Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Installing it on my wife's iPad now to see if it works for my account. Taking freakin forever. On the 3rd play through of the theme song.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Also, after that super long blue streak got broken by my dupe Balthier, went on another long blue streak--until yesterday. Pulled a rainbow and it was Gilgamesh, so got my first glove (Had a 100% moogle ready for it too). Decided to use the old gamblers fallacy and not stop because it might "be a streak", so used tickets--end up pulling an explorer Aileen, Divine Soleil, and then another explorer Aileen. Pretty fucking stoked. Outside of Tidus, she's now my only other 5 star chainer. (All my other five star damage dealers are finishers, Dark Knight Cecil, Balthier and PG Laswell.)

But without the ability to imperil I've heard she's not great as a mirror right? And I know what she's really useful for is because she can pair with regular AIleen for trials. Unfortunately, I don't have regular Aileen--still was able to get two free Tomb raiders, so eventually when I have good enough gear to do a TDH build, I'll be able to do a couple units like that, which is nice.

Divine Soleil is interesting...Her two round LB makes it so she can't maintain a rotation with her best abilities though, even if you could ensure she got her LB every two rounds. =-/ If it were three rounds, she'd be ridiculously powerful--she could keep a 40% mitigation on the tank that stacks with general mitigation, and maintain a 120% stat buff, plus keep a decently sized regen up and cleanse/heal. Really wish I could fit her somewhere, but I don't have near the gear to ensure her LB. Think I'm just going to use my other trust moogle to go ahead and grab Brotherhood, now that Tidus's enhancements are coming. Was excited to see Rikku get enhancements as well, was hoping where they buffed her water chain she might chain with Tidus--but apparently she still doesn't chain well with him (Still, she'd do well in a Tidus group with his imperil). The 4 rounds of her activation is nice, though--it lets you use her damage mitigation on the first round and there is no pressure to use it again until it fades (As that will be the last round Synthesis is active). So it frees her up to do a lot more, since she'll have 3 rounds where she doesn't need to do synthesis or Hyper-Null.

All the rest of her buffs are okay..Bigger water damage, attack buff, more survivability and a single target 100% HP heal is nice tank support. I use her all the time to make up for my lack of gear so between her and Tidus this new round of enhancements is going to work really well or me.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
But without the ability to imperil I've heard she's not great as a mirror right?

You can't bring two of the same unit into 10 man fights, and everywhere else you bring a friend unit. Since you have Tidus, he's going to be far superior to Explorer Aileen starting tomorrow, so enhance your Tidus and bring a friend Tidus to chain with.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
You can't bring two of the same unit into 10 man fights, and everywhere else you bring a friend unit. Since you have Tidus, he's going to be far superior to Explorer Aileen starting tomorrow, so enhance your Tidus and bring a friend Tidus to chain with.

negan.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
so i finally got 1 emulator to finally work on my PC, bluestacks, now is there a direction anyone can send me to so i could TMR farm some? i have 3 orlandu's and a dark veritas that all need weapons

Tiphares

Golden Squire
so i finally got 1 emulator to finally work on my PC, bluestacks, now is there a direction anyone can send me to so i could TMR farm some? i have 3 orlandu's and a dark veritas that all need weapons
No idea. I have heard of Bluestacks, but I use Nox and have had no issues getting it to run. In fact, it has been very stable lately.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nox or Memu is going to be easier for recording/playback. I usually use memu for FFBE and bluestacks for all other games since I don't need macros in any of the others. I think you have to use something like autohotkey if you want to macro in bluestacks.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

I was actually thinking of using healers as friends and bringing two chainers--since now I have pretty decent DPS and support units, but shit healing units. Well, Roselia now--whose actually pretty good so I may re-think that. Chaining Ex-Aileen with your Aileen is just ridiculous damage. I like her better than Tidus because, as others have said, Tidus is REALLY hit or miss. Sometimes he chains great, sometimes he never passes 4. I have no idea how the unit can be so arbitrary, it's not like the frames change each use. I still bring him because he's a group buff, mana regen, and water resist unit all in one, and does some decent DPS on his own, but he's a frustrating chainer, at least for me. (One reason why I'm so stoked for his buffs is the group buff becomes really damn impressive. I know its only half of what the top end is right now for support units, but to have 60% for 5 turns on a DPS, will make it so much easier to keep a group buff up in my groups given I'm always scrambling to make up for my lack of gear.)

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Interesting because Aileen can be difficult to chain because she moves before her attack goes off. You have to be careful of her placemenr in your party.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Interesting because Aileen can be difficult to chain because she moves before her attack goes off. You have to be careful of her placemenr in your party.

Yeah, but its a consistent difficulty, once you learn to do it, its easy. I can not figure out the timing on Tidus. He's just been really frustrating.

Tidus hard to chain you say?

pic.jpg

I haven't noticed.

You can only do this on Nox right? I mainly play while I'm on the road heh, kind of defeats the point if I need my laptop. Only time I've used Nox is for TMR farming (Which I haven't really done since we've had an event every week since I began playing.)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Nox or Memu have macro functions, and you can use things on phones like motion gestures or control center tricks to perfect chain as well. There's a tool to perfect chain no matter the device.

Another thing is that aside from the once per month trial fight, perfect chaining is very overkill anyway.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Perfect chaining Tidus is very easy on an iPad. Though it does fall under the phone gimmicks category.

You swipe the notification window down. Then you slowly pull it up until you can see the buttons and release. Then smack the actions to chain.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
there's nothing remotely difficult about chaining with Eileen. You place her in positions 1 and 3 if both Eileens are yours, 4 and 6 if you're bringing a friend Eileen. Even if you're on an emu, you can bind keyboard buttons with taps on the screen, so I have 1-6 bound to positions 1-6.

Macro chainers are scum.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
New banners are interesting. So every unit on the banner is 5 star, if you manage a rainbow on the banner, you're garunteed to get one of the units listed. Each banner seems to have two top tier units, two really nice units and two mediocre or garbage units (For the magic damage banner, Seabreeze Fina/Dark).

I could use every unit in the support banner except Queen (And could even use her, technically. She just wouldn't be huge for me, but every other unit would be.) Same with the physical DPS banner. Even the magic banner, aside from the Fina's all are amazing.

=-/ Saved so long for CG Sakura, heh--pretty good chance these banners are a clean out before she is available, right?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The banners have some decent units on them, but yeah it's a resource sink that I'm skipping.