Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Got a rainbow from free 5% daily draw.

Zargabaath #1

I'd have rathered a blue unit with a useful TMR over that completely trash tier rainbow.

Molten Core Raider
Quiet you...

Screenshot_20180809-081420.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I guess knowing I'm not as bad off as some people makes me feel slightly better!

My apologies.... lol :(

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Three tickets to get the 3* TMR unit. I leveled up this morning, so I finished the entire story event already. Now for a week of zero content....

Really hope this month's trials are next week.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Is Zaarg already trash tier? I thought he was one of the better Support units out there.
Everything he does, someone else does better. Take a look at CG Nichol for example. His 7* form is an unknown because GL exclusive, so there's hope for people that like the unit.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Everything he does, someone else does better. Take a look at CG Nichol for example. His 7* form is an unknown because GL exclusive, so there's hope for people that like the unit.
Wait, CG Nichol is GL Exclusive? Fuuuuuuuuck, now that I have 4 I'm paranoid.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Sorry, guess that wasn't written very clearly. I meant CG Nichol is just a far better version of Zargabaath, but Zargabaath is the one that's GL Exclusive.

CG Nichol's 7* form is extremely good, just FYI, but he wasn't upgraded until the final batch in JP, so we probably won't get his 7* form until around December.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
So far, Gumi has shown a lot of love for GLEX units. I think 7* Zarg will be really good and should be released in the next batch.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
A lot of teams in the upper ranks of arena have been building really annoying teams lately involving multiple Awakened Rains so I had to adjust my arena team. The solution? Spark chaining 10 Ultima's per round:

Take that mr annoying whale!

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Got my 4th elfreeda from the 3* ex ticket today.

Her stmr, tomb raider materia, buster form and two Marshall gloves is 300% tdh.

Not sure it's there is ever a unit that would need all that. It will be nice when the increased stat cap gets raised though.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Sinzar Sinzar or anyone else need a specific unit setup for the 3* espers tomorrow?

My plan is to do Diabolos with 5x "budget" units and no friend, but if I find a properly geared Barbaricia I may take that instead of one of my Lexa (needs 60% dark resist, immune to paralyze). It's not critical though so I wouldn't reroll the list searching if it wasn't already offered.

For Tetra, I asked Gonzy to build me a Basch like THIS to use, but if I can't find him (or I fail the first attempt) then having another friend built the same way would be helpful (this is for a budget clear video obviously, Tetra is a joke if using a high end team). Key points for Basch are 150% fire/wind resist, status immunity, and as much spr/hp as possible.

With the story update, we should also get the next Madam Mansion boss (Undine) and if so, later in the day once I clear the story and unlock it, I'm going to be wanting a Trance Terra setup like THIS to beat Undine. That Terra build is just a template, the only key points are 100% water resist and full status immunity along with decent'ish spirit/hp.

Then if we also get a surprise Omega Trial, the friend I'm going to want is Tidus with fire immunity, confuse immunity, thunder weapon, and as much machine killer as possible. Something like THIS. (or as close to that as possible with the required immunities). 7* Lightning would actually be even better, but I hope no one used the vast amount of resources to max out a Lightning.... but if so, she works too.

Anyhow, that's my short list of desired friends depending what trials we get tomorrow :)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
My plan is to do Diabolos with 5x "budget" units and no friend, but if I find a properly geared Barbaricia I may take that instead of one of my Lexa (needs 60% dark resist, immune to paralyze). It's not critical though so I wouldn't reroll the list searching if it wasn't already offered.

I can have this up tomorrow, got done Victoria's TMR so I can do 60% Dark resist, and para immunity while keeping her above 1100 magic (I think, for sure above 1k). Is Barb good vs Diablo?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I can have this up tomorrow, got done Victoria's TMR so I can do 60% Dark resist, and para immunity while keeping her above 1100 magic (I think, for sure above 1k). Is Barb good vs Diablo?

That's awesome thanks. Also another minor point, if building her for my specific strat, please don't give her any camoflauge (for example, don't use Light Veritas TMR, etc).

Diabolos is a tricky boss, and there's a few ways to do it. I'm going to be doing it with a "budget" team using low end dps, so I have to do all the phases without any skipping. Lexa (with a Barb friend) is a nice, easy to build DPS, so that's why I'm using her. It's so I can post a guide for newer players to try to copy that doesn't involve a full rainbow team loaded down with TMR.

The common way to do Diabolos for vet players is to just load up with some holy chainers and push a threshold every single turn, which prevents him from doing his normal spells (which includes an AoE dispel). If you have enough DPS, units like Sephiroth and Orlandeau are much better for that fight. There's a threshold every 20%, so if you can knock off 20% per turn, the fight is extremely easy.

If you don't push a threshold every round, then after 50% he starts using AoE dispel as his first action, which removes all of your dark resist, provokes, and covers. Then he opens a can of beatdown on everyone..... it's annoying. I'm going to be using a passive provoke tank with evade (Ozetta) to handle it. That's the theory at least.... we'll see tomorrow if my idea works or not :)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
That's awesome thanks. Also another minor point, if building her for my specific strat, please don't give her any camoflauge (for example, don't use Light Veritas TMR, etc).

Diabolos is a tricky boss, and there's a few ways to do it. I'm going to be doing it with a "budget" team using low end dps, so I have to do all the phases without any skipping. Lexa (with a Barb friend) is a nice, easy to build DPS, so that's why I'm using her. It's so I can post a guide for newer players to try to copy that doesn't involve a full rainbow team loaded down with TMR.

The common way to do Diabolos for vet players is to just load up with some holy chainers and push a threshold every single turn, which prevents him from doing his normal spells (which includes an AoE dispel). If you have enough DPS, units like Sephiroth and Orlandeau are much better for that fight. There's a threshold every 20%, so if you can knock off 20% per turn, the fight is extremely easy.

If you don't push a threshold every round, then after 50% he starts using AoE dispel as his first action, which removes all of your dark resist, provokes, and covers. Then he opens a can of beatdown on everyone..... it's annoying. I'm going to be using a passive provoke tank with evade (Ozetta) to handle it. That's the theory at least.... we'll see tomorrow if my idea works or not :)

Cool, I'll toss her up now so you can check her out before server down. She's wearing Hairpin so she has full status immunity, 1117 Magic, and I have Malb tentacle so she'll have 50% M demon killer, too. 381 Spirit and 251 defense and 5419 HP and 80% dark resist. I can swap Malb's whisper materia for the trial one and get 1137 Magic and 400ish spirit but she drops to 4600 HP. (Not sure if you need her tankier, or if the extra bit of damage/spirit for her regen would be preferred if you're planning to use her to top off while you hunker down during a bad phase. )

Any case, let me know if you want the HP or the other, going to toss her up with the HP right now just because that's more universal. (Edit: Also I'm probably going to kill him on the train tomorrow, so if you make your vid around noon, I'll have 3 star Diablos in there, will make it so she has 125% magic demon killer).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Barb's tankiness is a non-factor on Diabolos. For normal turns she's going to be immune to all damage (60% dark resist minimum from gear, 40% more from Garnet's buff, and I'll be removing the imperils). For the turns where Diabolos dispels the tank's provoke, if he decides to melee Barb, she's going to be taking something like 8-15k damage so she's dead no matter what.

So after at least 60% dark resist and paralyze immunity, the rest of the gear can be pure glass cannon :)

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I setup a Barb as well. Sorry, I don't have the units or TMRs to setup the others. I could get close on Tidus, though.

IW today with swords, GS, whips. I am glad I saved orbs from last time. Gonna be busy with losts of weapons.

Last edited:
  • 1Like