Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
yesterday i ragequited.

So im boxing clr60 mag 44 in COM. I join with an Enc Laust and Clarg a sham, cool peeps, we go to temple and proceed to own shit. Cleric always oog healing. We get a Ranger (zevious) mage (Chorniux) and Nec. and the ranger stars pulling a lot. more than we can handle. At one point the charmed mist golem hasted and with mage weapons breaks, and rapes everyone.

So we recoup go to CY in COM, the south wall. ranger pulls away way to many and wipe us #2. we recoup, and then enc and sham leave, At this point we replace them with another nec and SK.
While still buffing the ranger pulls 3 mobs and wipes us again, half the people afk. #3

Ok so we recoup, then the ranger pulls lord Ghiosk, and instead of taking a death, tries to zone it, then on the path back, it agroes the pets and rapes us. #4

So we recoup, swap the SK for another SK. Then the ranger once again pulls 5 mobs, and wipes us. and he says he though we had CC for it. #5

At this point I rezzed everyone but him, put him on ignore, left him dead, and logged off.

What an incompetent puller. I'm sure he was doing it on purpose.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Sad to hear some nerds are paying for it. We spawn swamp picks daily and VP loot is trash.

I bought one for 2krono because I can make 2 krono in the time it takes for that fucking thing to spawn. I don't even know if my guild will do VP in era we have like ...10 keys.

@Zaide lemme know the next time you do Vp i want to tag along.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Welcome to COM, lulz. Woulda fired him after the second time, stop pulling or get kicked, let the SK fd pull.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
My assumption is that puller was not trolling you and is just representative of the typical everquest TLP Ranger.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
My assumption is that puller was not trolling you and is just representative of the typical everquest TLP Ranger.
At this point i dont know. I lost 5% of Xp on the cleric, that is how many times the cleric died.

Fuck, im gonna have to go to Juggs and drown my sorrows in 1kpp from the spell drops.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I would guess no. Next to Enchanters, Rangers are the second most incompetent class as a whole on Agnarr.

I'm sorry, you confuse incompetent with challenging. Enchanters are hard to play, the hardest class honestly, if you're keeping a charmed pet. So there are plenty of bad ones because it actually means you have to pay attention while relying on other people to save your ass occasionally. Rangers just suck as a class. For now. The TRUE incompetent class are Monks. Monks are like top DPS right now and everyone wants to have one for that reason. Therefor they just focus on their sweet dmg numbers and never learn shit like proper pulling and FD. So every PUG monk, and a few guild ones, would just bring every mob they saw and hope the Enchanter could deal with it. That's incompetence.

Then again I'm an SK and I didn't use FD pulling until I Chardok at 55+, but SK FD is ass.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Please post or PM your best quillmane guide

Need for mage epic. Have 60 druid and other boxes parked at known spawn locations.

Anyone have locs I can add to my map file for known spawns?

Even as druid I feel like I've never been able to stay on the pH cycle. Here, or in the past on phiny...Anyone confirm/deny an elephant calf is part of cycle? Conflicting info on calf.

Please anyone

lost

<Bronze Donator>
mySEQ prob best for quillmane, learn how to use timers in it and track repops. I mean I'm no pro but there was a guide from p99 that said the PH was like a 30 second repop instead of 60s like the rest of the mobs, so essentially rape everything then watch the map with a clock or set up the myseq to count for u.

i remember calf being a possible ph, just like the wolves and shit. some people would just ae a bunch then count to 30, if nothing popped then round up more

obviously if u see other people then park one char next to them if its a usual spot. i've noticed theres two paths for quillmane, one on the east side of map and one on the west, so can be two roamers. but the east one usually paths by splitpaw spires.

i remember on phinigel seeing 2 quillmane up at same time, was nuts

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm sorry, you confuse incompetent with challenging.

No, I do not.

There is nothing challenging about tashing mobs, and keeping basic buffs up without having to ask every single time they drop. 90% of the enchanters on the server fail to do this. This occurs even when the enchanter doesn't have a charmed pet because said enchanter says it's too hard to mez and pet at Juggs.

This doesn't even include ones who are afraid to sit because they have a pet and are constantly out of mana, or who have full mana and won't even bother to slow (with no shaman in group) or debuff mobs.

I'm sorry you think that keeping keeping a pet under control and doing ANYTHING else is a challenge. It's not.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Awesome thanks lost

Here is what I've been doing so far:

Put one box up north center of map, put one box south center of map. Ungrouped. This way when my druid stands in center of zone, I can just barely track each box.

Once I get on ph, I relog both boxes so they're each at top of track list. So if pH spawns out of druid range, it will still be above my boxes on track when I run far north/south.

Hope this grants success soon.

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Please post or PM your best quillmane guide

Need for mage epic. Have 60 druid and other boxes parked at known spawn locations.

Anyone have locs I can add to my map file for known spawns?

Even as druid I feel like I've never been able to stay on the pH cycle. Here, or in the past on phiny...Anyone confirm/deny an elephant calf is part of cycle? Conflicting info on calf.

Please anyone

Talk to Midcity in-game. He knows the cycle. He isn't farming it anymore, so I can't imagine he'd have an issue with telling you.

Xevy

Log Wizard
No, I do not.

There is nothing challenging about tashing mobs, and keeping basic buffs up without having to ask every single time they drop. 90% of the enchanters on the server fail to do this. This occurs even when the enchanter doesn't have a charmed pet because said enchanter says it's too hard to mez and pet at Juggs.

This doesn't even include ones who are afraid to sit because they have a pet and are constantly out of mana, or who have full mana and won't even bother to slow (with no shaman in group) or debuff mobs.

I'm sorry you think that keeping keeping a pet under control and doing ANYTHING else is a challenge. It's not.

What class are you?