Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Vedette

<Donor>
Cliffnotes on time drama plz

Addictions dps raced Pitfall/Trucidation on Avatar of Earth and won. We waited patiently for them to do most of the work of killing the council, and raced. We didn't reset it, or train them. I honestly hope Saturday goes just as smooth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'll be interested to see what happens, the guild leader of our sister guild (Faceless Insanity on Lockjaw) actually stopped us from doing this very thing on Sunday when Truci was working on it--he says back when Lockjaw was in PoP (I guess 6ish months ago) they stole an Avatar of Earth from a guild that had done Rathe Council. Every person in the guild who was in zone for that was suspended, and based on their previous history (i.e. had they received a 14 day suspension before), some had accounts permabanned.

Daybreak is unpredictable but this guy simply would never lie to us about something like that and it was reason enough for us to decide to leave Rathe alone that day.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really wonder how that'll play out, too. It's crazy how one little bug turned an otherwise peaceful server into some fun once again.

Vedette

<Donor>
I'll be interested to see what happens, the guild leader of our sister guild (Faceless Insanity on Lockjaw) actually stopped us from doing this very thing on Sunday when Truci was working on it--he says back when Lockjaw was in PoP (I guess 6ish months ago) they stole an Avatar of Earth from a guild that had done Rathe Council. Every person in the guild who was in zone for that was suspended, and based on their previous history (i.e. had they received a 14 day suspension before), some had accounts permabanned.

Daybreak is unpredictable but this guy simply would never lie to us about something like that and it was reason enough for us to decide to leave Rathe alone that day.

I really wonder how that'll play out, too. It's crazy how one little bug turned an otherwise peaceful server into some fun once again.

We killed two council members. So it wasn't a straight steal on our parts. They are essentially petitioning for poor planning.

Vise

Molten Core Raider

I fail to see how dps racing Rathe council is different then any other mob or event in the game, Now if we did it just to block them from getting in when we already had flags. that is a little different.

It will require one of the aggrieved parties to submit a petition.

From what I heard they had every single person there send in a petition. Proof there is salt in tears.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I fail to see how dps racing Rathe council is different then any other mob or event in the game, Now if we did it just to block them from getting in when we already had flags. that is a little different.

From what I heard they had every single person there send in a petition. Proof there is salt in tears.

The reason this particular DPS race poses a risk to the parties involved is that someone may have killed a triggered spawn which they did not trigger. Your participation in the preceding event is largely irrelevant as well. The only thing that matters is who killed the final RC member to actually trigger the Avatar of Earth spawn.

Them sending in a mass of petitions (if that actually happened) actually decreases the likelihood they will receive a quality response. The best thing Truci could do if they want to PetitionQuest is drop one petition then start tweeting the details and petition number to various DBG personalities.

As always, submitting a petition is a crap shoot, it could result in a judgement that falls within the understood rules of play, it could result in nothing at all or it could result in something entirely disproportionate. Usually "nothing at all" is the safe bet.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
The reason this particular DPS race poses a risk to the parties involved is that someone may have killed a triggered spawn which they did not trigger. Your participation in the preceding event is largely irrelevant as well. The only thing that matters is who killed the final RC member to actually trigger the Avatar of Earth spawn.

Them sending in a mass of petitions (if that actually happened) actually decreases the likelihood they will receive a quality response. The best thing Truci could do if they want to PetitionQuest is drop one petition then start tweeting the details and petition number to various DBG personalities.

As always, submitting a petition is a crap shoot, it could result in a judgement that falls within the understood rules of play, it could result in nothing at all or it could result in something entirely disproportionate. Usually "nothing at all" is the safe bet.
This is not the only triggered event in the game. if i recall right someone just dps raced coirnav which is also a triggered mob.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

In all seriousness what is a list of DBG personalities and how can I contact them?

You can dm me if you like

Wynn

So as a disinterested third party, like Zaide said it's different because it's a triggered mob and there is precedent, we know from Phinny people ate suspensions for killing the little Shissars that spawn when you kill Emperor if they weren't part of the raid to kill Emperor himself. We know that people have eaten suspensions for killing Avatar of Earth if they weren't the guild to kill the Rathe Council.

If I had to guess they won't do anything in this circumstance. Why? Because they'll probably see all the petitions and just assume it was some messy shit show and they don't want to get involved. There's been a few things people from the last TLPs told me they got in trouble for that I've seen happen with impunity on Agnarr. I think a big factor is that there is no coherent set of rules on TLP and enforcement of those rules is entirely discretionary.

But I found the chance of getting the guild suspended to be high enough that for us it wasn't worth executing the same plan last Sunday, since we were already Time keyed.

In other news this means however that only two guilds have legitimately killed Rathe Council without outside assistance--Faceless Empire and Zurdula Inc. It'll be interesting to see how long it is before a third guild emerges.

Wynn

This is not the only triggered event in the game. if i recall right someone just dps raced coirnav which is also a triggered mob.

That was us and Zurdula and there was an agreement to do it before hand by both guild leaders; no one petitioned over it or got upset.