Energy Drink Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So this GFuel... One scoop is good for how many ounces of water? 8oz?

It's 5g of carbs per scoop, scares me away since that's a pretty big chunk of my carb budget for a single drink. Especially if it takes two scoops to make a decent size drink.

Yeah 16oz per serving.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
And I'd say the serving size on most is too much, 16 oz or so most flavors come out fine at like half - 3/4 scoop. (Keep in mind the top funnel part I don't think counts as part of the scoop,. Some of the milder flavors might need more, but what I have it's working out fine w/ less.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Fuckers have no ETA on black on black berry, pineapple or chug rug coming to sample packs.

Not buying a tub until I try them. I still have like 5 tubs to burn through.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Golden Apple and Pear flavor. It's meh. It has a kinda weird initial taste but it finishes fine.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't drink them, and no idea if you guys normally buy them for less than this, but apparently if you use the code PEWDIEPIE for the next couple of days on the G-Fuel site you get 30% off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
I've tried about 4 different tubs and I guess they're okay but I don't really see much difference between these and 5 Hour Energy except the flavor. G-Fuel is kind of messy with the dust, then mixing, and I think it's also leaving some kind of funky white film in my glasses. I'll probably keep it around for the weekends but during the week I can grab a 5 hour energy and be done in about 15 seconds. Costco sells their generic 5 hour for like $35 for 48 bottles so the price is close.

Next tub of G Fuel might be the cotton candy to see how it tastes though.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've tried about 4 different tubs and I guess they're okay but I don't really see much difference between these and 5 Hour Energy except the flavor. G-Fuel is kind of messy with the dust, then mixing, and I think it's also leaving some kind of funky white film in my glasses. I'll probably keep it around for the weekends but during the week I can grab a 5 hour energy and be done in about 15 seconds. Costco sells their generic 5 hour for like $35 for 48 bottles so the price is close.

Next tub of G Fuel might be the cotton candy to see how it tastes though.
I don't want to hate on G-Fuel, because offering so many flavors is pretty awesome and I love anything that brings more energy to the world! But, I tend to agree. When I'm traveling all the time, bringing a mixer, the cannister, being noob and making a mess with the powder, etc. It's just easier to get an energy drink, and so far, even the bitter flavors, my energy drinks taste way better than G-fuel, to me.

So I'm curious Sledge, what 5 hours have you had that actually taste good? I guess, considering you can slug them down so quick, taste isn't as big of a factor.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
I barely have time to taste the 5 hours. Usually pomegranate flavored in one or two gulps, add tap water to the empty bottle, swirl around, gulp that down and I'm out the door. They don't taste great, but much faster and easier. I think they work quicker because they don't get diluted down with 2 cups of water.

I think the Tropical Rain flavored G-Fuel in bumming me out, but I'll still buy a few more flavors and keep drinking it on occasion. Like you said, having so many different flavors is a big plus for G-Fuel.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I have found a few flavors that are fine to drink so that's good. The biggest thing for me is I don't get the energy boost I am used too, with say a Rockstar, since I'd have to drink like 3 servings of Gfuel for the same feeling.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I barely have time to taste the 5 hours. Usually pomegranate flavored in one or two gulps, add tap water to the empty bottle, swirl around, gulp that down and I'm out the door. They don't taste great, but much faster and easier. I think they work quicker because they don't get diluted down with 2 cups of water.

I think the Tropical Rain flavored G-Fuel in bumming me out, but I'll still buy a few more flavors and keep drinking it on occasion. Like you said, having so many different flavors is a big plus for G-Fuel.

It is a big plus but they need to catch up with the individual packs, I'm not going out on a limb and buying a tub for an unknown flavor.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished Battle juice Gfuel new pineapple.

Well it’s great easily a top 5 for me and here is the kicker.

It’s sour. It’ll please the sour buds of people while retaining a slight sweet flavor. it’s definitely not as sour as sour apple. It’s balanced. There is no strong pineapple flavor just a nice aftertaste.

I love it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
when it comes to Rip Its, you get what you pay for. they're drinkable, but definitely not straight up tasty.
Theres a wide variety of flavors, dollar stores here have like 3-4 flavors. Most suck but cheap, however the sugar free oranges I'd drink all day.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The formula is different than what our service men used to get over in the Middle East, according to some buddies. The formula over there was straight crack, and would easy keep you up for 24+ hours.