Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I mean, this video is great and all but SEQ is not going to let you warp or anything close. You'd have to be running a nice custom MQ2 compile to warp.

Mid isn't running MQ2. He is using instant gate potions. We've been using them to get HS keys, VP Key Mobs and do this kind of bull shittery since Kunark launched.

It's simple really. You bind somewhere in the zone, you charm the mob (Bard charm / Wand of Allure / Puppet Strings) then you click your Instant Click Gate pot to teleport back to your bind point, and kill the mob.

The fact that a_skeleton_02 thinks that we're using some hack or cheat is what we find absolutely hilarious.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Mid isn't running MQ2. He is using insant gate potions. We've been using them to get HS keys, VP Key Mobs and do this kind of bull shittery since Kunark launched.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I don't really think anyone outside of maybe chinese farmers are warping on Agnarr.

Opimo

KC XP is pretty bad. I'd stay away. Hole is pretty good. I did SolB at that range before Kunark came out.

baconlog

Molten Core Raider
Sup bros this is meat and if you American inventors really want the old school mq2 with mq2 warp that me and tyen and alloria used to party with roi back on combine then prepare your anus. I'm pulling the old school source back into my current build for some lulz so we can all act like we know what real eq winning is all about. I'll probably spend all day at work Pling 11 bards but I can Gary untee that redguides is literally tearing up right now in fear of another pub source. 100 % free and I will update every week for free until some fine ass austin dbg employee comes and jiggles my balls. Only for fires of winning members and Mexicans.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Wow hope all you scoundrels get banned so hard. Even though I don't raid, I hope you all receive your fair share of bannings..... time will tell...and you'll appreciate it for helping you enjoy EQ again on a non cheater scale. Just like when you were teens mystified by a Griffin killing you randomly in EC as you farmed beetles at lvl 6

Xevy

Log Wizard
Lawl. The epic wizard fuck in my screenshot from a few days ago uses it to.

Ohhhhh Trucidation. Sad.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Sup bros this is meat and if you American inventors really want the old school mq2 with mq2 warp that me and tyen and alloria used to party with roi back on combine then prepare your anus. I'm pulling the old school source back into my current build for some lulz so we can all act like we know what real eq winning is all about. I'll probably spend all day at work Pling 11 bards but I can Gary untee that redguides is literally tearing up right now in fear of another pub source. 100 % free and I will update every week for free until some fine ass austin dbg employee comes and jiggles my balls. Only for fires of winning members and Mexicans.

I cheated so much on combine. Sold hella plat too.

warp taunt was the best, just click an npc on the map and then bring it to the group with 1 button without moving.

Chain pulls were legit.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Mid isn't running MQ2. He is using instant gate potions. We've been using them to get HS keys, VP Key Mobs and do this kind of bull shittery since Kunark launched.

It's simple really. You bind somewhere in the zone, you charm the mob (Bard charm / Wand of Allure / Puppet Strings) then you click your Instant Click Gate pot to teleport back to your bind point, and kill the mob.

The fact that a_skeleton_02 thinks that we're using some hack or cheat is what we find absolutely hilarious.

We had a dude on vztz that played against us that would jump off any plane of sky island and succor before falling into nfp. shit was legit

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Everytime some expert opines here about MQ2 I always think, if they only knew the jesus christ of MQ2 was on Agnarr.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I cheated so much on combine. Sold hella plat too.

warp taunt was the best, just click an npc on the map and then bring it to the group with 1 button without moving.

Chain pulls were legit.

Yeah warp taunt is totally a thing on this server.

It's getting real hard to deny that there isnt a MQ compile out there and it's getting more and more prevalent.

Wynn

To me the Jesus Christ of MQ2 would be Lax since he basically started the project. I still remember back when people would share EQWindows like it was some sort of covert thing since it technically was against the EULA, and some of the same people involved in EQWindows made the very first version of MQ1. Lax rewrote it as MQ2 but then went on to run Lavish (isboxer) so I don't think he's been involved in MQ2 for years (probably makes way more money from isboxer.)

What's kind of weird is in the old days MQ2 was basically a "hacker" project, it was fully open source and in the old days it really was the Wild West. EQMule and his "Very Vanilla" compile has locked so much of the source down and put things in closed source plugins and modules that I'm not entirely sure it doesn't violate some of the copyleft provisions of the open source license MQ2 was released under. With the Red Guides compile being so insanely popular (like almost everyone was using that one on LJ/RF since it was 100% allowed and the easiest version to get running) I honestly didn't think many people were still actually compiling/working with the old mQ2 open source code and keeping it up to date.

Wynn

Yeah warp taunt is totally a thing on this server.

It's getting real hard to deny that there isnt a MQ compile out there and it's getting more and more prevalent.

I had been out of EQ for 2 years and as a long time MQ2 user I personally hadn't seen any obvious MQ2 usage on Agnarr, and that combined with EQMule saying on Redguides that he doesn't think anyone is running MQ2 lead me to falsely believe him. The reality is there are MQ2 users on Agnarr, but the big difference is scale. On RF/LJ you could grab the Redguides version, anyone with a brain can install and get that running in 10 minutes, and Daybreak/Sony 100% tolerated it. On Phinny/Agnarr that version won't work at all. MQ2 used to be a fully open source project but all the popular features from popular "Redguides exclusive" plugins basically would have to be reproduced if you were building your own version from the old open source code, not to mention you'd have to make various updates to the old open source code to get it to run without being caught. EQMule suggested he didn't think this was being done, but I think there has been a small number of people maintaining a "less public" source and sharing it in small numbers.

So there are definitely MQ2 people on Agnarr, it's just vastly less than it was in RF/Lj or live or older TLPs like Sleeper/Combine. But people charm gating or people taunting VS or VS aggroing someone in another room aren't people using the old MQ2 warp module. Just from this thread I'm pretty sure (and I won't get into specifics) Cupcaek uses MQ2 on Agnarr.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user