EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
One thing I know is they should not try to keep one upping their last server.
They don't necessarily have to "one-up" their last server, but they absolutely should be releasing servers that attempt to "mix it up" a little bit. TSS starts, freebox, free trade, etc. And not EVERYTHING added to a server, but just little things here and there to make it "different".

They also need to release a Mangler clone every cycle to appease all the "purist" idiots who love doing the Classic-PoP loop over and fucking over. Keep them off the "cool" servers and from screeching on the forums, trying to get the devs to ruin shit. Like the people on Mischief crying about "random" loot tables.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Really appreciate all the help in the thread from you guys, playing EQ at work has been tons of fun. Now to get flagged lol, willing to take any free hails for flags or clicks of items for free AA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I swore there was one that was within a later expansion they were leaving in.

Could be wrong tho
Nah they nerfed them all out of laziness. You can still do red wine, though. More expensive but at this point in the server it's pretty cheap. Half a krono worth of plat to get to 43.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Nah they nerfed them all out of laziness. You can still do red wine, though. More expensive but at this point in the server it's pretty cheap. Half a krono worth of plat to get to 43.

Hookers . . .

How many million clicks to get 43? Lol

Is that the one that Neriak and Freeport are better or have different exp per turn in?

Sterling

El Presidente
Neriak is much better than freeport, it's worth the cloudy pot if you need one to get it done

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Hookers . . .

How many million clicks to get 43? Lol

Is that the one that Neriak and Freeport are better or have different exp per turn in?
I would really suggest an auto clicker to buy the items. Turning in isn't fun but it's tolerable. And in terms of money spent it's way cheaper than what people are charging for PLs to 43.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I would really suggest an auto clicker to buy the items. Turning in isn't fun but it's tolerable. And in terms of money spent it's way cheaper than what people are charging for PLs to 43.
How much wine does it take to go from 1-43, and can you turn it in in batches?

Sterling

El Presidente
How much wine does it take to go from 1-43, and can you turn it in in batches?
you can turn in 4 stacks of 1000 at a time. not sure about to 43, but it was 1454924 wines after turning in the noob not to hit 40 during 50 percent bonus. that was 90205p 2g 8s 8c exactly. it would be 50 percent more than that outside of bonus and obviously levels are slower as you go up, but i suspect 43 would be less than 250k even outside of bonus. that's an awful lot of turn ins even if you autoclick purchasing.

Sterling

El Presidente
Thanks. Did you do Neriak or FP?
That's Neriak, which is far better than FP. If you're playing a good race, just bring a cloudy potion and the first turn ins will get you enough faction and you can buy wine and do turn ins without having to invis.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Appreciated. I am going to get my SK from 38-43 this way probably. Or I may dust 2nd acct off so I can box some and get a toon up to that level range.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think they should change MotM and raid caps for the next server. Maybe just keep Luclin era motm for classic and kunark and then ditch it come Velious. Cap raids at 24 or so. This is for DZes, maybe leave open world as is.

This would make acquiring raid loot faster than the phinny clones, since you're splitting it fewer ways. But the mechanism is substantially different from Mischief.

You might want to couple this with some sort of raid mob debuff in the post-MotM era and keep the lower raid cap.

I'd couple that with some sort of damage and MR buff to all non-raid zone mobs to make grouping a little spicier. Offset it with a solid XP bonus.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Forgot where I heard this but an interesting concept I heard for a new TLP would be have a server unlock up to PoR, since TSS group content would trivialize this idea, but have level caps increase at certain time intervals. Almost certainly would require tuning with recommended and required levels on gear. So long as it had FV loot rules, I think that'd be about the most interesting concept outside of mischief.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
No Barrier Server
  • Mangler ruleset
  • All key and flagging requirements to enter zones are removed

Anti Zerg Server
  • Mangler ruleset
  • All Open Word raid targets are removed
  • Raid bosses are only found in DZs
  • All DZs which were 72 max are now 54 max

• 1Picard

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I like combining a few of the previous ideas - OW still has MotM up to PoP, but DZes have MotM removed with a lower max raid count up to GoD, like 24 max.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Crazy to think how DBG comes up with gold like Mischief while you all come up with the absolute worst and dumbest ideas.

Complete 180 from how things used to be

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Crazy to think how DBG comes up with gold like Mischief while you all come up with the absolute worst and dumbest ideas.

Complete 180 from your things used to be
Lol pretty sure they are the ones posting on the TLP forums too