Dragon Ball Super

SeanDoe1z1

A_Shit_Post_inCOMING<<<assist now>>

Freeza blows up entire platform with "1-3" minutes left, leaving him as sole and/or last warrior with Goku. Cue fight over wish(es?). Everyone gets an Emmy.

Cybsled

It was back when Goku first got to Beerus' planet. He tells Vegeta he overthinks things and tells Goku he leaves himself open too much because of his over confidence or something like that. Then he tells them that to get on his level, all their limbs basically have to be able to act on their own w/o conscious thought.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, right around the episode with the giant fat-person looking training suits Whis made them wear, iirc.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
And the folks wanting Vegeta to catch up to Goku or surpass him may get what they want. Potara Gogeta with Goku's UI defense and Vegeta's UI offense anyone?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

That was a good fight. Interesting that Goku seems to only be able to really use the defensive side of things for now.

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
Is this worth going through and watching from the beginning? Been reading through the last few pages and seems interesting. I liked DBZ but not so much GT (was cool still I guess just not as enjoyable).

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Is this worth going through and watching from the beginning?
Go back and watch from the start of Super. It covers the two movies, Battle of the Gods and Resurrection F in a condensed form. And from what I understand, it wipes GT out of canon. There are some solid episodes and some really funny scenes with Vegeta and Bulma. Beerus also cracks me up.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's worth watching Super all the way through. The animation quality early on is questionable but the series overall has been good and is something I am sure not to miss each week.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
The animation quality early on is questionable
GQYQgY1.png

Bad animation... no idea what you'e talking about. To be fair though, this show is gorgeous most if the time. You can find bad frames, but the action is so quick you'd never notice. The still above though... that was glaringly bad.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The first arc is a retelling of the first two movies and have more filler. The second arc is quite good and introduces a very important expansion of the Dragon Ball universe. The third arc is a classic like Frieza/Cell/Buu. The fourth arc is ongoing and is excellent so far.

And from what I understand, it wipes GT out of canon.

I wouldn't be so sure, Videl and Bulma give birth to the same kids they had in GT and I swear Uub was referenced at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if this is made in such a way to still allow GT to happen if you imagine SSJ4 is above SSGod.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Uub is in regular DBZ at the end of the Buy saga though. So him being in the future doesn’t mean they didn’t retcon GT. And I thought Akira Toriyama all but confirmed they were retconning GT?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
"My sincerest gratitude to all those who bought this Dragon Ball GT DVD box. Being a lazy bum by nature, I was absurdly happy when I managed to safely finish up Dragon Ball’s serialization, and finally be released from Deadline Hell. The TV anime people wanted to continue for just a little bit more, but I [just couldn’t do] any more than that… And so, I left the Dragon Ball anime completely up to the anime staff, story and all. That was Dragon Ball GT.

In car lingo, GT means “Gran Turismo”: a fast, high-powered car, in other words. But in this case, I had GT mean “Grand Touring”, a great journey, since the scenario was that they’d be running around the universe.

For GT, all I did was just come up with the title, design the initial main cast and some of the machines, and also do a few images. However, I was able to rest easy handing things over to the excellent staff, who had continued on Dragon Ball for all this time. In particular, the animator Nakatsuru-kun is amazingly skilled, and mastered the peculiarities of my drawings in no time at all, to the point where there were even times when I couldn’t tell whether I had drawn a certain character design, or if he had. For instance, one of Nakatsuru-kun’s designs was “Super Saiyan 4″, which appears in GT, and the picture above is a portrait that I drew looking off it. Did I draw it well?

Dragon Ball GT is a grand side-story of the original Dragon Ball, and it’ll make me happy for us to watch and enjoy it together."

— Akira Toriyama

NG1NVpbl.jpg

He drew this for the GT Box set for example.

Furthermore, Dragon Ball GT was an anime created by the makers of the DBZ anime, supervised, strictly overseen, and designed by Akira Toriyama. Though a loud minority of fans seem to think it is not part of the series, this is not actually the case.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thank fuck they were finally eliminated lol
Looks like Universe 2 are being erased next episode. Maybe Universe 6 too but I expect the Nakeks to do Fusion and be more of an offensive threat, previews shows them having unlimited regeneration... that going to be a powerup Piccolo can learn or did they wish for immortality with their Dragon Balls?

Cybsled

Universe 2 will be erased next episode. Although the preview had a plural, so I wonder if Universe 6 will get erased also. One theory floating around is that the Namekian's might end up fusing with Piccalo to provide him with a powerup, but I can't see that happening unless they are 100% defeated and have 0 chance and think it might be an out of getting erased.