Dresden Files

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Better then never. I had given up like he had gone full GRR on us.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Came in here to neg the asshole that bumped the thread with no news about Peace Talks.

Pleasantly surprised.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Came in here to neg the asshole that bumped the thread with no news about Peace Talks.

Pleasantly surprised.
Feel free to neg me anyways. It's fine ;)

In the break I have been reading the Shayne Silvers book series and he writes consistently 4 books a year and they are decent.

Also been reading the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. It's pretty good Urban fantasy and the series is finished.

Both series will get you through the tough times without Harry. They aren't as good as him but they are pretty good.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I thought he had semi-retired and was glad for him. Guy has already wrote his ass off for us. If it took 6-7 years I didn't mind. Hope he's back in a good place and honestly hope he's ready to finish this thing. I don't know how he smashed through all those earlier books like a machine.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Feel free to neg me anyways. It's fine ;)

In the break I have been reading the Shayne Silvers book series and he writes consistently 4 books a year and they are decent.

Also been reading the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. It's pretty good Urban fantasy and the series is finished.

Both series will get you through the tough times without Harry. They aren't as good as him but they are pretty good.

Also for urban fantasy I like The Laundry series quite a bit.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Went back and decided to reread the series, on book 7 now. I will say to those that start the series for the first time, the first book isn’t very good. Second gets better, but as more and more characters and enemies are introduced the series gets better and better.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah whenever I talk up the books I say the first is rough, really rough, second gets better, but the third and rest grab you and run off with your head.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Went back and decided to reread the series, on book 7 now. I will say to those that start the series for the first time, the first book isn’t very good. Second gets better, but as more and more characters and enemies are introduced the series gets better and better.

My friend read the first one and refused to go on with the series. So I gave him Dead Beat and told him it was like the 7th one in but he'd be able follow it. He binged the book and then went out and bought the first 6 to catch up.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The first one is definitely generic and the second one looks to continue and solidify a very lame formula of "let me just brew up a couple potions that all happen to be useful as fuck later on" but with book three forward they're gold. The only one I didn't really like was Ghost Story but even that one has some excellent scenes including Dresden telling a story from his youth (and seeing it differently upon revisiting it) and an A+ epilogue.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If y'all want a Dresden Files type book I started reading this one recently. I am only on the second book and the first book I disliked until I got to the Vampire Girlfriend. Which may sound cliche and shit is absolutely fucking hysterical. The main character is kind of like Murphy in Dresden. He works for the NYPD in their paranormal department but is not a wizard or anything. But he does have various supernatural abilities that seem to be growing in magnitude.

Not sure how far in the series I'll get but the first book was overall enjoyable.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
July 14th!

Jesus fucking Christ. 7 more months? I have forgotten everything that happened in Skin Game and half of the series in total. Unfortunately, with the 6 fucking year break he took this is probably one that I'm not going to pick up until he finishes the whole thing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users