Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Tiphares

Golden Squire
What's the best way to gear for fire resist?
Flame Mail, Flame Shield, Dragon Shield, Phoenix & Ifrit espers, Thermal Suit, Red Jacket, True Hydaelyn Guard, Cat Ear Hood, Ifrit Claw, Gold Ring of Set. That should setup 4 units with 75+ fire resist. Of course, prioritize your tank and support/healer to have 100% or close.

So,
WoL: Flame Shield & Phoenix esper (100%)
Healer: Thermal Suit, Cat Ear Hood, True Hydaelyn Guard (85%)
Support: Red Jacket, True Hydaelyn Guard, Ifrit Claw (85%)
DPS: Ifrit, Flame Mail (100%)

You can use the accessories to get to 100% on everyone if you want. There are lots of options.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
We're getting a massively nerfed version of his stepup banner, which frustrates me, but even so, I still think Sephiroth is worth the chase.

When it comes to raw damage, he loses to some of the top dogs like Tidus or Fryevia, but he has a lot of perks going for him. For one thing, he chains with all the HE units as well as Onion. When he upgrades to 7* he gets a new skill that chains with the AT chainers, and a bunch of the newest OP units chain with those frames in JP (Auron, Machina, Fei, and a bunch of older units too like Raegen, Lasswell, etc).

He's also super bulky for a dps with great stats, high health, and a cheat death that can activate three times per life. He can even cast Full Life when things go bad on a hard fight (and I've been saved by that on more than one trial in JP).

I really hope I get him without going too deep into my stash.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
We're getting a massively nerfed version of his stepup banner, which frustrates me, but even so, I still think Sephiroth is worth the chase.

When it comes to raw damage, he loses to some of the top dogs like Tidus or Fryevia, but he has a lot of perks going for him. For one thing, he chains with all the HE units as well as Onion. When he upgrades to 7* he gets a new skill that chains with the AT chainers, and a bunch of the newest OP units chain with those frames in JP (Auron, Machina, Fei, and a bunch of older units too like Raegen, Lasswell, etc).

He's also super bulky for a dps with great stats, high health, and a cheat death that can activate three times per life. He can even cast Full Life when things go bad on a hard fight (and I've been saved by that on more than one trial in JP).

I really hope I get him without going too deep into my stash.

With OK, he only chains with cutter and splendor moves right? Not the sword ability?

I have 2 Tidus, and 1 OK. Really like OK, has been a favorite of mine since I began playing FF--would be nice to get him a chain partner but the 4x mods will be a weak chain compared to tidus. (But Seph does have a lot going for him regardless, especially for a newer player given he's cheap to build.)

Any case, do any of the enhancements coming up do anything for the units? I have 3 Merc Ramza's, lol...Not holding my breath but was wondering.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Merc Ramza and Knight Delita enhancements are terrible and do nothing to make those units viable. We may get global exclusive updates to their enhancements, but probably not. Reberta is unknown since JP doesn't have her.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I am considering going the step-up route and saving tickets. Alternately, I have a pretty good ticket stash that I could burn and save the lapis, but 100+ tickets is no guarantee of getting any banner units. It is MK event so I feel obligated to pull the first day.

Nice that we get all chambers open and bonus enhancement rates starting Fri. I let my son use my 5* EX ticket because today is his birthday... Knight Delita welcome to the bench! Grand Armor, yes please!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Is knight D's 7* at least "ok"? Or the STMR? I'm floating 4 of him deep.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Is knight D's 7* at least "ok"? Or the STMR? I'm floating 4 of him deep.

Knight Delita is very good at 7* as a breaking support unit. Just don't try to run him as a DPS, but only Lid and Loren beat him for breaks.

KD's limit at maxed 7* does 3 turn -74% atk/mag/def and -100% thunder imperil, only costs 20 crystals, and he has a bunch of auto-limit regen and ways to fill his gauge by a bunch per turn so it's trivial to keep 100% uptime.

Last edited:

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any idea when 7 stars are coming? Or when we are getting those tickets that let you pick a 5 star unit?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Any idea when 7 stars are coming? Or when we are getting those tickets that let you pick a 5 star unit?
Gumi goes off schedule all the time for no reason whatsoever, so we don't really know, but based on the JP timeline, it would be shortly after the anniversary, so approximately two months from now.

Like I said though, Gumi's going to Gumi, so it could be next week or in 8 months, we really don't know.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Gumi has been glacially slow giving us content so 7 stars aren’t going to be required for a long time.

We are ridiculously far behind 10 man content. #3 comes out this month. #4 was considered a bit overtuned at release but the 10 man trials weren’t built with 7 stars in mind until the 9th or 10th raid.

Same with regular trials. Omega was overtuned at release but esper 3 stars and the reborn trials were created with 6 stars being the norm.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider

Knew this shit was gonna happen. Oh well. I blew my load on Fina so I dont even have any resources to chase sephi. I was planning on buying lapis for this banner but now its an easy pass. Will probo chase on my gf account tho since she has an OK

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I’m of mixed opinions regarding the Sephiroth step up.

First of all, there was no way in hell we were going to get the original step up banner Japan did with a 1.5x, 2x and 3x rate increase on various steps. That, simply, wasn’t going to happen. The lead producer and developers all said it was a mistake and that it was too generous. I can see why people would argue “But Japan got it so Global should too” but, ultimately, I never expected them to keep the format.

With that said I’m irked that they didn’t follow the current Japan format which is a pretty reasonable format. Step 1 moogle. Step 2 guaranteed banner 4 star. Step 3 guaranteed rainbow (it’s like using an EX ticket on the guaranteed so a banner rainbow is rare here). Step 4 a 90% ticket of disappointment and a 1.5x rate up (4.5% and 7.5% rainbow odds per crystal with the higher being the first gold or better). Step 5 is a guaranteed banner rainbow.

The only real difference is step 4 loses the rate up on global. It’s not a huge difference since we keep everything else but it’s annoying. I’m hoping they put that back in before it goes live but I’m not holding my breath.

Personally I’m planning to chase 2 Sephiroth on the step ups. My account is in phenomenal shape so I can afford to splurge this once. Sephiroth isn’t meta changing but he’s extremely strong. He chains with all major families and isn’t element locked like Fry. You’ll be reading how Lila is the stronger unit on the banner but that’s extremely misleading. She’s, potentially, stronger right now but she’s very difficult to build correctly. Especially in global where we have stacking restrictions. Also she’s obsolete as soon as 7 star becomes a thing. Sephiroth, on the other hand, is strong now and becomes even stronger in the 7 star meta. He’s still relevant today due to his solid stats and ability to chain with all relevant chainers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do we even know for sure if its going to be repeatable? It has to be repeatable right??

Molten Core Raider
I would imagine so, i mean, it would potentially be less money if they didnt let people go through the step up more than once.

Im not sure how hard I'm going to chase Seph. Ill probably do two or three 10+1s and drop some tickets but my box is overflowing with of options for teams so Im not sure how much of an upgrade he'd really be to anything.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
We are assuming you can repeat all steps a total of 3 times (total of 75k Lapis) similar to Japan but we don’t know for sure. It could be less or it could be more but I’m betting it will be the same.

On Japan my general rule of thumb is to not start a step up unless I can complete the full lap. The reason to pull on step up banners is still for the banner units. Other stuff along the way is just bonus. If you’re pulling just because you hope to see a lot of rainbows than you should wait for a step up where you want the banner rainbows.

If I don’t have the Lapis to fully commit to a full run of step ups I’ll use tickets instead. Primarily when it’s a Mog banner and I want some bonus.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Confirmed: We will be able to do 3 laps of the step up. Each step is 5k. Each lap is 25k. Doing all three laps will set you back 75k.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
How much is 75k lapis on dollars? This just seems fucking insanely expensive.