm, 300% more build defining uniques to farm for, build defining item sets, it has tons more build potential per class, which it also has more of. it has an endless arena PVE, and a cuple of set dungeons with 4 tiers of difficulty with, again, unique loot that only drops there. Also I could give a shit if you agree with me or not.

• 1Like

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
That sounds great and blizzard has not given us any reason to not believe that will happen for D4 as well. Like most people seem to parrot, seasons will define the future of this game. Lots of potential in what we've been given thus far but very far from a classic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
PoE item levels have almost every tier unlocked by the time you get into like t4 maps, ilvl 84 mods unlock almost no "big upgrade" affix possibilities. Oh boy, I can get 46-48 resist on an item instead of 41-45 when I get to i84 instead of i73 or whatever the t2 is, etc. Also, how can you say there are too many affix in this game but not say the same for PoE? Is it only because PoE pretty much eliminated the relevance of dropped items at all because now you just meta craft everything that is worth using? PoE also has disparities power to the tune of multiplicative vs additive...

Yes, they should change item levels a bit so that you don't end up with the high power stuff early, and maybe a few other small changes. I'm sure they saved some stuff for season 1 just because it's planned to come out so fast (and every company does this shit whether its seasons or dlc a week after release etc.).

Do all of you trying to compare this to PoE while listing things as negatives for this game but not for PoE just not realize what you're doing because you're so used to it with PoE that it doesn't register or what?

What is up with this simping bro?

We are generally arguing from the perspective that we expect D4 to be more or less POE-lite.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That sounds great and blizzard has not given us any reason to not believe that will happen for D4 as well. Like most people seem to parrot, seasons will define the future of this game. Lots of potential in what we've been given thus far but very far from a classic.
Judging by Bliz's historically glacial development cycle it just isn't likely that they can crank out a Season with a new mechanic to draw players in every 90 days. If they could pull it off in 6 months then I would be surprised. But every 6 months is what they should probably shoot for.

Bliz has publicly stated that seasonal content is their future. That is why we are making these comparisons.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What is up with this simping bro?

We are generally arguing from the perspective that we expect D4 to be more or less POE-lite.
And i'm pointing out that it has a LOT of similarities to PoE and essentially is a PoE-lite? People are arguing that d4 is shit because it does all the same things that PoE does while also trying to claim that PoE is the gold standard masterpiece ARPG?

Both games take a long time to get exp. Nobody bitches about that being a negative in PoE but this thread is nonstop bitching about how you can't get to 100 with perfect gear in 10 hours. Both games have shitloads of bad items and affixes. Nobody bitches about that being a negative in PoE but this thread is nonstop bitching about how there aren't 4000 build defining unique items and every piece of loot isn't meaningful and special. Both games have +gooder in the forms of items and skill points/paragon. This thread is nonstop bitching about how terrible and boring it is while saying PoE's +gooder is +gooder than this games +gooder.

epoch has random dungeons, AKA maps, it has bosses to farm, 300% more build defining uniques to farm for, build defining item sets, it has tons more build potential per class, which it also has more of. it has an endless arena PVE, and a cuple of set dungeons with 4 tiers of difficulty with, again, unique loot that only drops there. Also I could give a shit if you agree with me or not.
I've repeated dungeons and they had different layouts and objectives, AKA maps. Last Epoch basically copy pasted Grim Dawn which basically copy pasted TQ and by the way, 99% of the loot in those games is meaningless trash, too, just like every arpg.