Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Louis

Trakanon Raider
At this point, I feel like they spend more time chasing people with this shit than actual CS and Dev work. I'm sure all of these departments are completely independent, but the company as a whole has their priorities all out of wack.

Needless

Toe Sucker
gonna try and get my cleric to 50+ over the next few days and then finish my ranger.

cleric is just 100x easier to find a group lol, rangers at a lvl range where i cant find a decent spot (42ish) which sucks

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i dont think they chase anyone, its all algorithms then when people petition they just say banned have a good day lol fuckin remdag

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
diff ips or changing account info i think

Well from my experience, changing account info equals a near guaranteed ban.

I also log in to my many accounts from all over Texas when visiting family often. Never been told I must set it up on any accounts.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah odd. ive had one or two accounts ive changed ips on for a week straight and ended up with 2fa. dunno

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Weird...

Just trying to figure out what is causing the flags and hopefully avoid it. Really sucks to be in fear of losing accounts when the wind changes direction.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
"I have reviewed the details in the ticket, as well as the details that caused the account to be banned. I have come to the determination at this time that we can give this account a chance. Please be cautious on the computers you play on as account security and the actions of the account are your responsibility. We do not support the use of VPN's Proxies or the excuse that you are on a friends computer or using a computer lab.

The account is now open you can log into it."

When I asked for more details about how I even got flagged....

"Sometimes with new updates our tools detect the smallest infraction and we have to dial it down to be correct. Its usually only a couple of account that get caught and only half of those accounts can we release. The VPN and internet use is usually the culprit but I have cleared your account so it should not have any issues unless you use a computer you are not familiar with ( as in a computer library) you never know what others have downloaded to those computers. We just don't allow those things to be excuses it not that we found your computer doing those things. Let me tell you that excuse is in the top 5 of why people are getting caught and its never the reason.

Your account should not have any issue going forward unless its a real issue. :)"

So, I'm not sure about the statement someone made about you're screwed if you get banned because their response will just be, too bad. The ticket sure did work out for me!

This was one account, with 5 krono on it. The account doesn't afk farm, it has only been under my control. I did move and switch internet providers, but there is nothing that was done on just that account, so I have no idea why ONLY that account was flagged, and not every other account I have.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
They are hyper-vigilant on banning accounts now. Nearly any change in accounts triggers a ban. Buying/selling accounts is pretty much dead now. I had some guy message me the other day that I sold an account back in kunark, he just got banned for "account hijacking" or some shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Shit like this makes me worry when I play my brother's character for like an hour getting him some rotting no drop stuff that he'll try to log in later and be banned. Ridiculous. Obviously this banning shit is just a money grab which is insane considering they have to be making more money on this 18 year old game than any other title currently. I mean 3-5 dollars PER skin in their shop? Fuck that. 90 Dollars for that Burynai illusion pre-order? Fuck that. It's a cool illusion but fuck off DBG.

Arentak

Trakanon Raider
I have 2 accounts I use krono to pay for about 2/3rds of the time, and 1/3rd of the time I pay for a month. I travel two or three times a year for work, and play from hotels. I 2box on Agnarr. I've never been asked to do 2F authentication. My accounts are all over a decade old.

For the guy with the 42 ranger who can't get a group, see if you can "tag along" with a faction group in Kael. They'd probably be glad to have a 6th who isn't rolling on loot, even if your DPS contribution is almost nothing, and you can work up all those miscellaneous weapon skills that got low as you levelled.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It blows my mind that a company will take into account which computer you log in from on whether your account should get banned.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I havent had any issues since after the early classic-agnarr ban waves. what I'd recommend is finding a reliable VPN and starting your account that way, then if you travel you're always under that VPN's IP.

I've swapped many computers around when I go to my gf's I use hers, I got a new surface laptop as well and no problems long as I activate the VPN before logging in. I haven't changed my PWs and everything is blank. I did have 2fa randomly added after velious opened but other than that its all good.

I dont account sell or buy either. I have a mac spoofer but I havent reliably used that after the bans calmed down early agnarr and had no issues.

After that just keep your pw and email and country of origin (payment origin too) the same. some people have said they've left account info blank then changed it after month or two and got flagged, cause well people sell blank accounts then the buyers change them so it makes sense. be consistent.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
I have 2 accounts I use krono to pay for about 2/3rds of the time, and 1/3rd of the time I pay for a month. I travel two or three times a year for work, and play from hotels. I 2box on Agnarr. I've never been asked to do 2F authentication. My accounts are all over a decade old.

For the guy with the 42 ranger who can't get a group, see if you can "tag along" with a faction group in Kael. They'd probably be glad to have a 6th who isn't rolling on loot, even if your DPS contribution is almost nothing, and you can work up all those miscellaneous weapon skills that got low as you levelled.

I'll giver a shot, but i haven't really tried leveling him at all since the exp boost. I'm just leveling my cleric on my 2nd account to try and get em to 50ish then i'll go back to my ranger lol

I might just get my cleric to 50 then go back and do the same with my 34 enchanter... Clr/Ench is 2 good~

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Can you get that on a progression server?

Yup! you can get disgusting luclin style armor skins and you can get 24 hour teleport items that take you to random places like Qeynos or HHP. and you can get mounts you cant use until the server will be dead.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yup! you can get disgusting luclin style armor skins and you can get 24 hour teleport items that take you to random places like Qeynos or HHP. and you can get mounts you cant use until the server will be dead.

Does the progression server at least offer the dignity of using the old school models and textures?

Or is it all just this faggotry

bg3afd.jpg

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user