Everquest Confessions

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
I was thinking of all the trains I created during my time in EQ, which zones were your favorite to train in?

Mine:

Velketor's Labyrinth - starting with the dogs
EC - charmed/buffed/equipped hill giants to the tunnel
Karnor's (favorite) - Starting at Venril and bringing the hand clan to the zone in

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I was thinking of all the trains I created during my time in EQ, which zones were your favorite to train in?

Mine:

Karnor's (favorite) - Starting at Venril and bringing the hand clan to the zone in
Lguk will always be in my top as a monk. I spent days camping raster and a guildie would send me a tell like “______ is trying to take frenzy from us”

“ok brt”

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My most hated place to be trained was in Chardok, at least in velks you could jump and run.

• 1Like

SeanDoe1z1

Mine:

I remember being young and showing off how fun eq could be griefing, would pull oasis specters and invis myself and massacre the zone.

simplistic times

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Weird Boner

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah going to the oasis for the first time and slowly killing crocs solo till I found a group. I would always stay on the nro side of the docks. I leaned real fast you see more then 1 person running to zone line you followed right behind

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah going to the oasis for the first time and slowly killing crocs solo till I found a group. I would always stay on the nro side of the docks. I leaned real fast you see more then 1 person running to zone line you followed right behind
Or to just be suspicious of your puller at all times. :trump::wompwomp:

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Face towards NRO Numlock auto run unplug my internet.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Go go good team.
Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

He or one of the FoH trained me. I asked them why. The short answer was Server imbalance.

I rolled up a Human named Barf the Mage in qeynos day 2 of server launch. Heard our safe zones were in Halas. Life was rough but we did shit Vietcong style to evil and newtz.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Rais

Trakanon Raider
The best classic trains were from Mistmoore. Let one of those damn things roam down the cavern and into the castle and you had an easy 60npc train. The clipping in that zone made it bad too and you wouldn’t see that train until it’s too late.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I loved to pull huge trains in the popular Kunark outdoor zones. /shout "Train to zone". Someone would /shout "which one?" Reply /shout "all of them".

Also fun to always lead a train out of a dungeon from the wrong side of the entrance/exit with no warning. I'd just reply to angry tells with "Que?"

Much grumbling from zone campers...

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Mine:

I see your Sand Giant EC tunnel train and raise you with a Beastlord Charmed ..level raised to 46th with a breathe weapon and Enchanter/Druid/Bst buffed Puma in Oasis. Good times, until they changed how the Beastlord summoned the pet.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I see your Sand Giant EC tunnel train and raise you with a Beastlord Charmed ..level raised to 46th with a breathe weapon and Enchanter/Druid/Bst buffed Puma in Oasis. Good times, until they changed how the Beastlord summoned the pet.

Never seen that before, what kind of terror does it spread? Ive done Spectres in Oasis but never tried those lol.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I was guilty of the occasional druid charm shenanigans in newbie zones, charm an animal, give it a skin, sow, haste and damage shield and it would be a deadly noob killing machine.

Couldn't attack it because of the DS, couldn't outrun it because it had sow etc. Had too many hitpoints to nuke down unless it was a higher level or super twinked caster, and with 90% (according to alla) haste it chewed up newbies extra quick.

One time I was passing through Nek forest on a 65 Druid when some random starts calling me out in ooc, about how I was going to get what's coming to me along with the rest of my guild etc. Track the guy down and he's like lvl 5 and boxing a few other level 5's. I find the nearest young kodiak, buff it up with the lot, roll up next to him then port out.

Two minutes later I get a discord msg from an officer in my guild "you just wiped my group lmao".

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was guilty of the occasional druid charm shenanigans in newbie zones, charm an animal, give it a skin, sow, haste and damage shield and it would be a deadly noob killing machine.

Couldn't attack it because of the DS, couldn't outrun it because it had sow etc. Had too many hitpoints to nuke down unless it was a higher level or super twinked caster, and with 90% (according to alla) haste it chewed up newbies extra quick.

Could that be done to the gryphons and werewolves in EC/WC?

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Trains from the basement in unrest could get pretty nice too

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never seen that before, what kind of terror does it spread? Ive done Spectres in Oasis but never tried those lol.
So, the bug that existed related to how Beastlords were first released. Initially you summoned a pet and then used a skill button to level the pet to the appropriate level. This worked fine. What was not considered was that there were items that held charges of charm. One was a charm animal that was easy to get. The other was not so easy as the puppet strings dropped in the planes. All you did was charm an 11th leveled Puma in Oasis, and then press that skill button. You now have a 46th leveled Puma that you could attach the breathe ability to along with other buffs. I then just zoned. I waited a minute and then zoned back into Oasis. I watched the OOC chat as players started complaining about this super powered Puma that was slaughtering everyone. A 47th Ranger came to help and proceeded to die. At this point everyone thought this was a GM Event and suddenly many players were coming and dying until the upper 40's 50's arrived and killed it. I laughed so hard at the part where everyone asked what it dropped.

"What the Fuck?, All it dropped was a ruined pelt and a piece of meat".

Needless to say I repeated this a few times for the sheer enjoyment of the chaos. I then reported it to a GM as it was obvious this was not meant to be how it worked. I got to show a couple of GM's the bug. They had a good laugh and Beastlords were changed a week later.

My one and only contribution to an actual system change.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
So, the bug that existed related to how Beastlords were first released. Initially you summoned a pet and then used a skill button to level the pet to the appropriate level. This worked fine. What was not considered was that there were items that held charges of charm. One was a charm animal that was easy to get. The other was not so easy as the puppet strings dropped in the planes. All you did was charm an 11th leveled Puma in Oasis, and then press that skill button. You now have a 46th leveled Puma that you could attach the breathe ability to along with other buffs. I then just zoned. I waited a minute and then zoned back into Oasis. I watched the OOC chat as players started complaining about this super powered Puma that was slaughtering everyone. A 47th Ranger came to help and proceeded to die. At this point everyone thought this was a GM Event and suddenly many players were coming and dying until the upper 40's 50's arrived and killed it. I laughed so hard at the part where everyone asked what it dropped.

"What the Fuck?, All it dropped was a ruined pelt and a piece of meat".

Needless to say I repeated this a few times for the sheer enjoyment of the chaos. I then reported it to a GM as it was obvious this was not meant to be how it worked. I got to show a couple of GM's the bug. They had a good laugh and Beastlords were changed a week later.

My one and only contribution to an actual system change.

That's so great lol I don't think I would have reported it.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A 47th Ranger came to help and proceeded to die.

LOL

There is nothing and I mean nothing more hilarous in pve or pvp when Little Timmy’s calls his brother Billy to come help him and he proceeds to also die.

nothing.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity