EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
ive done bard, druid, sk starts on TLP... going ench this time.

i know ench's power during classic-oow but man idk if i wanna charm in groups.

whats the best solo melee class that wouldnt have issues getting a group?
Monk

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if you're serious, but that agi is pretty much meaningless and re-starting over it is completely pointless

IIRC the 75 Agi does make a big difference at low levels cause it keeps you from slowing to a crawl when you get knocked down to critical health. So it isn't just the AC bump that makes it beneficial. This is IIRC however and it's something I haven't checked in ages, might not be like that anymore.

Forgot about Feet Like Cat, that would also solve the issue.

But yeah, for anyone wondering, it's worthwhile to make sure Agi is at least 75 on character creation.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
31 or 32 hours to 50 is an excellent time. Does anyone know how long it took for a group to hit 50 on Yelinak?

edit - damn, looking like more 28/29. That's blazing fast.
We finished up the last person in our group just a little bit ago. He was the guild researcher and frequently had to leave for half an hour here and there and was about 70% behind the rest of us.
Our first person hit 50 at 27 hours and 30 minutes. Then the rest of us finished between there and about 1.5 hours later due to lack of rezzes and some embarrassment with forgetting to refresh xp potions for over an hour.

With us being the front runners we didn’t see FTE a lot but the one time it really did was sharing sol A with Zaides group. They were able to hop us and us them with no repercussions. It was probably a net negative for us both as it basically just led to us splitting the mobs and the xp for far to long. Instead of one of us losing the majority of the dps races and eventually leaving as what would have happened before.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
IIRC the 75 Agi does make a big difference at low levels cause it keeps you from slowing to a crawl when you get knocked down to critical health. So it isn't just the AC bump that makes it beneficial. This is IIRC however and it's something I haven't checked in ages, might not be like that anymore.

Forgot about Feet Like Cat, that would also solve the issue.

But yeah, for anyone wondering, it's worthwhile to make sure Agi is at least 75 on character creation.

The question isn't if there's any theoretical benefit, it's if its worth deleting and restarting your character over. Not sure if people are spending days or weeks below level 5, but for most people after an hour they'll be past the point where it will ever make the slightest difference

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
We finished up the last person in our group just a little bit ago. He was the guild researcher and frequently had to leave for half an hour here and there and was about 70% behind the rest of us.
Our first person hit 50 at 27 hours and 30 minutes. Then the rest of us finished between there and about 1.5 hours later due to lack of rezzes and some embarrassment with forgetting to refresh xp potions for over an hour.

With us being the front runners we didn’t see FTE a lot but the one time it really did was sharing sol A with Zaides group. They were able to hop us and us them with no repercussions. It was probably a net negative for us both as it basically just led to us splitting the mobs and the xp for far to long. Instead of one of us losing the majority of the dps races and eventually leaving as what would have happened before.

Watched part of the stream, the two Allizewsaurs was cool ... congrats Cupcaek Cupcaek and team!

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Congratulations!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
New Freeport FUCKING SUCKS

first time GIF

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Cannot work out how to get to greater faydark. I been at the dock in tox forest and no boats come by. Saw spires, but do not think it works at classic?

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cannot work out how to get to greater faydark. I been at the dock in tox forest and no boats come by. Saw spires, but do not think it works at classic?

Not sure if trolling. If not, should be a Translocator NPC there - /hail them and follow the directions. You will need to go from Toxx to Qeynos - across the continent to Freeport to Ocean of tears to Butcherblock to Greater Fay. Probably a 1-2 hour run in total if you don't get insta killed by roaming NPC's along the way.

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
I guess was at the wrong dock, there was a red con amiable Erudite NPC that did not speak at all. I will have a look at a map online and see where that is.

Edit, yes that is the correct one, dock to Karnor's Ridge is only dock, no translocator there unless you mean I have to try and get through Erudin? Too dangerous for me at level 4...

Edit: nevermind, they glower at me so will try to get to Erudin docks

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I guess was at the wrong dock, there was a red con amiable Erudite NPC that did not speak at all. I will have a look at a map online and see where that is.

Edit, yes that is the correct one, dock to Karnor's Ridge is only dock, no translocator there unless you mean I have to try and get through Erudin? Too dangerous for me at level 4...
WTF is Karnor's Ridge?

1685076975363.png

There is 100% a dock in Erudin that leads to Erud's crossing where another translocator will take you to Qeynos.

Needless

Toe Sucker
all i know is zaide should have ninja'd those gebs i saw for the 10 minutes i tuned into today and sold them for 10 krono and went back to mischief

Needless

Toe Sucker
and im gonna sleep well and jerk off knowing i'll tflux krono farmers in rathe mountains this weekend with the exp boost once i go from 16 to 30

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1685081349467.png

Just to clear this up, one guild did defeat Mearatas in-era on TLP and that's OGC. Was there, best fight I've ever had in EQ. When we finally got it the execution was nearly flawless, outside of Robnie fucking up one emote so we got 2/3 achievements. On Phinny we only got two months with that expansion, so we were under-geared, plus under-geared from previous expansions for the same reason, so any mistake at all could torpedo us.

Faceless on Selo could have also gotten the W on that raid if they had more time, since they had even less time in-era than Phinny.

I think Burning Lands really needs to be a 3-month expansion on future TLPs. It's one of the best later expansions. Same goes for Underfoot. They're both sold really short by the current unlock schedule. Could take two months from the PoP/LDON era and give them to TBL and UF.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
all i know is zaide should have ninja'd those gebs i saw for the 10 minutes i tuned into today and sold them for 10 krono and went back to mischief
I think three of the dudes in the group are staying on Oakwynd long term so I passed all my stuff to them when we were done.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user