Dragon Ball Super

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
U7 had the second weakest overall score, so merging other universes into it wouldn't bring it down... unless you merged it with the ONLY universe below it.

Cybsled

U7 was 2nd from bottom. Merging all the universes into it would boost them up average wise. The lowest wasn't that much lower than them if I recall, then you're adding another bunch of them with higher levels. Average would work out to be better than current U7 level.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
None of this matters anyway though does it? U7 without a merge would still be below the threshold Zen-Oh wanted to use to eliminate all weak universes. The caveat to survival is just that you win the tourney, and if U7 wins, and then merges all the deleted universes via super dragon balls, all those people are now part of the winning universe and get a free pass.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did you read my post? I said deleted people/planets, not just the tournament fighters ;)

Right, so it would bring the average to... the average of all the "weak" universes that were flagged for erasure anyway. So, meaningless, which means this particular reason (average power level) is not a reason to do that, which was my point.

None of this matters anyway though does it? U7 without a merge would still be below the threshold Zen-Oh wanted to use to eliminate all weak universes. The caveat to survival is just that you win the tourney, and if U7 wins, and then merges all the deleted universes via super dragon balls, all those people are now part of the winning universe and get a free pass.

See this is a GOOD excuse you could use to merge the universes. Also if the whole thing is just "too many universes" this addresses that somewhat as well. Although a bunch of the Gods of Destruction / Kais get screwed out of a job but at least they aren't erased.

I think U7 doing so well kind of illustrates the point that the power level ranking was not great in the first place, which would lend itself to Goku friend-zoning Zen-Oh into restoring the universes so they can brawl some more later too. There's more ways and reasons to restore the universes than there are to let them stay gone at this point.

Cybsled

Besides, it would be good for lulz if Beerus got to be the destroyer and Champa was his underling lol

Cybsled

Nice episode tonight. Good to see Vegeta surpass Goku in some ways.

He got fucked up, but preview for next episode shows him recovered. I'm not sure if it was just me, but Vegeta's aura looked different. Not ultra instinct, but it looked different than regular SSB

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah that guest artist or whoever they had this weekend was the fucking shit. I want more of that art style.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Crunchyroll has the sub up Sat night. I've found it gets kind of laggy on Sat night though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I like how in the Manga they say it'd be great to take Buu because he has healing magic, then nobody from any universe brings a healer.

Dende would have been much more useful than Tien.

On that topic I assume there's diminishing returns on having Krillin almost kill Vegeta then healing him back up with Dende over and over again?

Cybsled

Dende can't do shit except heal, though. You would have to babysit him 24/7 and he could get taken out pretty easy. At least Buu can hold his own in a fight.

SeanDoe1z1

I keep expecting some underlying arc with Frieza. I don't know why, probably all the subtle shit writers put in then it never gets used.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Dende can't do shit except heal, though. You would have to babysit him 24/7 and he could get taken out pretty easy. At least Buu can hold his own in a fight.
Well Buu should be top teir but he couldn't go because he was sleeping. Obviously he's better than Dende.

I just think that despite needing to babysit him, the healing is valuble enough and is he really that much weaker than Tien?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Powered up Goku and Vegeta walking toward Jiren has to be one of the best framed shots of the series. They still didn't do much to him though and there's only 7 minutes left. At this point I am entertaining the thought that maybe universe seven actually loses and that Jiren himself wishes everyone back to existence. It would tie in with his justice/hero motif and it would allow him to play foil to Goku like Hit did previously.

But honestly Goku will probably just go Super-Ultra Instinct and win, I guess.

Last edited:

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I sort of wish they wouldn't do things with naming the episodes in the "coming next!" portion of the credits. You know, like "Gohan's Last Stand" or anything like that kind of crap =/

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This episode was a big bag of nothing much. I really would love to see Vegeta actually out-power Goku for once since the Saiyan saga.

This kinda looks like it's the SSJ2 version of SSB but since they went a different direction with Goku (Ultra Instinct) I'm wondering if they won't make it so linear with Vegeta, either. Like, SSB Limit Break, since that's what they've called it already, even though I'm pretty sure they've used "Limit break" to describe shit in the show in every freaking saga at one point.

Edit: Oh, it was funny when Whis said Goku and Vegeta being uncooperative in their attacks was what was throwing Jiren off. Like yea they're working together... sort of.

I'd love to see Gogeta appear in a connon scene someday too. SSB Gogeta would be superb. Maybe have it as a way to get around the arbitrary power limits they keep putting on the Potara earrings.

Cybsled

Just found out DBS is ending after this arc (which wraps up by end of March). They'll have that new movie in 2019, but that may be it for Dragon Ball for a while.