Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
We have 20,000 people on this server (half of them inconsiderate asshole mages) and Daybreak did nothing to change these quests to accommodate the population. Man, I can't wait until I get my Howling Stones key a week before Velious!

And congrats on the VP progress, Faceless Empire. That's both incredibly impressive and pathetic.

• 5Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
We have 20,000 people on this server (half of them inconsiderate asshole mages) and Daybreak did nothing to change these quests to accommodate the population. Man, I can't wait until I get my Howling Stones key a week before Velious!

And congrats on the VP progress, Faceless Empire. That's both incredibly impressive and pathetic.
This isn't anything new. It was like this on previous TLP, although they do on occasion change things. They significantly reduced spawn times on VP key mobs/groundspawns and made the groundspawns no-destroy. They moved the guts from undead bard to trak himself, which removes the biggest issue with Bard epic.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Every server ends up being a little different, old exploits are fixed, new ones are found. The biggest thing I miss is the old pickzone policy. Being able to throw one body in a zone to keep it open forever was invaluable.

Now that I see how many pickzones exist in Seb / Chardok it makes me wonder how we ever existed back on Fippy and Vulak. I mean we've literally got like 500 players in these zones between 20 pickzones but I don't remember tons of camp drama on those old servers. Was the population really that much lower back then?

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think so, I remember thinking Vulak was packed, but then I remember when Ragefire launched it was like by a huge margin the most people I'd ever seen in my life in zones like Nektulos and Lavastorm. When I moved to Lockjaw it was a little less crowded but the pop was still really, really high. I think it was like the first or second week of the RF/LJ era they introduced pickzones for dungeons (those servers initially only had pickzones for newbie/low level outdoor zones), and I do remember the dungeon camps being a nightmare very early on those servers.

Agnarr wasn't as insanely overcrowded as RF on launch, but part of that was it was doing a better job spawning pickzones (even if it does fail to leave them open at 1 person.) After the first week or so I think Agnarr's pop has been way higher than RF/LJ were, with what, 10+ guilds having cleared all classic raid content.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
On Sleeper during Kunark we had hotzone exp and hotzone loot drops Zones like the Overthere, Dreadlands, and City of Mist had bonus exp and out of era loot so people didn't have to cluster in Seb.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's hard to compare the populations because Agnarr still has AFK kick on. When they briefly removed it about 8 weeks ago we still had queues.

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Every server ends up being a little different, old exploits are fixed, new ones are found. The biggest thing I miss is the old pickzone policy. Being able to throw one body in a zone to keep it open forever was invaluable.

Now that I see how many pickzones exist in Seb / Chardok it makes me wonder how we ever existed back on Fippy and Vulak. I mean we've literally got like 500 players in these zones between 20 pickzones but I don't remember tons of camp drama on those old servers. Was the population really that much lower back then?

The new pickzone mechanics have their uses as well. Nice to be able to "joust" a zone to spawn multiple quest mobs. My recollection from Vulak is that not many people XPed in LGuk after 45, most went to OOT for Goblins since the Hole wasn't in game. Some did the bear cave, and some xp'ed in Hate. Vulak also had a much lower population than Agnarr with it being the overflow server for Ragefile.

I logged into Vulak last night to test something out, and there was a whopping 8 people online with a /who all.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Got some footage on daddy AEing, this is one man controlling 22 chars, you see him stunning on multiple enchanters at 2 minutes in, and then immediately inzane runs off to pull more. How can one man keep color stunning while he runs on a bard to pull another train? Highly unlikely its legit. At 3 minutes you see inzane (gold bard) come back with more mobs, so he was off pulling and was able to manually keep stunning on multiple enchanters..

Also got him training a few times, notice how he keeps looping back and forth over the pets so they aggro, he even tries to run into the room to drag mobs onto the mages, also if you look at the OOC chat hes claiming 4 camps? Cnap is him too. Harassment, training, monopolizing a zone, broadcasting, etc.
lIVkA9yyStq1_bSD8KXYMQ.png

He's already admitted its one person also:
9J4MIEF3R3mrga-zLr-1bg.png

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Got some footage on daddy AEing, this is one man controlling 22 chars, you see him stunning on multiple enchanters at 2 minutes in, and then immediately inzane runs off to pull more. How can one man keep color stunning while he runs on a bard to pull another train? Highly unlikely its legit. At 3 minutes you see inzane (gold bard) come back with more mobs, so he was off pulling and was able to manually keep stunning on multiple enchanters..

Also got him training a few times, notice how he keeps looping back and forth over the pets so they aggro, he even tries to run into the room to drag mobs onto the mages, also if you look at the OOC chat hes claiming 4 camps? Cnap is him too. Harassment, training, monopolizing a zone, broadcasting, etc.
lIVkA9yyStq1_bSD8KXYMQ.png
He streams half this stuff don't know why yiu felt the need to video it lol.
Nor do I feel like anyone cares

lost

<Bronze Donator>
He streams half this stuff don't know why yiu felt the need to video it lol.
Nor do I feel like anyone cares

So because he streams he must be legit. Reminds me of all those first person shooter streams that get caught aimbotting.

For the GMs, obv and I dont think most people here watch his stream, nor do I. I doubt he streams himself training me.

Last edited:

Wynn

Eh, you could do all of that legitimately. Zane has a crazy setup he's posted pictures of, with 22+ monitors and countless keyboards/mice etc. It's not easy but it's possible with smart use of in-game macros, well positioned keyboards and someone who is good at clicking/keypressing fast and accurately to do this. I agree 99% of the time you see something like this it isn't legit, but I think Zane is that 1%.

He'll probably get banned eventually by the "new sheriffs in town" at Daybreak, because they apparently go after people even if they follow all their boxing rules just for "monopolizing zone content" and etc., but at least under the actual stated rules he's not doing anything wrong.

Wynn

Also Mommy is actually a distinct individual from Zane, or at least is sometimes, I think.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well thats for the GM's to decide, but everytime I saw him on phinigel he always was one person logging in that many. I paid attention to that cause he would log in his toons with mine so we could pop a pick of sebilis, cause during phinigel luclin/pop seb didnt always have a pick, and he wouldnt AE base, only a pick. So we'd join forces to get to 40 or 50 people total in base to pop a pick. He'd always talk from the same toon, log in the same amount, maybe on agnarr he has to have help since he still sells PL on phinigel with the 20 or so toons there while doing it on agnarr.

But yeah dunno, video is pretty clear him training me. Whether or not his setup is legit or if he truly sells krono and PL's on redguides is up to the GM's.

And as I mentioned, he calls 3 camps (chef, necrosis/jail, disco) which short of crypt is the whole upper floor... rules of conduct (which are under play nice policy so i dont know if they care but we'll see)
3. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to:

o Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

o Deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players cannot get past.

o Making excessive and inappropriate use of public channels of communications (/shout, /ooc, etc.).

o Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (creating excessive corpses, abusing spell effects, etc.).

o Causing intentional experience loss to other players (deliberately impeding fleeing players by blocking their escape route, intentionally training NPCs on other players, etc.).

whether there are camps or not, pulling huge ae trains of the whole upper floor, killing people along the way is training and monopolizing. and as previous, he came into my pick I didnt go into his.

Last edited:

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Eh, you could do all of that legitimately. Zane has a crazy setup he's posted pictures of, with 22+ monitors and countless keyboards/mice etc. It's not easy but it's possible with smart use of in-game macros, well positioned keyboards and someone who is good at clicking/keypressing fast and accurately to do this. I agree 99% of the time you see something like this it isn't legit, but I think Zane is that 1%.

He'll probably get banned eventually by the "new sheriffs in town" at Daybreak, because they apparently go after people even if they follow all their boxing rules just for "monopolizing zone content" and etc., but at least under the actual stated rules he's not doing anything wrong.

It's not like DBG doesn't know what he's doing, he posts about it. So either they approve, don't care or somebody is getting a share of the profits to look the other way. Personally, I don't care. He can have his own instance of Seb as long as he stays there and doesn't pick around. It's not like there aren't 10+ more to choose from. If he's picking around, that's another story. Twenty two accounts doing four camps is no different than four groups of six each doing one camp.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
So because he streams he must be legit. Reminds me of all those first person shooter streams that get caught aimbotting.

For the GMs, obv and I dont think most people here watch his stream, nor do I. I doubt he streams himself training me.
Not saying he's legit just saying similar to attibishi or whatever gms and everyone know about him and just don't care.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Finally set up a batphone for the guild, even made a lame ass video showing how to set up text alerts, No 2 hours after it's all set up Open world VS spawns and 15 minutes from the tweet we have a corpse.

Feels good

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Great work

And one person controlling 4 camps is very different than 4 different groups doing it. thats why we have a true box server so one person cant control an army and camp large areas preventing players from doing so and in terms of rules of conduct: I'd call that monopolozing most or all kills in an area as the quote of rules of conduct states above.

3. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to:

o Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

Obviously up to a GM if he cares enough, shrug. I'm back to my own pick not giving a fuk until he comes back, I'll just record him everytime eventually the trains will get him. Suspensions now are 14 days not 7.

Last edited: