EQMac Shutting down

Nester

Vyemm Raider
RMTers have been waking the Sleeper for years and crashing/resetting the zone to farm SoDs. The girl you thought was a virgin actually had AIDs.
As one of the major Sleepers farms over the last 18 month, I do not think this is the truth.

Best part of Al'kabor, being one of the last to die to Quarm (Thanks 425 range)

Worst part - Having my guild mates quit on me (TSE) because we got trained for 3 raids in a row. I thought all the 3am Trak races vs TMO on p99 created some thicker skin. I was wrong then I was sad.

What was the best and worst part for you?

Sleep well dear Al'kabor, you where not my first, but certainly one of my favorites.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
did they shut it down yet? or did they still forget about the close date?

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
See, this is the one thing I don't see companies trying to monetize that would actually benefit both the company and the community. Why didn't NCSoft with City of Heroes or SOE with EQMac throw in with the community and say "it costs us $X much to keep this server going. If we can raise that or more from crowd-funding, sub fees, or selling candy bars, we will keep the old clunker up." The goodwill alone is worth the effort and as long as they were honest about the figure, the community could choose its own fate if it wanted to live or die. At least in the case of CoH, they were shutting the whole game down. This is just a special-ruleset server they are killing.

Zacx_sl

shitlord
As sad as I am to see last classic official EQ server go, I do find it ironic how it all played out, and that essentially Mac users ruined their own server by refusing to share.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Racism / Xenophobic is how I described the feeling to my guild with my personal experiences with these people. Jumping to that server with the best intentions and people were immediately saying "macs are the best, pc's suck" like some shit out of a Macintish hell 1990's nightmare.
Funny, I never got a single 'anti-PC' comment from anybody and I literally wrote the how-to installation guide. Perhaps the hatred didn't stem from what client you guys used but rather your so-called 'best of intentions' attitude.

Worst part - Having my guild mates quit on me (TSE) because we got trained for 3 raids in a row. I thought all the 3am Trak races vs TMO on p99 created some thicker skin. I was wrong then I was sad.
Wait, you guys were only trained three times? Malignant called that a Monday.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Funny, I never got a single 'anti-PC' comment from anybody and I literally wrote the how-to installation guide. Perhaps the hatred didn't stem from what client you guys used but rather your so-called 'best of intentions' attitude.
You must of never been in Alliance then, like once a day there was a PC hack debate.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I left myself logged in and had the log running. Looked like Hobart showed up, but there was no event or anything. Just kind of pulled the plug.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
2002user 1 of the worst trolls i have come across try harder..scrub lololol
Don't be angry because people made thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars off regularly doing what you thought was the most epic troll in the history of mankind, and highlight of your life.

How do you think people knew the Sleeper script was broken on Al`Kabor without actually waking it? L2 common sense much?

othree

Don't be angry because people made thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars off regularly doing what you thought was the most epic troll in the history of mankind, and highlight of your life.

How do you think people knew the Sleeper script was broken on Al`Kabor without actually waking it? L2 common sense much?
Can confirm what this guy is saying. It wasn't exactly a secret - it wasn't exactly public info.

2002User

Greetings and salutations, good sir! Forum member 'Rellapse' claimed that him waking The Sleeper was one of the greatest trolls of all time, and the highlight of his entire life. In fact, he was quite wrong! As you see, The Sleeper script on EQMac has been broken since the very beginning, causing Sleeper's Tomb to reset to a pre-awakened Sleeper state following a zone crash or reset. This bug has been abused by RMTers for much of the history of the Al`Kabor server. I was merely taking a jab at this Rellapse fellow for being wrong, as well as being quite an inept Player-vs-Player contestant on Project 1999: Red using the most trivial of classes to play, the Wizard.

othree

Greetings and salutations, good sir! Forum member 'Rellapse' claimed that him waking The Sleeper was one of the greatest trolls of all time, and the highlight of his entire life. In fact, he was quite wrong! As you see, The Sleeper script on EQMac has been broken since the very beginning, causing Sleeper's Tomb to reset to a pre-awakened Sleeper state following a zone crash or reset. This bug has been abused by RMTers for much of the history of the Al`Kabor server. I was merely taking a jab at this Rellapse fellow for being wrong, as well as being quite an inept Player-vs-Player contestant on Project 1999: Red using the most trivial of classes to play, the Wizard.
Oh. I understand all of that, as a former EQ Live guild member capitalized on Al`Kabor's broken Sleeper; I was confused because I thought you were implying I was Rellapse.