Dragon Ball Super

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I still can't see them eliminating Universe 6 after so much character development.

To the person asking if they should watch from the beginning, i'd go for it, but also keep in mind if you're really used to the English voices you can find the first 50 episodes (up to the Universe 7 vs Universe 6 tourney) in English now.

Cybsled

Ya, even if all the other universes get erased, I could see Universe 6 getting saved. As you pointed out, they have devoted a ton of character development to them over the course of the series.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm feeling like shit is gonna go down, almost bringing the tourney to a halt before they get to the point of eliminating everyone. I can see maybe Universe 2 being eliminated, and maybe any of the others that haven't been mentioned as much, but I think this tournament will end prematurely before Universe 6 or Jiren's universe get eliminated.

There's a lot of theories out there as to what could happen, lots of them plausible in their own way. We got the High Priest being the "true" Omni-King theory, with this tourney either being a way for him to clean house, or an even more bizarre theory that has the High Priest being the big evil in hiding, and something with how the Omni-King loses power everytime a universe is erased (hence Omni King having the brain of a child) and this is his evil plan to eventually take over.

Then there's the much more plausible theory, involving Frieza watching/waiting for Goku to master Ultra Instinct (he even hinted at this in the last episode), because Frieza wants to master Ultra Instict himself to use against the entire Pantheon of Gods so Frieza can take over the entire multi-verse.

Probably none of them will come to light, but still interesting to theorize.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
All I know is that I don't see this series ending without Goku and Vegeta becoming opposing universe Gods of Destruction.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know some way that I can watch this on my phone? I can pretty easily watch shows at the office from my phone but not on this desktop.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Yep, Crunchyroll it up. There are ads with the free version, but the sub is only $7 or so and there are loads of anime to watch.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
CR really is the best option for the series they have. If you don't mind being a week behind you can watch everything for free. If you sub you get no ads and latest ep. Either way you end up supporting the creators.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you had/have a Crunchyroll sub, just jump on over to VRV - Home of Your Favorite Channels It's made by Crunchyroll, same price for a sub basically, and it includes Funimation, and like 13 other channels of shit to watch (mostly shit, but Harmonquest was sort of funny, and there's an Adam Savage series too).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'm finding it really hard to find a good streamable or downloadable version of the dub. My normal sources have it in shit quality.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Since I "play" Dokkan and the dub is progressing astronomically slowly, I ended up watching all the subbed episodes out. I'll actually happily rewatch the dubs eventually because I like the voice acting and will be curious if they change anything, especially in the ToP.

They keep making the Grand Priest look menacing / evil but I wonder if that's unintentional or misdirection. I expect Goku to go up to Zen-Oh and be like "hey, this was fun, if you restored those universes we could do this more and that'd be great!" to undo everything because Dragon Ball deaths make comic book deaths look permanent by comparison. There's no way they're going to throw away these piles of new characters. Alternatively, Vegetta already said he would use the SDB to bring back U6 so maybe they'll just hit all universes with it if possible. It's sort of implied that Ultra Instinct is what the priests / angels have that makes them so strong, so there could conceivably be a throwdown with GP but still think that's an unlikely route to take as everything so far has pointed towards Zen-Oh being the one leading the decisions.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I totally expect Team 7 to win, and Goku to be that typical Goku and waste their wish for their tourney prize from the Super Dragon Balls on restoring everyone.

Cybsled

It honestly makes the most sense for all the deleted people/planet of the erased universes to be merged until U7. If they just restored the universes, they would still have low power levels. If everyone is lumped into U7, suddenly U7 is top dog powerwise (or pretty damn high in any event). Plus with everyone in the same universe, it makes it easier to have characters show up when needed.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It honestly makes the most sense for all the deleted people/planet of the erased universes to be merged until U7. If they just restored the universes, they would still have low power levels. If everyone is lumped into U7, suddenly U7 is top dog powerwise (or pretty damn high in any event). Plus with everyone in the same universe, it makes it easier to have characters show up when needed.
That's... that's not how averages work. If you only restore the other universes' fighters to U7, then sure, but I would think they'd want to restore the populations as well. The "Universes" seem small enough where you could do whatever. But also, Hit has shown you can just travel between them... somehow... presumably other people could learn it as well, and probably Bulma can make a ship that can do it now that they know it's even possible which seems to be the big limit to anything Bulma / Saiyans do. Anyway, point is, it's all completely up in the air because they can easily resolve it no matter which way they go because of the generally forgiving nature of Dragon Ball physics and universe.

The "problem" with the universes in ToP according to Zen-Oh or GP or whomever was their average power level was below 7, which we have no idea what that means. On the other hand, they clearly still have stand out top-tier fighters, as Jiren/Goku/Vegeta/Caulifla/Kale/Hit/Universe 3 Voltron are all near-god-tier power already. It's unclear if the "safe" universes have top end fighters like this as well. I have to believe they don't based on the fact that Jiren himself was essentially a legend prior to the tournament. I took all of the power level talk to mean that the "general populations" of the universes were strong, which if you look at Earth in U7 it's not hard to believe other universes are stronger because that's pretty bottom-of-the-barrel compared to literally everyone and everything we've seen in DBZ+

Cybsled

Did you read my post? I said deleted people/planets, not just the tournament fighters ;)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And since you'd be merging all the weak ass people/planets into U7 (along with the tourney fighters) it would bring its overall power down, not up. Which is what he was pointing out.