Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
nothing from 35 tickets (only 5 4* rest being 3*), but 3 5* from the 11k and one was a hyoh. I'll wait a couple weeks and use my UoC on him to make a 7*. Also got 4th CG Fina and shadowlord :|

Kellim

Silver Knight of the Realm
Got super lucky today.

Daily pull, 2 3* EX tickets, 1 4* ticket, and the 11k step up and I got 2 Hyoh's. I already had 7* Awakened Rain, so I thought I'd try to get out on the cheap.

Grats to those of you who got what you wanted.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I wouldnt give up hope just yet. Two weeks of daily summons, free tickets from the story event, the 5+1 thing is coming up, there's more chances to pull without spending. If you get that first one, UoC can cover you for the second one then Bob's your uncle.

Plus, if that Memel0rd fella from reddit/exvius forums is to be believed, Nyx (the unit, not me), is capable of a higher damage output than Hyoh is with a Fixed Dice setup so there are other meta breaking options than just Hyoh.

Nope. I’m done. Gave it a lot of thought and that banner just broke me. If I had gotten one of him I’d have been able to UOC the second. But I used everything I had and didn’t get a single one.

Seeing all of these “I got lucky, used 3 tickets and pulled 4 of him” type posts just adds salt to the wound. So I’m taking my ball and going home.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Nope. I’m done. Gave it a lot of thought and that banner just broke me. If I had gotten one of him I’d have been able to UOC the second. But I used everything I had and didn’t get a single one.

Seeing all of these “I got lucky, used 3 tickets and pulled 4 of him” type posts just adds salt to the wound. So I’m taking my ball and going home.

I don't blame you, honestly. That was a shit ton of resources for nothing. There should be safeguards in the game to ensure a goal if someone saves that much, and you need 2 of them. I understand UoC is technically supposed to be the mitigation to seven star, but the problem of spending a massive amount and coming up dry was an issue before UoC, from what I've seen.

And given Gumi's UoC bullshit, this kind of thing is just worse. I know they "corrected course" and are now giving three a month (For now), but it all left a bad taste in my mouth, and a shit chance mechanic without some kind of progressive mitigation would have done me in. In the seven star era, spending like a whale (Even through spending or spending saved resources) should allow you a clear method of getting into position to burn a UOC, given how rare the latter is anyway. 7 star units are rare enough that accounting for someone spending months worth of resources or hundreds of dollars isn't going to flood the game with those units.

Anyway, sucks Angel, you always had great units up. Hope you might rethink it if Gumi continues to pull their head from their ass about certain stuff.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I know we are getting more free units with the 10+1 summons, but it feels way worse to get 10 blues than pulling a single one.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I got my 2nd Tidus from the free 10+1 today.

It's a great pull no doubt, but uh.... let's be honest.... he won't see much use on my teams anymore. He only had about a 1 month window of being meta in JP before he got powercreeped hard, and in GL his upgrade to 7 was delayed until after that powercreep already happened.

Oh well, I guess he's good to chain with Jecht if I get him down the road.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Free 10+1 gave me my first STMR. Genji helm from my 4th gilgamesh.

My hyoh is really sad right now though. Three more tmrs and he should be decent. Just need to finish his clothes, buster style and that agni sword.

I was very unprepared for this.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
popped a second hyoh on a 4* ticket, so I'm pretty excited...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Molten Core Raider
I returned to form with the 5+1 and the 10+1 after having to nearly break the bank for my Hyoh's Friday. I snagged Rem #8 and Squall #2 from the 5+1 and the 10+1 was Flame Veritas. If we ever get her, having two of Rem's STMR will be amazing.

• 1Like

Kellim

Silver Knight of the Realm
I got Squall #3 from the 5+1 Summon today which makes me wonder what I should do with my UoC ticket.

I have 7* Wilhelm and Awakened Rain to cover physical and magical cover + Provoke.

I have Ayaka ready to 7* this week when the 2nd batch comes out.

I have 7* Hyoh and Sephiroth, Freyvia, Onion Knight, Tidus, and Raegen are all ready for 7* for physical/hybrid chaining.

CG Nichol is ready for 7* for buffs.

Breaker, I only have 1 CG Lid, but I would think it'll be some time before her batch comes out, so I should have at least one more UoC by then.

CG Sakura would be more my magical finisher and she's ready for 7 star.

For magic chainers, I recently got my first TT. Aside from her, I have Rinoa at 7* and … Lexa I guess?

Should I use the UoC for Squall's STMR (to put on Hyoh), a second TT so I can 7* her, or just hold on to it for now?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Absolutely do not UOC for Squall's STMR. That is for meme videos only, but it's a terrible materia for actual day to day use.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Honestly, sit on those tickets. Just be patient and hang onto them until something you absolutely have to have is out that you didn't pull.

You have a 7* Hyoh. The battle is over. You have the big daddy meta shifting dps, you don't need to spend the UoC tickets on anything else really.

Now that said, Trance Terra is an amazing 7* unit, but unless you plan to use her over Hyoh, just sit on the one you have for now and hope you pull another. I'd bet my lunch money that this weeks banner will be filled to the brim with the units in the second batch of 7*s.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was thinking about gettiong a 4th TT with my UoC for 2 7* TTs to chain with but I guess Ill follow the same advice. I dont like anything to be challenging

• 1Solidarity

Molten Core Raider
I was thinking about gettiong a 4th TT with my UoC for 2 7* TTs to chain with but I guess Ill follow the same advice. I dont like anything to be challenging

I was thinking this same thing for a while, but what snapped me out of it was the question "can I sufficiently gear up two Trance Terra's better than someone on my friends list can gear up one?" Right now with the 300% stat cap, yes probably I could, but once the cap is bumped up to 400%, that's a whole different story. I'm not sure the eta on that but Im not excited about burning the resources and tickets for a temporary setup. Plus, factor in that I'm not sure I'd have room for two on my team for the harder content I don't see much point in burning the tickets.

I loved running two Terra's and a friend Terra for stuff like Malboro to just melt the thing, but the game is shifting away from the sorts of bosses you can bully your way past with raw power. The need for breaker, buffers, magic and physical tanks, mana batteries, and all around support units is growing. It's getting harder for me to squeeze in more than one chainer.

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Going forward, trials typically fall into two categories. Either you're ultimate whale enough to OTK everything (example of a whale team completely facerolling the trial we're getting next month viewable Here) or you can barely fit two DPS in because you have to go ultra defensive to even live at all.

Because 98% of friends are setup as a DPS, that means you only need one DPS of your own for general content. I would never recommend anyone UOC a second DPS for a role they already have covered.

• 1Like