Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Guild finally got Trak. I think 90% of the challenge was pulling him. Dropped a bunch of teeth which then bugged out and never gave the people who won them the opportunity to loot them. RIP 3 out of 10 teeth.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
C'mon Lost get with the times. I'll explain how he does it real quick and also clear up some things about these big boxers who run 18+.

1. They don't play from multiple keyboards. I don't care what pictures these people have posted with their so called 20 computer set ups with 20 mice/keyboards, they don't use them. 100% of the pictures these 18+ boxers have posted, you can EASILY tell in the pictures they don't use 1 keyboard/mice per computer. Even maximillian's post is hilariously bad. These people don't even have the intelligence to dust off the keyboards/mice before putting them in the picture. You can zoom in and see the mice/keyboards haven't been touched in months. It's called the paid version of multiplicity. Drop $100 bucks for the highest version of multiplicity and it works flawless. Multiplicity is not against DBG rules and you can control up to 15 computers per 1 mouse/keyboard as if you were playing on one computer with 15 screens, at such incredible speed that it looks like MQ2. Multiplicity is what I used to control all 6 characters from one mouse/keyboard. It does have a broadcast ability to it but I never used it.

2. For the AE'ing. You can just get Autohotkey. I have an autohotkey called stunnage that I used in the deep. You hit one button and it starts casting every stun you have until you turn it off. Everyone ae'ing the deep used this. This is all he's doing with his enchanters. I'm not exactly sure if it's against the rules or not with DBG, but they never seemed to care about literally everyone using it on phinny to AE.

3. Another plausible explanation for how he can run so many, is that using VMware can be undetectable by DBG. VMware is one of the only ways mac users can run EQ. They allow this. They can tell when a person is running VMware on a mac or on a PC. How? Mac uses different names for their VMware. For example Parallels for Mac has Parallels in all its VMware tool names. There is a program you can download that will tell you 100% of what DBG scans your computer for the moment you hit the play button from server select (whch is the first point at which they scan your computer). The program will also tell you what your computer gets scanned for if a lead GM comes to investigate you. There's about 100-150 lines it scans for trying to find VMware, what's stopping you from going in and changing the names of all those files so when they scan for it, it brings up nothing or appears that you are just using a mac? I wouldn't suggest trying this out unless you know what you are doing.

So Lost, all I see from your video is that he's using multiplicity, or a program like it, using autohotkey to stun on his enchanters, and potentially might be using VMware to log in that many but who really cares. All 3 of those things will not get you in trouble by DBG.

Well this is what I'm saying, he's not doing it manually, you're not supposed to broadcast or use auto repeat keys (macros = autohotkey), so thats what the video is showing the GM's. Whether they want to enforce it is up to them. I wasn't aware of the name of the broadcast program but thanks. I figured he's using VMs, of course.

They ought to get you in trouble, sure use it for 6 boxing but 22? yeah. to me its like a speed limit, you dont always get pulled over for 5 or 10mph over, but you hit 15 or 20 and you're begging for the attention of law enforcement. Boxing 22 using these programs they've "said" arent to be used is asking for it, and bullying people/training is bringing that attention to you. I'm amazed my petition hasnt been answered, since what friday? or thursday? forgot when this happened.

They scan for ISboxer, you get disconnected using that on one client on these servers btw. And yeah I know the GM's scan ya when they visit thats why having a hacked MQ2 is risky for those who use it.

And yes ata I know he's not using MQ2, he plays on patch days, =p

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
And yes ata I know he's not using MQ2, he plays on patch days, =p

Well playing on patch days doesn't rule out someone from using MQ2. The guy I know that runs MQ2 plays on patch days. It only takes him about 1-2 hours to fix everything to where it's undetectable by DBG. Just wanted to point that out.

How have you never heard of multiplicity? I was actually surprised multiplicity was never brought up when everyone on these forums was trying to figure out ways to control multiple pc's from one computer. It's the best. It's literally just like playing on one computer with multiple screens. I highly recommend it for any boxer. I would never box without it.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
FWIW I would never have imagined multiplicity would be good for gaming. About 5 years ago I was doing a lot of contracting from home, I was running a laptop for work that was my primary dev machine, a small server that I had to use for builds and a few other things then my personal PC. I wanted an easy way to drive all three from the same keyboard/mouse (was relying on a hardware kvm before.) I actually have used StarDock software for years so went with Multiplicity and uninstalled it after a few weeks. It was way too laggy for desktop work activities let alone gaming. It also was basically in a state of abandonment by StarDock so I didn't have much hopes it'd be improved.

Maybe they ended up pumping more resources into it, dunno.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've always used a program called Synergy. It used to be perfect for gaming or whatever, driving desktops or laptops, mac or linux or windows. Later security stuff in windows started really screwing it up though, like if a UAC box pops up it makes you lose control. They tried to get around it via running as a service but if it ever went haywire it could become really difficult to regain control. I'm not even sure you can get it as a download anymore. I compile my own, and they seem to deliberately make it difficult so you will pay them.

For games there used to be a 'relative mouse moves' option you could use for mouselook but it hasn't worked for me in a long time. Trying to mouselook makes you spin wildly out of control, but you can at least move about with keyboards and cast and stuff. The main problem with EQ is it uses blocking calls for stuff like zoning, so it can prevent the mouse from reaching another machine while that is going on.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well playing on patch days doesn't rule out someone from using MQ2. The guy I know that runs MQ2 plays on patch days. It only takes him about 1-2 hours to fix everything to where it's undetectable by DBG. Just wanted to point that out.

How have you never heard of multiplicity? I was actually surprised multiplicity was never brought up when everyone on these forums was trying to figure out ways to control multiple pc's from one computer. It's the best. It's literally just like playing on one computer with multiple screens. I highly recommend it for any boxer. I would never box without it.

Well what he waits for the source to come out or he patches his own source? I mean I've seen daddy play immediately on server up.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Guild finally got Trak. I think 90% of the challenge was pulling him. Dropped a bunch of teeth which then bugged out and never gave the people who won them the opportunity to loot them. RIP 3 out of 10 teeth.

Grats bro, Trak is honestly pretty beast mode compared to most stuff ! Its pretty normal for people not to know how to split the lair. We only had one monk who had any idea how to pull in our entire Phinny guild and he had to put on a clinic for all the other pullers every expansion. Once you learn how to do it all once though you become a pro and can teach others =)

Wynn

Well what he waits for the source to come out or he patches his own source? I mean I've seen daddy play immediately on server up.

It seems unlikely he's using MQ2, I've never watched him in game but if he's just broadcasting, like has been said--there's no reason to use MQ2 for that. Getting your own compiled version that works on Agnarr/Phinny isn't something for even a normal "power user", you have to really understand how the open source parts of MQ2 work and then understand how to bypass the shit EQMule has put out to try and break/make sure you get caught with versions that work on Phinny/Agnarr. If all your boxing setup requires is broadcasting there's zero reason to go through that trouble.

For someone who is in the Kronolife (aka losers), the reason for using MQ2 is the ability to generate krono while playing unattended, which is far easier to optimize/do well with MQ2 than any other option out there. With MQ2 you can literally automate your healer(s), automate your puller and automate your tank/DPS. So you can be pulling half a zone and killing shit while at work. If you're actually sitting at the machine driving, MQ2 has some nice quality of life stuff like /stick, MQ2Nav, automation of healer chars in group, ShowEQ style map built into the game, far target etc etc but none of that is "required" to run a big box crew if you're actually there driving.

The thing is, it doesn't matter if you've managed to create a build of MQ2 that's undetectable to Daybreak on Phinny/Agnarr, if you tried some of the more aggressive automation that I see on live (MQ2 crews that literally pull entire low-traffic zones to farm shit) you'd be petition/guidehelp reported constantly and a GM could easily detect just from observation that you were doing something they're going to want to ban you for; on a server like Phinny/Agnarr where I think the attention level on your activities is way higher you'd be more automating a small physical camp that offers good rewards, or doing something like Quillmane--which is a good example of a good camp to use MQ2 on without being immediately caught since it only requires one character it's less "visible" than an automated group pulling half of Seb; BAMs in Classic would also be a good use case but due to the small distances involved you could automate-farm BAMs just using AutoHotKey and built in /tar and pet attack macro spam.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya I don't think he's using it, I was verifying what Ata was saying about one of his friends, cause far as I know in order to update the source you need op codes and seems like only eqmule has those.. heard people have to donate up to a total of $250 every patch for eqmule to update it.

Thanks for the explanation, wish I was cool enough to farm kronos!

Last edited:

Wynn

You can bypass EQMule, the "core" of MQ2 is open source still, and there are ways to work around the closed source bits that contain the stuff EQMule has put in place that make it hard to run it on Phinny/Agnarr. If your copy doesn't periodically say "Your integrity has been preserved", then his special module that he forces you to have isn't running and in theory you're "exposed" openly to Daybreak if you're running it on Agnarr or Phinny.

The reality is like everything in software, you can build good doors and walls but people can usually find ways around them. EQMule has been aggressive in breaking known work arounds but that's basically an arms race. The few dudes out there that have a combination of knowledge/desire/motivation to keep making versions that work on Agnarr/Phinny generally have no incentive to share it with anyone else because that a) alerts EQMule to its existence, b) helps their competition (most of these people are krono farmers), and these two things just make more work for them. Once EQMule is aware of a build that works on Phinny/Agnarr he's historically found a way to get a copy of it and figure out what they've done, then break it. Then that person has to find another bypass again.

So the net effect is MQ2 is actually very uncommon on the true-box servers the basic Vanilla compile that EQMule distributes through Redguides ran unfettered on Lockjaw and Ragefire, and it felt like everyone who knew anything was running it on those servers. At one point I was pretty sure there was no MQ2 at all on Agnarr after EQMule said as much (he busted a version that was running on Phinny), but I've seen enough evidence now to know it exists in very small numbers on Agnarr. It wouldn't shock me if some long term, hardcore krono farmer has actually got his own fully functioning "forked" version of MQ2 with custom plugins for his purposes. That would have meant he basically took the fully open source version (back before closed source modules were bolted on to try and get control of it) and has built out/maintained his own fully alternate MQ2 probably over a few years time. That would mean he'd be almost immune to anything EQMule tried to do, but he'd also not be able to piggyback on anything he does either (so he'd have to do his own patches every patch day and etc), if you just have a way to work around the integrity checks EQMule put in you can piggyback on his maintenance of the core source which is less work but probably less reliable too.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yep those people with MQ2 that doesnt say integrity has been preserved, better do their best to not be visited by a GM and scanned lulz.

MQ2 has been on phinigel and agnarr since day 1. But honestly who cares anymore, people run around with these other broadcasting programs its not much different to the average non coder boxer plus mySEQ.

Most of people with mq2 dont ever get beyond kissassist or realize the true power of eqbc.

Plus now you got the guy advertising his own EQbot on redguides lulz
Agnarr - EQBoT v1.0 Beta - Bot for Agnarr & Phinigel

Last edited:

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ya I don't think he's using it, I was verifying what Ata was saying about one of his friends, cause far as I know in order to update the source you need op codes and seems like only eqmule has those.. heard people have to donate up to a total of $250 every patch for eqmule to update it.

Thanks for the explanation, wish I was cool enough to farm kronos!

He does the coding himself. From what he told me, he makes it to where it's undetectable unlike the version that EQmule puts out even on live.

I think the key difference between himself and krono farmers is that he does not use it to krono farm items or plvl. He uses MQ2 in his own instances. He runs his own raid crew and does raiding on his own, doesn't sell anything for krono or RMT that I know of. That way he draws no attention to himself. The other crew of MQ2'ers that I knew about on phinny also only did it in instances (at least until PoP, where they started using it in open world raid zones from prior expansions). They ran their own raid crew on the side to raid gear toons out and sell them on RG. A lot of toons that were sold on RG during phinny's time were sold from these guys. It consisted of Thellonious (who I think is the GL of entendre) and a few other higher up officers in entendre. Not surprising they were also the first ones to find the defiant exploit and used it as early as velious. Thellonious and other entendre officers were even selling the information for krono or $ during Luclin. After a few of us found out that they were selling the information, we confronted them about it and they got scared thinking they were going to get banned and posted the information on DB forums an hour later in an attempt to cover themselves.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Okay who has prods for sale? Let me know.

I also need the 6 skulls for shaman cudgel #3 that drop in Kurns Tower.

a_skeleton_03

Set up a autohotkey spamming pet attack on the named that drops the skulls. Sit in the hallway with stairs coming down on one side and going up on the other.

Let er rip

All skulls in no time flat

<3

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user