Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Molten Core Raider
Was hoping for CG Fina's banner, but I guess I get to save a bit more for it now. Got two troll rainbows this week while hoping to pull Explorer Aileen. Marie #3 and Orlandeau #5 join the ranks. I hate missing limited units but I dont think Im going to sink money chasing her.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
New banners are interesting. So every unit on the banner is 5 star, if you manage a rainbow on the banner, you're garunteed to get one of the units listed. Each banner seems to have two top tier units, two really nice units and two mediocre or garbage units (For the magic damage banner, Seabreeze Fina/Dark).

I could use every unit in the support banner except Queen (And could even use her, technically. She just wouldn't be huge for me, but every other unit would be.) Same with the physical DPS banner. Even the magic banner, aside from the Fina's all are amazing.

=-/ Saved so long for CG Sakura, heh--pretty good chance these banners are a clean out before she is available, right?
Yes, it's a trap before CG Fina comes out. Skipping as well.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So I pulled 4 more tickets over this event to see if I could get another divine soleil. I can't TMR farm reliably so free moogles are a bigger draw for me. The +15% spirit& hp on the ahnk would help bolster my defenses.

I got a troll yellow with agrias and a second explorer aileen.

I was cringing when I saw the rainbow come down as it was going to be a total waste if I got a dupe.... oh well. I have a place to stick those extra tomb raider moogles now.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd replace the word 'finicky' with the word 'terrible', and no, afaik the only unit that ever had their frames changed with enhancements was Eileen.
Didn't Agrias get frame changes for her HE or w/e?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Got Brotherhood and did both the +Attack upgrades--heh, I know damage doesn't scale linearly in this game, its still always surprising to see the difference though at the "high" end (At least for me). Tidus is the first character to break 1k attack.

The buff awakenings for the other two, damn 12 T3's...I figured I had a lot saved with 8, heh. So glad they swapped Rikku's pouch to green, have a shit load of them. That upgrade makes it a ton easier to use her.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The God of Chaos special boss fight is really easy. I cleared it all missions with a budget team using no TMR or rainbows just to make it slightly more interesting using Earth Veritas, Roselia, Timothy, Gilbert and friend Aileen. Vid of my easy, but slow clear that anyone can easily copy: Apep "trial" fight

So I guess that's our big content release for the week, a boss that was facerolled with a bunch of 3* units wearing event gear. Exciting!

Some misc tips: Make sure everyone is petrify immune. Boss also does AoE poison, and single target confuse and paralyze. Does a fire imperil on your team so bring a resist buff / wear some fire resist gear. When he gets around 20% health he begins to heal for about 8% per round, so if your dps is low keep that in mind.

or just bring 2-3 rainbow DPS and OTK him. That works too.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Can I bring rem with her healing prayer instead of petrify resist?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Sure, but make sure at least your tank is petrify immune so the boss doesn't petrify him then melee down the other units in the same round.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
so i tried doing this with 4 orlandu's and a dark veritas, with a full break, still didn't die, got it to 20% and then it wiped my party on the crackback

Vinen

God is dead
OTK'd with 2 Tidus and Runera singing. Had a random unit use Thunder from Ramuh.

Easiest Trial ever.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I am weak and spent some tickets on the new banner this morning. About 15 tickets and no rainbows. Spent 4 more after work and got Elfreeda. Slowly working toward TDH.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Since we don't seem to be getting any new content these days, I figured I'd do something to amuse myself, so I made a guide on how to clear Elnath with all missions using a very budget team. No rainbows (except the free Lightning) and only one 3* TM (Sazh's) was used. Everything else was event equipment or free stuff like Moogle Plushie.

Video of the fight with explanations on how to handle various mechanics:

Team I used:

Lightning -- geared for Evasion, and she used the only non-free TM (fixed dice) to hit 100% evade
Sara -- for Retreat Command (gives AoE evasion to the team)
Garnet -- to fill the esper gauge
Timothy -- for breaking
Ashe -- for Thundaja stacking and meditate to buff magic
Victoria -- primary DPS with dualcasting Firaja and using Magical Awaken to setup for the final round OTK
Mystea -- geared for 100% wind and lightning resist, was also sacrificed for the final threshold
Bran -- physical dps for the melee arm and lightning resist buffer
Roselia -- mana regen for the team and also did some minor healing

The video has step by step guide, but for a general overview per phase:

Phase 1: 100-60% -- AoE dodge every round with Sara, use Lightning Resist if you need to reset his countdown with thunder magic. You should take zero damage and don't need a tank. Do the elemental mission then just work the boss down. Take this time to build up Firaja stacks to max and fill the esper gauge with Garnet.

Phase 2: 59-30% -- for the threshold attack, have Lightning taunt, Mystea cover, and Sara do AoE evade for the team. After the opening threshold there's no more AoE physical (until p3) so you can put away Sara. Keep taunt up with Lightning and cover up with Mystea (with lightning/wind immunity) and you should take almost no damage this phase. Kill the top (left) arm first so you can do the mission, then kill the bottom arm. When both arms die, work the boss down close to 30% but don't push him yet.

Phase 3: 29-0% -- before pushing the 30% threshold, use Magical Awakening on Victoria, then put her away next round to save that big nuke for the kill. Push the boss with Ashe, and make sure you have active Lightning's taunt, Mystea's cover, and Sara's aoe evade. All the flashy threshold nukes won't do anything except blow up Mystea. After the threshold stuff is over, bring in units to:

1) Dispel Elnath's buffs he put up during the threshold
2) Someone to imperil fire. I used Crazy Day, but any fire imperil is fine
3) Break the bosses spirit. I used Timothy LB for the big spirit break
4) Put up AoE reflect with Carbuncle summon (this is why Garnet built esper gauge in p1)
5) Target your own team and cast Victoria's magically awakened Firaja (not dualcast!), which will reflect 5x and should OTK the boss's last phase.

Collect loots.

If you don't have enough old event gear to make Mystea 100% wind and lightning resistant, you can just add a resist buffer for phase 2. Your healer will have plenty of free turns to cast it.

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Heh, the opposite for me. Decided it was better to try on this banner since, outside of Queen, every rainbow I can use. 12 4 star tickets and 28 regular tickets and one 10+1 pull later, no rainbows. Feels bad man.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Here's an example of how to clear Sheratan (all missions) with a very budget team (only one 3* TM used, no rainbows):

Team I used:

Lightning
Mystea
Timothy
Tilith
Victoria
Rubicante
Garnet
Edgar
Conrad
Warrior of Light

Lightning taunts and evades, Mystea does cover with 100% earth/dark resist, Timothy breaks/imperils, Tilith heals/manaregen, Rubicante and Victoria dps with Firaja stacking.

After the 50% threshold, do aoe def/spr break with WoL, aoe fire imperil with Rubicante LB, then OTK with Edgar/Conrad chain building with chainsaw and capping it with Garnet's Bahamut and some Firaja.

Tilith is a limited unit, but she can be replaced with anyone that can fill the teams mana (Ayaka, Ace, Ling, bards, etc etc).

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So, I pulled on the banner once more. Ended up getting Lunera. I don't have either of the other bards. Have Soleil but can't really fit her into a team, was going to just use Tidus's buff. Is it better to use Lunera as a buffer/mana/ or think is she a good enough chainer to build her for damage first? (Probably only have the resources to do one or the other for now.)

Also, I actually got the Tinker unit with the one handed bow and I have the holiday one handed bell (Harp). It seems like you can DW those for 150% magic+230% spirit?

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Had a good pulling day today. Started with the free summon that started as a gold and then went to rainbow, got a Prompto. Figured I should play the hot hand and tried the half price summon, and got another gold to rainbow which was Cloud.

At this point I wanted to get Explorer Aileen because I could get her TMR immediately. Started pulling like crazy and ended up with 4 diamonds: Prompto, Cloud, Reberta 2, and Balthier. Three of which were gold to rainbow crystals.

I’m pretty happy with the results even though I didn’t get the Explorer Aileen. Her damn mogs are taking up a lot of slots and I don’t know how much longer I can hold out hope. Instant TMR is pretty tempting though.

Bad thing is I probably used up all my luck today and I need some good mages, bad. Likely going to have my heart broken on Intl woman’s day batch 3.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Had a good pulling day today. Started with the free summon that started as a gold and then went to rainbow, got a Prompto. Figured I should play the hot hand and tried the half price summon, and got another gold to rainbow which was Cloud.

At this point I wanted to get Explorer Aileen because I could get her TMR immediately. Started pulling like crazy and ended up with 4 diamonds: Prompto, Cloud, Reberta 2, and Balthier. Three of which were gold to rainbow crystals.

I’m pretty happy with the results even though I didn’t get the Explorer Aileen. Her damn mogs are taking up a lot of slots and I don’t know how much longer I can hold out hope. Instant TMR is pretty tempting though.

Bad thing is I probably used up all my luck today and I need some good mages, bad. Likely going to have my heart broken on Intl woman’s day batch 3.

Lucky bastard lol. I've noticed this game is streaky as hell, I get its probably a perception thing but like I posted above, I went 40+ pulls during the last free pull/standard (Plus a few tickets) with no golds at all. Then I got 3 divine Soleil's, Gilgamesh and 2 Explorer Aileens nearly in a row.

Any case, the point of the post. Don't delete your specific Moogles. In Japan they have moogle molds that let you convert them over into other TMRs or some such. Maybe one of the guys here can explain it better, I only read about it on the Reddit board. But eventually you will be able to get some TMRs for those specific ones, even if not those TMRs because they are limited units.

I feel your pain though, I have 4 Stross Spears, 4 mood maker TMRs all combined to 100%, plus a few white knights soul (And the others from that banner) waiting to go. =-/ At least the Stross/Moods aren't limited time units so there is always hope. But I think about 20 unit slots are being eaten up by specific TMR moogles right now. (That said, you know you can combine moogles right? You've been playing for a while so probably, but hah, I didn't know for the longest time.)