Everquest Mysteries

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm more triggered by his keyboard turning than his strange pronunciations.
lol, i cant make fun of anyone, when we did Velius raids i was still using the same PC since the game went live and i had to keep my pov pointed at the ground or else the hamster in my machine would have a heart attack. i spent most raids looking at my shoes. though i never turned with the keyboard, thats just stupid.

Naxi Qayreon

Trakanon Raider
NFP is the best trade zone. It had a thriving community of duelers and evils in the sewers, people at jade inn, bank ,etc. While selling, you could bank, kill guards for exp/money, tradeskill, work on swimming, etc. Evils could bank through with invis. Low level scum hardly ever asked for PL buffs like DS/regen from level 1 beggers compared to EC. P99 min/max nerds should be ashamed for perpetuating the EC trade zone over NFP. A bunch of EC tryhards claim NFP was a bad trade zone because of lag, but I and everyone I ever knew on mith marr never had an issue there with lag /shrug

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
NFP is the best trade zone. It had a thriving community of duelers and evils in the sewers, people at jade inn, bank ,etc. While selling, you could bank, kill guards for exp/money, tradeskill, work on swimming, etc. Evils could bank through with invis. Low level scum hardly ever asked for PL buffs like DS/regen from level 1 beggers compared to EC. P99 min/max nerds should be ashamed for perpetuating the EC trade zone over NFP. A bunch of EC tryhards claim NFP was a bad trade zone because of lag, but I and everyone I ever knew on mith marr never had an issue there with lag /shrug
pfft, i was a shaman and had the best noob crack in town and i spent hours every night trading in EC after exp or raiding. i hardly ever got bothered for buffs and when i did get asked, i always shot them the good stuff, hp/health/dex/agi/haste/regen/sow. i didnt mind, buffing is part of my class. i liked helping peeps out. we all were once noobs who couldnt get a break. my buffs would probably get somebody a good hour of exp and that could be several new levels. it also helps you make friends.

along with being a massive l00t whoar on Emarr, i was also known for having a great rep. before i joined "the dark side" local uber guild i would tag along with random guilds to help them on their raids, even if it was a raid i knew there was no loot i wanted or would receive if there was any to be had. i did it for fun and to hone my player skills and ultimately i made lots of good friends who some surprise surprise, became my guildies later on in the game and they also liked helping noobs because i had once done the same for them. paying it forward is a real thing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't get the big deal with keyboard turning. I've always been of the opinion that the best players barely ever touch the mouse.

Maybe it bothers me more as a puller. Also, often keyboard turners are using first person, so they have way less situational awareness.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Imagine being a keyboard turner as a rogue, that's grounds for the death penalty

If you're good with strafe turning it's fine. Just tap Ctrl as needed while holding left/right and you can line up in the back half of the mob just as quick.