Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Btw, something no one has talked about (that I'm aware of).

As far as the ending (not post credit, the actual ending when Strange's 3rd eye opens as he's reeling in pain on the street)... is the implication here that he is being sleepwalked/possessed by another multiverse him?

4 points:

1) The only time we see 3rd eye Strange in the film is the evil Strange that was corrupted himself by the Darkhold in the multiverse where it was all grey and they fought with music.
2) Right before Strange starts reeling in pain, the music starts becoming dissonant as fuck. This, as a music cue, hearkens to evil Strange.
3) Right after that Strange is impaled, the 3rd eye opens, indicating maybe... not really dead???
4) The Illuminati, as big as pushovers as they were, were part of a multiverse where they claimed they were experts at the multiverse itself, and their conclusion was that Wanda wasn't the biggest threat to the multiverse... it was in fact Steven (and I'm sure by extension, all his variants across the multiverse, since any one of them is capable of being sleepwalked/possessed.

Seems with his willingness to join Clea with more adventures in the literal dimension where Dormammu, that it could stand to reason that in the future, Strange himself will get corrupted as hell by the dark dimension and will be the source to what the Illuminati claimed... that Steven is the ultimate threat to everything.

Is He Who Remains/Kang going to eventually find a way to possess every person who is said to be a problem to the multiverse (Loki/Silvie, Strange, The Scarlet Witch [thus far] and it's him that ends the multiversal war fighting "himself")???

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Btw, something no one has talked about (that I'm aware of).

As far as the ending (not post credit, the actual ending when Strange's 3rd eye opens as he's reeling in pain on the street)... is the implication here that he is being sleepwalked/possessed by another multiverse him?

4 points:

1) The only time we see 3rd eye Strange in the film is the evil Strange that was corrupted himself by the Darkhold in the multiverse where it was all grey and they fought with music.
2) Right before Strange starts reeling in pain, the music starts becoming dissonant as fuck. This, as a music cue, hearkens to evil Strange.
3) Right after that Strange is impaled, the 3rd eye opens, indicating maybe... not really dead???
4) The Illuminati, as big as pushovers as they were, were part of a multiverse where they claimed they were experts at the multiverse itself, and their conclusion was that Wanda wasn't the biggest threat to the multiverse... it was in fact Steven (and I'm sure by extension, all his variants across the multiverse, since any one of them is capable of being sleepwalked/possessed.

Seems with his willingness to join Clea with more adventures in the literal dimension where Dormammu, that it could stand to reason that in the future, Strange himself will get corrupted as hell by the dark dimension and will be the source to what the Illuminati claimed... that Steven is the ultimate threat to everything.

Is He Who Remains/Kang going to eventually find a way to possess every person who is said to be a problem to the multiverse (Loki/Silvie, Strange, The Scarlet Witch [thus far] and it's him that ends the multiversal war fighting "himself")???
I took the third eye as more of an indication that his use of the Darkhold did, in fact, exact a price as he was warned it would. He's being corrupted by it, even if it no longer exists.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. Took the third eye as a symbol of being corrupted for using the Darkhold. Dreamwalking was the main thing they did with/from the Darkhold in the movie, but presumably he also now has access to other naughty magic from it and plans to use it on the Clea-adventure?

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Screenshot_20220510-091045~2.png

• 13Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I couldn't finish The Eternals - If I'd downloaded Strange 2 then I definitely would have finished it.

Don't think I'll keep going the cinema for MCU. As I said in my review, the final battles are the least interesting bits because they're all the same. I've fallen asleep in cinema during Black Panther battle (had smoked some weed earlier), and during Dr Strange 2 battle (only had 4 hours sleep before).

Black Panther was one of the biggest pieces of shit. It was only popular bc blacks felt they had a super hero lol

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Give Loki a chance. It starts kinda weak but grows on you.

Yeah, I've got two episodes left and it has grown on me. Dare I say I kinda want to also watch Hawkeye and F+WS now. These shows are basically the length of 2 modern movies so it isn't like they really take much investment. I'm sure I'll eat my words on F+WS but I'm guessing I'll like Hawkeye at least.

Also watched Iron Man 2 again tonight, for the first time since opening weekend. Wanted to see a Marvel movie where the male lead was actually allowed to be strong/confident/assertive, cause it's been a while. Interestingly enough, the "women dominating men in combat" thing we lament about sometimes...was already going on in full swing in that movie, from 2010. Black Widow kicks tons of ass, juxtaposed with Happy struggling with one guard, and so on. And it's all pretty awesome. The main difference is that the male heroes aren't treated like comic relief, just the comic relief guys are. Nowadays they just throw both into a blender I guess.

Either way, Iron Man 2 is still an A+ watch.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wormie, stop baiting

Vanessa, stop being...well...you I guess? Stop letting yourself get baited.

Anyways....

Loki was awesome and I agree, this whole thing has to be leading to secret wars, I guess it'll depend on how they approach Fantastic 4 when that comes time.

Surprised they haven't announced a Fantastic Four movie yet.

Phase 4 also doesn't seem to have an end-movie like the others did. It just goes right from Phase 4 to Phase 5 some time soon. I can't really wrap my head around that. What differentiates Phase 4 and 5?

I'll say this though, I thought they didn't have any real plan post-Thanos and were just throwing random sequels out there, but now I think I was wrong. There's definitely a plan leading to a climax, even if I don't get it yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, I've got two episodes left and it has grown on me. Dare I say I kinda want to also watch Hawkeye and F+WS now. These shows are basically the length of 2 modern movies so it isn't like they really take much investment. I'm sure I'll eat my words on F+WS but I'm guessing I'll like Hawkeye at least.

Also watched Iron Man 2 again tonight, for the first time since opening weekend. Wanted to see a Marvel movie where the male lead was actually allowed to be strong/confident/assertive, cause it's been a while. Interestingly enough, the "women dominating men in combat" thing we lament about sometimes...was already going on in full swing in that movie, from 2010. Black Widow kicks tons of ass, juxtaposed with Happy struggling with one guard, and so on. And it's all pretty awesome. The main difference is that the male heroes aren't treated like comic relief, just the comic relief guys are. Nowadays they just throw both into a blender I guess.

i'm probably in the minority here, but STAY AWAY from Falcon and Winter Soldier. thats a massive piece of shit wokefest that will piss you off by the end and make you nope out of this ruined franchise. its literally scenes of Winter Soldier apologizing for being white, Falcon telling white people that they need to do better and Falcon being a fucking loser who cant get a loan for his Bubba Gump shrimping business. because racism of course.
Surprised they haven't announced a Fantastic Four movie yet.

Phase 4 also doesn't seem to have an end-movie like the others did. It just goes right from Phase 4 to Phase 5 some time soon. I can't really wrap my head around that. What differentiates Phase 4 and 5?

I'll say this though, I thought they didn't have any real plan post-Thanos and were just throwing random sequels out there, but now I think I was wrong. There's definitely a plan leading to a climax, even if I don't get it yet.
youtubers keep saying there is a plan or an endgame. Cathon or however its spelled, but nothing has been confirmed. IMO right now Phase 4 seems its just Disney throwing whatewver shit storyline at the wall to see what sticks so they could run with it. so far its just Spidey and Strange. nobody is thrilled with post Endgame characters. surprise, people liked the old stuff and not the woke stuff.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I found Hawkeye to be much better than Loki and probably in the top 10 marvel products I have seen. All the characters were likeable, with a nice contained storyline for characters I had little interest in, before watching the show.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Sam Raimi was the perfect choice to direct this movie. My leanings in the Marvel universe comics and movie wise have always been more to the magic/cosmic level stuff and his style was absolutely the best match for this specific movie. I wouldn't set him loose on the rest of the MCU though. Wanda/Scarlet Witch was a true monster in this movie, only part that was a little jarring was the music fight between the Stranges near the end but after the first few seconds I adjusted to it and kind of liked the stylistic chance he took there.
8+/10

Fadaar

That guy
if Thor 4 doesnt knock my socks off i probably wont bother going to see anything else in theaters unless theres some heavy word of mouth praise

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i'm probably in the minority here, but STAY AWAY from Falcon and Winter Soldier. thats a massive piece of shit wokefest that will piss you off by the end and make you nope out of this ruined franchise. its literally scenes of Winter Soldier apologizing for being white, Falcon telling white people that they need to do better and Falcon being a fucking loser who cant get a loan for his Bubba Gump shrimping business. because racism of course.

Doubt you're in the minority there. You forgot the part where they decided Bucky isn't badass anymore and spends the entire season getting his ass beat by people who should be far weaker than him

Kind of weird comparing an Avenger with a personal assistant.

Either way, they've always had Black Widow and Hawkeye do super badass things to make up for them just being regular people.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Doubt you're in the minority there. You forgot the part where they decided Bucky isn't badass anymore and spends the entire season getting his ass beat by people who should be far weaker than him

Kind of weird comparing an Avenger with a personal assistant.

Either way, they've always had Black Widow and Hawkeye do super badass things to make up for them just being regular people.
yeah forgot about that, but i guess it made sense for them to cut Bucky's balls off because everyone already expected another human with the super serum to take Cap's place, especially one who was Cap's best friend that he was willing to ride or die for. that show is an abomination that never should have seen the light of day. they ruined Captain America. they ruined what it even meant in the first place. shameful.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
The opening scene was the best thing in F&WS besides any scenes with Zemo. Everything else was terrible. Just because WS wasn't brainwashed anymore that didn't mean he couldn't bust some skulls.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
sebastian stan KILLED it in falcon and winter soldier. just sucks that the show itself was no good.

Sendaar

Nom Nom Nom
That's kinda fair when talking about anything superhero but his breakdown of Dr Strange is on point. He is getting dumber for no reason. He is also absolutely on point about Wanda. He did miss the biggest WTF.

After Wanda came to Karma-Taj, where the sorcerers put up a last stand against her, dying left and right, Wong gets taken hostage. His vaguely hinted romantic partner somehow survives, and sacrifices herself before his eyes to destroy the Darkhold - the evil book responsible for Wanda becoming evil and gaining multidimensional powers. In theory, the movie could have ended there. But it didn't. And why? Because Wanda gets angry, picks up four of the sorcerers Wong knows, and threatens him to help her. And he does. After dozens of sorcerers and students died in attempt to stop Wanda, Wong isn't willing to sacrifice four more, instead endangering the entire multiverse. AFTER THAT BLACK CHICK HE LIKES INCINERATED HERSELF BY SUCCESSFULLY STOPPING HER. He could have just said "Man, this sucks, but what am I to do? It was the only Darkhold that existed" and she would have no rebuttal.
Because she would just have gotten into his mind and found out anyway. This way he controls it a little bit and could have a moment of opportunity to take her out, not unsimilar to what happened?

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I will never watch iron man 2 or 3, Thor 2, black panther, or captain marvel. I don't think I was able to make it through any of those movies

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

youtubers keep saying there is a plan or an endgame. Cathon or however its spelled, but nothing has been confirmed. IMO right now Phase 4 seems its just Disney throwing whatewver shit storyline at the wall to see what sticks so they could run with it. so far its just Spidey and Strange. nobody is thrilled with post Endgame characters. surprise, people liked the old stuff and not the woke stuff.

Who/what is Cathon? Never heard of it. Madison Cawthorn?

Sounds like FWS would piss me off indeed.

I can't get a loan either, because I shot my credit when I was in my 20's by not dealing with a medical bill for years, being late on payments, etc. Been doing everything nearly-flawlessly in my 30's but it doesn't matter, my credit is still like 10 points shy of getting any substantial loans.

It's probably 'cause of my skin color. No, it's because I made bad choices and stupid mistakes.

• 1Like