Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Dude a_skeleton_02, your SK are bad. Sazzabi, Abyss, Cukernaut, or me all make the top 10 on any fight we start with full mana.
Foam what's your mana pool like? I'm at like 2100 and cuz ogre problems and I don't want to stack int gear for dps like a pretend wizard. All our De/iksar/erus are like 4k+. Need these Luclin loots to cap my goddamn int.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wow bro you need to min max more.

If this wasn't an 18 year old game and I wasn't one of six 90%+ attendance SKs who will almost always behind one of our 6-12 (not boxed) monks in DPS. Maybe. But til then fuck that. I'm geared for group tanking and content so I can box my shaman and have no problem solo healing myself. I actually do pretty decent on parses (among SK's) considering I was using a 1hander vs about 4-5 Tunare 2handers. But now I have my Palladius so I'll have no excuse.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Palladius represent~

I'm 3500 raid buffed. Our other SKs are like 4k. I focused more on tanking and didn't drop points into int at creation since this was my first SK and I'm an idiot.

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
If this wasn't an 18 year old game and I wasn't one of six 90%+ attendance SKs who will almost always behind one of our 6-12 (not boxed) monks in DPS. Maybe. But til then fuck that. I'm geared for group tanking and content so I can box my shaman and have no problem solo healing myself. I actually do pretty decent on parses (among SK's) considering I was using a 1hander vs about 4-5 Tunare 2handers. But now I have my Palladius so I'll have no excuse.

I've never played a melee character, but I'm willing to bet that FE SKs are more likely to be DPS obsessed than SKS in other guilds. This is because a larger portion a FE SKs playtime is spent raiding.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
boys, boys.. you rolled a shadow knight, not some kind of fairy shadow wizard

int is for the weak!

I've seen several of our SK's parse very well. SK's can do some seriously impressive damage while their discs are up, and I'd be willing to bet that since our overall guild DPS is higher than yours, SKs in FE have more of a chance to shine as our kills are done in less time. Sure, they won't ever get #1 on something like Dain or Vulak'Aerr, but I've seen them beat plenty of conventional DPS classes.

Poruii

Trakanon Raider
Sks need an hour and a half between fights to make parses with their disc. After that, you hope the target isn't tap resistant.
Also, like someone mentioned, they're only making parses on shorter fights where FEs gear comes in with overall shorter kills. Good luck in VT

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
a_skeleton_02 make sure your dps are in Bard groups, make sure those bards run horns. Make sure they have VoG and Predator and Ancient Avatar, then make sure the monks click their epics at 1s every time (if you spam it you get fucked). That's the recipe pretty much.

90% of the time when I see people lower than they should be on the parse it's because they aren't getting a proper buff lineup.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Palladius represent~

I'm 3500 raid buffed. Our other SKs are like 4k. I focused more on tanking and didn't drop points into int at creation since this was my first SK and I'm an idiot.

Man I had to save up for the Palladius and it dropped our 5th or 6th Vulak so I wasted a lot of potential loot I could've bought. I think fully buffed (I never ask for Int buff from Encs though) I am around 3k mana. It's fine though because in the long run all the +attack I've been stacking is going to help cover the difference in long fights or tap resistant fights. Now that I got my axe I can pick up ID3, because I'm bad, and maybe mana cons 3. Probably not going for Haste 3 because I can't trade a cape slot as I will have Cloak of the Firestorm soon.

I went tanky too because I enjoy 1-2 group content more than hardcore spamming mod rods and pots and shit on raid targets. I'd rather fuck around and own shit as a boss tank and group DPS than just be a fake wizard.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sks need an hour and a half between fights to make parses with their disc. After that, you hope the target isn't tap resistant.
Also, like someone mentioned, they're only making parses on shorter fights where FEs gear comes in with overall shorter kills. Good luck in VT

Unholy (the only DPS disc worth mentioning) is on a 36min cooldown which starts the moment you hit it. It lasts for 5 minutes, so actual downtime is only 31minutes. Not that much longer than most DPS discs. In reality as SK gear improves with larger mana pools and Flowing Thought SK DPS actually improves. I full expect VT to continue with our SKs placing between the 5th and 15th spot.

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Valid point. We're not raiding with 72 non boxes. But our top DPS in the last AoW fight parsed at 92 DPS, which was a monk (without Vulak/FoN)

A plain DPS number for one character is meaningless for comparison purposes between raids/guilds as it is totally dependent on the other members of your raid. The faster the kill, the higher your individual dps will be. In a five minute kill with two 30 second discs (as examples) your discipline time will be 20% of your total damage. Double the fight to ten minutes and your percentage of damage during discs drops in half to 10%.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Just be thankful you got the clerics Tiggle or you'd be killing like this

That took us like 70 minutes the first time we killed AoW I think. I had to take a shit about halfway through but I don't think anyone noticed I was gone for 10 minutes.

• 1Worf

Cwalk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
A plain DPS number for one character is meaningless for comparison purposes between raids/guilds as it is totally dependent on the other members of your raid. The faster the kill, the higher your individual dps will be. In a five minute kill with two 30 second discs (as examples) your discipline time will be 20% of your total damage. Double the fight to ten minutes and your percentage of damage during discs drops in half to 10%.

Well, be that true as it may - he stated he's fielding 72 non-boxers for his AOW kills, and the parse listed has the combat duration significantly shorter than our own. Which means our fights are longer.