EQMac Shutting down

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fact is, half your guild hated the other half, half your guild hated the officers for letting Zam and Faite in, and you were going to implode under your own shitty drama sooner or later. Riptse reverse PP'ing precipitated the implosion. If you would have had any stability you'd still have been there after Hobart fixed perma pac (fix done just to allow your guild to progress btw), but the people ran away fast like fucking woah once the shit hit the fan.
That was some good drama when TR split into 2 competing raid guilds for a little bit there. I came back to the game and /laughed when we were racing against our own.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
They are waking sleeper tonight for the final hurrah. They are getting started right now.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
and exactly .01 seconds after the script ends:

SMEDLY broadcasts: Haha, suckers, you fell for it. Server stays up.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Can't help but feel a little schadenfre?e about EQMac shutting down after how that community treated PC players with what basically amounts to rampant racism and campaigned to have everyone who didn't own a Mac banned from the server. Maybe if they hadn't been disgusting douchebags, someone would have felt compelled to keep the server running. Mac fanatics are just awful.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Racism / Xenophobic is how I described the feeling to my guild with my personal experiences with these people. Jumping to that server with the best intentions and people were immediately saying "macs are the best, pc's suck" like some shit out of a Macintish hell 1990's nightmare.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Racism / Xenophobic is how I described the feeling to my guild with my personal experiences with these people. Jumping to that server with the best intentions and people were immediately saying "macs are the best, pc's suck" like some shit out of a Macintish hell 1990's nightmare.
Yup, I remember starting on that server with Nirron/Rusl and a couple others and just wanting to have a chilled relaxed time but all it was, was cries of "PC HACKS OMGZ". The mighty Lron even tried training us for a good while in Lguk because we were PC scum or some shit. There were a good chunk of players that helped with MGB/item giveaways though but it seemed the majority were just afraid of change and wanted to keep their server off the radar.

Krueger

Molten Core Raider
...but it seemed the majority were just afraid of change and wanted to keep their server off the radar.
To be fair, I think tonight's closure is exactly why they wanted to keep off the radar. Not that it excuses the behavior of some. The server barely scraped by before, I can see why wanting to be ignored and not noticed was preferable.

Rellapse_sl

shitlord
How was the sloppy 2nds at the Sleeper tonite?

rrr_img_49786.jpg

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
To be fair, I think tonight's closure is exactly why they wanted to keep off the radar. Not that it excuses the behavior of some. The server barely scraped by before, I can see why wanting to be ignored and not noticed was preferable.
It's more than just mac versus pc with Al'Kabor. I bought used powermac several years ago, before the pc client was available. While I wouldn't go so far as to claim open hostility, I certainly didn't get the "great atmosphere" that was projected on the surface. The pc versus mac issue may have exacerbated the issue, but to me the server has always had the "this is our sandbox and we don't really want anybody else here" mindset. Perhaps not everybody or even a majority, but enough people on Al'Kabor wanted to keep it as their own personal plaything to where it was noticeable.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Funny you see him awake there and the zone not crashed. Fail troll is fail
Yes because you didn't take the proper steps to crash the zone. Literal fail troll of waking the Sleeper is fail. I just wanted to let you know your greatest accomplishment in life meant nothing.