Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Molten Core Raider
Help me build a Bahamut killing team. Im currently looking at bringing along Wilhelm, Refia, T.Terra and a Terra friend. The other two spots are what I'm having trouble filling. I was thinking 9S for breaks and either Rikku or Zarg. The buffs/debuffs from Zarg are nice but the whole "hah i didn't stay dead" LB from Rikku is a crutch I haven't fully let go of yet.

Are there any other stand out units I should be looking at using?

Vinen

God is dead
Some neat info from the Korean fan festa. We're getting Noctis upgraded to his JP power level, and that includes his TM (adds +30% atk and mag to RoL). Blood moon trial is coming very soon, Roy will be on a banner in a few weeks, some other stuff.

Biggest news though, 3% rainbow rate increase incoming for Black Friday

I may make an attempt to get Cloud with the updated rainbow rate...

Will have 5 of his TMR :hype:
#4 just finished this morning.

Anyone have an Amazon TMR farming macro? My current macro is all fucked and clicks the banner and gets stuck on a crash restart. I've been slow at looking into a fix as I have so few TMR left to farm so even moving so I've been OK.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Help me build a Bahamut killing team.
If you can't one shot Bahamut, then you need to have some members survive, then AoE revive the dead on round 2. From your listed units only Rikku has AoE revive (re-raise won't work against megaflare because it's a multi-hit attack). Here's some example stats for Bahamut's turn 1 megaflare hitting Rikku:

With 50% mag break from your 9S, a 70% SPR buff from your Wilhelm (enhanced), and while GUARDING, Rikku will take:

7,981 damage at 300 pre-buff spirit
6,411 damage at 400 pre-buff spirit
5,358 damage at 500 pre-buff spirit
etc (Bahamut has 790 base magic and turn1 Megaflare has a 21x modifier if you want to math it yourself)

So basically, gear your Rikku so that she has enough spirit and max HP to survive the turn 1 megaflare, then go against Bahamut and turn 1 use:

Rikku -- Guard
Refia -- Guard (she needs enough spr / hp to survive too, but if Rikku can, she can easier)
Wilhelm -- Spr Buff
9S -- 50% mag break
Trance Terra -- Guard if her spr/hp is high enough to survive the megaflare, or just chaos wave for some damage
Trance Terra Friend -- see above

So turn 1 with the above, if Refia and Rikku survive, you should win. Bahamut will kill everyone else.
Turn 2 have Rikku AoE revive, then have Refia dualcast heal
Turn 3 have both Terra's magical activate (refresh buffs etc with the rest of the team)
Turn 4 break Bahamut's SPR with 9S, then chain both TTerra's dualcasted awakened chaos waves, which should kill Bahamut
Turn 5 chain chaos waves again if Bahamut lived, and if he still hasn't died after 2 turns of double TTerra, you need a better TTerra friend because he's about to megaflare your face again

Other options are trying to cheese it with a Garnet enhanced friend on Bahamut and capping the friends Bahamut summon, wait a few weeks until Mistair, or build a glass cannon team that can one shot bahamut on turn1 (TTerra won't work for that because of her setup round).

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for that. I'll have to see what I can do with Rikku and Refia's stats to see if I can make those thresholds when I get in from work. I still may be a Tm or three away from being able to do it.

Regarding the glass cannon thing I was almost tempted to drag in Barb, Shantotto, and a friend Barb and seeing what three dual cast Tornados would do to him on T1 but I didnt wanna waste the rat tail :p

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's much harder to simulate chained attacks because of the mechanics, but if for the sake of simplicity we assume every single hit of Tornado is already at the max chain modifier, and the imperil is already active, then 3 dualcasted tornado from 3 units with 1,000 magic would deal:

Bahamut -- 50% base wind resist (reduced to 0% after imperil) and 25 spr (reduced to 13 after 9S spr break) would take:

400,000 x2 base damage, x4 from chains = 3.2 million per Tornado caster w/ 1,000 mag

Bahamut has 14 mil hp, so 3 dualcasted tornados would deal around 9.6 mill damage (less in reality because the first few hits are building the chain up)

If you add some Draco Spikes to all of the tornado mages, then it's technically possible to deal more than 14 million damage with just tornadoes, but good luck gearing 3 tornado mages with 6 draco spikes all with 1k+ magic

TLDR version: Save your rat tail, Tornado deals low damage and is really just a chain building skill

That said, if you can add a magical finisher to the mix to cap off that sweet tornado chain (Zyrus with Dracospike and Alterna for example), then your damage potential goes way way up. A single Alterna capping a chain at 1k magic would deal almost 9 million damage all by itself, and that's before dualcasting it or any +dragonkiller mods. Add Zyrus innate + DracoSpike and Alterna will deal over 20 million, single casted.

Molten Core Raider
Im actually almost done with my first DracoSpike (Zyrus is at 92ish percent as of typing this and should finish tonight barring anymore memu crashes). Almost done with GL Sakura's Reaver as well so she may be something to look into for some off the wall stuff.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's really no reason not to cheese Bahamut with a max evo damage garnet companion with Bahamut equipped.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I wonder if 60% break with EV 54% LB is enough to survive megaflare. I still need to do the full shadow bahamut clear.

Free daily: Cecil. 1/2 daily: Kamui. 1 ticket: blue -> gold -> Ling! I hope she gets some amazing enhancements soon.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I wonder if 60% break with EV 54% LB is enough to survive megaflare. I still need to do the full shadow bahamut clear.

Free daily: Cecil. 1/2 daily: Kamui. 1 ticket: blue -> gold -> Ling! I hope she gets some amazing enhancements soon.
I got a Ling too! Which means she won't get enhancements.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I plan to try with Terra as dps for my initial blood moon attempt. Will adjust if things go poorly.

On the update video they say that blood moon will be our hardest trial yet, even harder than malboro. If that's true, they may have given it some global exclusive difficulty buffs because we're getting it after such a long delay. Then again it could be just generic hype talk and it's released exactly as it was in JP (in which case it probably won't be too hard for veterans).

We'll see tonight I guess! I'd still say anyone who has the ability to gear a decent blood moon viable mage should do so for the next few days to help their friend list buddies.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
New Exvius Updates video just released. Bloody Moon is Thurs. FF XV MK event Fri with special exploration event next week. Also, sounds like Gladiolus and Noctis are getting GL buffs.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Took out Wicked Moon with all missions. Team was Soleil, iNichol, Tilith, Rikku, Trance Terra, friend Trance Terra.

Here's a video of my clear, went decently quick with TTerra dps:

Did the evade tank stuff again (I really like that setup), but a regular tank would work just fine I'm sure.

Molten Core Raider
Very nice. I want to try it but I've yet to knock down Malboro or Aigion yet, kinda feel like I should be looking into beating those first. Im always jealous of seeing a fully enhanced Soliel, I lack sooo many tech crysts to fully finish her it's ridiculous.

Did the rainbow rates change with the maintenance or are they waiting til Friday to flip that switch?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Friday for the new rates.

You only need to enhance one offensive and one defensive dance for Soleil and alternate between the two, since after the first round they start adding both relevant stats, and by round 3 and beyond all 4 stats are at 120%. Enhancing all four dances is only for ultimate flexibility, but very much an overkill luxury.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My free summon of the day was my very first blue to rainbow. Unfortunately it was Sea Breeze Dark Fina number 2. Guess I’ll be good for 7 star bikini Fina...

Molten Core Raider

You only need to enhance one offensive and one defensive dance for Soleil and alternate between the two, since after the first round they start adding both relevant stats, and by round 3 and beyond all 4 stats are at 120%. Enhancing all four dances is only for ultimate flexibility, but very much an overkill luxury.
Good to know. My old enemy, Tech Giancrysts, are all that is holding me back from getting the +Mag and +Spr dances finished. Guess the Chamber of Gems and I have some quality time ahead.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

Fuck me, I have 3 dances done already, and just barely enough materials for the 4th (that I won't be doing).

Awesome.