Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I know it is trivial but the star shape of the inter-dimensional portal felt like a little kiddie show.

Yeah that bothered me too. Seemed like it was supposed to emphasize that she is AMERICA Chavez, since in comic books her character has a large star on the front of her shirt. But it was just plain dumb.

Out of all the MCU movies, seemed like this had the most potential and they dropped the ball. Meanwhile you look at some of the IPs that you thought had no potential whatsoever like Ant-Man and they managed to make that enjoyable from start to finish.

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
Yeah this movie was a mess that did not flow very well at all. They could have made the multiverse concept so much fun but instead went with standard Raimi horror movie with a MCU veneer.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started watching this last night, stopped around Kamar-Taj.

I just don't care enough about this shit to watch it through. I mean, wtf is this? A Jem / Marvel crossover?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I started watching this last night, stopped around Kamar-Taj.

I just don't care enough about this shit to watch it through. I mean, wtf is this? A Jem / Marvel crossover?

It doesn't get any better. It's awful beginning to end. There's even a scene where two Dr Strangers fight by throwing musical notes at each other.
And there's some temple where there's a whole thing of how Scarlet Witch is going to end the world, as a prophecy .. but she was literally created by some knuckleheads playing with an infinity stone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Dunno when all the edgelords crawled out of the woodwork into this thread.

It was a good movie, one of the best so far in Phase 4. Not a great movie, it was no Spider Man No Way Home. But most of the criticisms here are retarded.

There were two really dumb things in the movie. Two.
1. in your face retarded lesbian mom scene
2. whoever they cast as America Chavez sucks. I don't know if the character sucks in the comics, I have no familiarity with her. Seems like an interesting character on paper.

I only know this chick has zero charisma, a weird fucking face, and moves like she's wearing jeans that are too tight or has a badly sized butt plug in. She's got that same unappealing thing Darcy from Wandavision had going. Like thick in an awkward unattractive clumsy way.

Just every scene she's in, she makes it seem like this is a shitty CW show or something.

Other than that, good movie. The Phase 4 MCU movies from best to worst:
No Way Home
Multiverse
Widow
Shang Chi
Eternals

• 2Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No Way Home
Multiverse
Widow
Shang Chi
Eternals
I agree with the list. If I were honest about the list, I would have listed it this way.

No Way Home
Multiverse
Widow
Shang Chi
Eternals

While it is true that there are only 5 movies, there cannot possibly be any made in the future worse than Eternals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I agree with the list. If I were honest about the list, I would have listed it this way.

No Way Home
Multiverse
Widow
Shang Chi
Eternals

While it is true that there are only 5 movies, there cannot possibly be any made in the future worse than Eternals.
Eternals 2

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

It was a good movie, one of the best so far in Phase 4. Not a great movie, it was no Spider Man No Way Home. But most of the criticisms here are retarded.

2. whoever they cast as America Chavez sucks. I don't know if the character sucks in the comics, I have no familiarity with her. Seems like an interesting character on paper.

I only know this chick has zero charisma, a weird fucking face, and moves like she's wearing jeans that are too tight or has a badly sized butt plug in. She's got that same unappealing thing Darcy from Wandavision had going. Like thick in an awkward unattractive clumsy way.

Just every scene she's in, she makes it seem like this is a shitty CW show or something.

No Way Home
Multiverse
Widow
Shang Chi
Eternals

God damn that's a sad list. There's only been 1 great movie in the entire phase.

1 alright movie and the rest just complete doghit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
7cbswfhj9c791.jpg

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
shes supposed to be gay also
her character is always going to suck b/c they launched her own series as a retaliation against trump in 2017, one of the most powerful (she can punch you into little star nothingness) gay hispanic and super america characters cuz her name is literally america...
I know it is trivial but the star shape of the inter-dimensional portal felt like a little kiddie show.
it's not that bad actually, its in comic cannon that her protals are star shaped as a signature

just like how nightcrawler is black puffs and leaves behind a brimstone smell
63cfcb9d1e1c035677669a46a50a929f.png

magik uses round discs of limbo
1656012211200.jpeg

blink is pink
819a29c68d501ece0ce930eb7aaef34173025ce8_00.jpg

mephisto is red clouds

teleporters have their own signature

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

No Way Home
Multiverse
Widow
Shang Chi
Eternals

Why do you have to insult people just because they didn't like this awful movie?

• 1Salty

Nester

Vyemm Raider
It was ok, I was expecting more multiverse hyjinxs, Illuminati looked lame. Diversity is still being pushed hard it seems. Of course Christine was marrying a black man. Of course America had two moms.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
It doesn't get any better. It's awful beginning to end. There's even a scene where two Dr Strangers fight by throwing musical notes at each other.
And there's some temple where there's a whole thing of how Scarlet Witch is going to end the world, as a prophecy .. but she was literally created by some knuckleheads playing with an infinity stone.

All this POWER - and I will summon fucking music notes to toss in your general direction? Hollywood has lost its creative spark.

I was ok with the prophecy, born or created it can fit! I think they talked about it in another show but I don’t recall which one.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That scene also confused me. I am pretty sure the sorcerer supreme can fly. I honestly thought the movie was insinuating that he died. Then he is shown at the edge of a cliff an hour later.

Made no sense...

The movie was fun enough but the story was kind of weak. I know it is trivial but the star shape of the inter-dimensional portal felt like a little kiddie show. Half expected to see my little ponies come out of the rift. The parts of the various dimensions traveled I enjoyed. The combat was good enough and as always I enjoy both Wanda and Dr. Strange. The new girl's acting was flat. It was like she was a guest star(Rim Shot) more than a main character. I would give it a 5.5/10.
i would agree, but the helpless quality or tone of her voice made me sympathetic towards her. either thats good acting or a happy little accident. it wouldnt have worked if she had that smug bossy shit in her voice like most hollywood actresses have.
even Natalie Portman in the prequels. "oh Anakin you are breaking my heart" perfectly annunciated and corny as fuck. GTFO.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The WandaVision TV show retcons that Wanda had magic powers all along - they were why she and Pietro survived experimentation with the mind stone, not the other way around.

It also states that Scarlet Witch is a title (for any magic user powerful enough to create a new reality on the fly), not a name - Wanda is _a_ Scarlet Witch, not necessarily _the_.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished this, I had fun even though the story was pretty weak it had a lot of cool moments. This just screamed of missed opportunity, it could have been so much better. They tried to do too much and each story barely connected, it felt like they had a bunch of ideas for scenes and just tied them loosely together.

I did like the Wanda arc starting with Wandavision and ending here. I though it was pretty cool, her descent into madness from loosing Vision and her fake kids.

I‘ll probably rewatdh one day but won’t be a regular like some of the other MCU movies.