Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
I finally looked into the magnification trick for chaining on android devices. My 2 TTs + a friend I can get 59 spark chain everytime. I figured you had to download stuff to do it, I didnt know you just had to flip a switch in your phones settings. Shoulda been doin this shit the whole time

Elaborate please.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
to elaborate on that vid. enabling that feature means that if you tap your phone 3 times in a small area on your phone it will magnify that area. so when you enable this feature, anytime you tap your phone once, it causes a slight delay/lag anytime you do a single tap because your phone is waiting to see if youre going to triple tap. this delay allows you to tap on the units you want to chain at the same time, you dont actually have to magnify the screen to do it. One tip I read that helped me is that if youre chaining 3 units, tap the left side of the units box on 2 of the units and on the 3rd unit tap the right side, because you dont actually want to trigger the magnification thing, you just want the delay, so you dont wanna tap 3 times in a small area.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
in other words its fucking cheating

giphy.gif

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Speaking of chains--since I fucked up and didn't buy the shit out of mats during the last King Mog, I can only awaken a couple more units. Right now, I can either awaken a second Victoria or my first (Of two) Agrias.

Because of you guys, I have two Oralndu's to chain Agrias off of--however, that does mean I need to awaken her ability, which I should be able to do since I've been farming the story. But it's going to be tight. Eventually I'll be able to awaken the second Agrias and chain off of herself or a friend Orlandu.

Or I can awaken the second Victoria. Victoria I think is a pretty underrated unit. Her overload is a 10 hit AE 2.2X dark damage--but it builds 1.2 per use, and stacks 6 times (Up to 9.4). Because I can swap the stacks from Firaja, I can build 4 of them up in 2 rounds, too. So the thing is 8.2x by the third round, 10 hit chain. It can also be awakened to start as 2.5 and go up to 11.5.

I know that's clearly under some crazy shit like Trance Terra (lol, she chains chaos wave pretty wellwith Victoria too, have been using Avatar of Nyx Avatar of Nyx Terra to do some insane shit for my level.)...But for a starting f2p, dark element chain at 10x for 10 hits is pretty insane. Plus I can swap it to double cast firaja for 22x (11x*2) per Victoria. And I have Kyra, and eventually will have Ace's imperil for fire.

Only problem is I have literally no way to dark imperil =-/ AND Victoria's weak as shit defensively, while Agrias is pretty tough it seems like (I do have WoL, and I'm guessing that's going to help her defensively since I'll have his cover and taunt built up soon) . Also, because I got 8 dupes of that chainsaw asshole, I can macro out two of those 130 attack two handers for Agrias fairly quickly, so she'll be pretty beefy. What would you guys recommend to limp by with until I can awaken more? I want to do the raids ect.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Keep in mind darkness element is resisted very, very often for end-game content, but Firaja is still pretty strong with Victoria.

Agrias is good to chain with Orlandeau and pals, but if you don't have an Orlandeau/DarkVeritas of your own, I probably wouldn't enhance her just to chain with a friend. She's really expensive to fully enhance. You mention giving her Conrad's TM, but keep in mind that's a 2-hander which can't be dual wielded, and you need dualwield to perfect chain with most Orlandeau friends.

For imperil, there's always just the plain old Imperil spell (20% to all) which you can craft or get from a few espers. This is more for down the road, but once you beat the Wicked Moon trial you get Crazy Day, which is a 35% to all imperil that anyone can use.

Molten Core Raider
Tomorrow's event will be a King Mog event so mats will be available again, you wont be without for long. Usually during Mog events with Bonus units, most of us change up our lead units to a bonus one to maximize farming up whatever macguffin it is we need this week. Depending on my pulls tomorrow my Terra may come down for a week or so, just fyi.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of chains--since I fucked up and didn't buy the shit out of mats during the last King Mog, I can only awaken a couple more units. Right now, I can either awaken a second Victoria or my first (Of two) Agrias.

Because of you guys, I have two Oralndu's to chain Agrias off of--however, that does mean I need to awaken her ability, which I should be able to do since I've been farming the story. But it's going to be tight. Eventually I'll be able to awaken the second Agrias and chain off of herself or a friend Orlandu.

Do NOT enhance two Agrias.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Keep in mind darkness element is resisted very, very often for end-game content, but Firaja is still pretty strong with Victoria.

Agrias is good to chain with Orlandeau and pals, but if you don't have an Orlandeau/DarkVeritas of your own, I probably wouldn't enhance her just to chain with a friend. She's really expensive to fully enhance. You mention giving her Conrad's TM, but keep in mind that's a 2-hander which can't be dual wielded, and you need dualwield to perfect chain with most Orlandeau friends.

For imperil, there's always just the plain old Imperil spell (20% to all) which you can craft or get from a few espers. This is more for down the road, but once you beat the Wicked Moon trial you get Crazy Day, which is a 35% to all imperil that anyone can use.

Yeah, about the Chainsaw--but she needs to use a two hander to get her 50% attack bonus right? I mean, I guess the build out that makes her a good chainer is Cloud's TMR, or if I can dual wield, is it better to simply forget about that 50% attack?

Spent all my free stuff to try and get Cloud =-/ was really hoping for him, but no go.

Do NOT enhance two Agrias.

Yeah, she's expensive. She's also the only melee Chainer I have outside of Rikku and a couple other lower level ones. It's kind of odd, got some decent mages, and really good tanks, and decent support units but any melee damage I got is dog shit.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Tomorrow's event will be a King Mog event so mats will be available again, you wont be without for long. Usually during Mog events with Bonus units, most of us change up our lead units to a bonus one to maximize farming up whatever macguffin it is we need this week. Depending on my pulls tomorrow my Terra may come down for a week or so, just fyi.

Awesome good to know. And its fine, just over the last couple days I've been having an easier time doing the final leg with any of the guys you guys have up. I enhanced my WoL, and put a couple new items on him, and he's not getting dropped anymore. Plus my Luka is enhanced some now, so I can handle the healing needed.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, about the Chainsaw--but she needs to use a two hander to get her 50% attack bonus right?

Agrias gets 50% atk (if enhanced) from using a greatsword, not 2-handers. Greatswords are just a weapon category, but they're all 1 handers except for Conrad's TM :)

You really want a holy weapon for Agrias to use her imperil. Excalibur (Cecil TM) is the best option, but if you grinded the current raid enough you can craft Lightbringer which is really good for a free holy weapon. Her only other options are Holy Lance or Rune Blade. Holy Lance costs a lot of star quartz that are better spent on vital purchases like safety bit/genji shield, and Rune Blade has like no ATK (but it's still worth using over a non-elemental setup).

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Agrias gets 50% atk (if enhanced) from using a greatsword, not 2-handers. Greatswords are just a weapon category, but they're all 1 handers except for Conrad's TM :)

You really want a holy weapon for Agrias to use her imperil. Excalibur (Cecil TM) is the best option, but if you grinded the current raid enough you can craft Lightbringer which is really good for a free holy weapon. Her only other options are Holy Lance or Rune Blade. Holy Lance costs a lot of star quartz that are better spent on vital purchases like safety bit/genji shield, and Rune Blade has like no ATK (but it's still worth using over a non-elemental setup).

Ahh, that makes sense on the great swords. Need to read tool tips better. So Double Hand should work on most great swords then? (I have that TMR--but no dual wields save the Bowie Knife.) I guess I can do save the queen, but that's not light based.

I have the lightbringer, but that's not a great sword, right? Unfortunately, didn't pull one Cecil, ever. Given he's three stars, figure I would have but nope.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Correct, doublehand from Bartz will work on greatswords that are 1-handed.

Lightbringer is a sword (not greatsword) so it won't work with her passive. The ideal setup without Excalibur would be to dualwield a greatsword (like save the queen) + Lightbringer, which activates her passive and sets her element to holy. When dual wielding an elemental weapon it gives the element to both weapons.

Definitely work on a dualwield TM if you have a Zidane. Dual wield from some source is very important for most dps units. From memory, the sources of dual wield are:

Dual Wield (zidane tm)
Genji Glove (gilgamesh tm)
Awesome Swordsman (loren tm)
Bowie Knife (abel tm)
Second Knife (previous event, now unavailable)
Clan Headband (jiraiya's tm -- katana only)
Aqua Blade (camille tm -- sword only, water element)

There may be others that I'm not thinking of.

Something to mention -- you get a free 105 ATK greatsword (non-elemental) from vault keys in the campaign, so I wouldn't farm Save the Queen since it's barely an upgrade over a free weapon.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Got Basch! So hyped!

Legendary mode is neat. Did the 4 man mission with Basch, Tilith, Ace, Tidus (video Here). Got 5k currency from legendary with only 1 synergy unit, but now that the 4 man mission is done I'm going to run it with 4 synergy units. Hopefully legendary is always available in future mog events.

I set Basch as my lead geared in 100% fire resist, 100% evasion, and sleep immunity for event synergy. Hope it helps you all!

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Got Basch! So hyped!

Legendary mode is neat. Did the 4 man mission with Basch, Tilith, Ace, Tidus (video Here). Got 5k currency from legendary with only 1 synergy unit, but now that the 4 man mission is done I'm going to run it with 4 synergy units. Hopefully legendary is always available in future mog events.

I set Basch as my lead geared in 100% fire resist and sleep immunity for event synergy. Hope it helps you all!
Grats on Basch! You must have gotten a bonus mob in there. LGD drops about 685 base currency for 40 NRG.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Oh duh, yes I did get 2x of the little sand men bonus guys, woops. Ahh well, hopefully the bonus spawns are higher on LGD mode.

Molten Core Raider
Snagged a Basch as well this morning (and a dupe Lightning.....yaaay). Stole gear from Wilhelm to make him look like a tank and he's also at 100% fire resist. Got him set as lead for at least the next week.