Genshin Impact

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Secondary team: Razor, Xiangling, Noelle, and Kaeya/Lisa/MC. Amber

Dual Pyro comp means Razor and Noelle have a permanent +25% ATK boost and Xiangling/Amber will recharge their ults faster, plus more Overload reactions. This is my ideal Razor-focused team, though swapping Amber out for Bennett could also be really good.

My main dps is geo MC and Amber because I’m a stubborn bastard and want to demonstrate that properly geared characters are viable.

This is fairly easy to do with Amber, she gets insane amounts of ATK from leveling normally so her aimed shots and ult will always hit like a truck, but what you really want to do is get her second constellation. Until we have access to Klee with her 4th constellation, a Baron Bunny manual detonation crit that triggers a Melt reaction is the single hardest-hitting ability in the entire game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Yes. I pretty much use everything that's 1* and 2* as fodder, haven't had too many shortages yet but being judicious on only doing a few items (usually ATK artifacts) and not taking anything above lvl 4.

I think that's something that people have noticed was missing, some universal artifact level up material, like there are for characters or weapons.

On my end, just made it to AR 22 last night and got Xiangling from the Abyss. Forced me to commit to some ;vl 40s but got it done. I was underleveled when I did Stormterror the night before and didn't know all the mechanics so that wasn't pleasant.

My team is now: MC (wind), Fischl, Xiangling, and Barbara. Thinking it's time to replace the MC with a Cryo character (Chongyun) for better elemental combos. I was leaning on the MC because I pulled a 4* sword earlier that gave a bonus flat 66 ATK but looks like the lack of scaling is finally starting to make it level off. Thoughts?
That's what I am running: Fischl, Xian, Chongyun and Barbara. I'm AR24. It works well. Not the best characters but the best ones I have lol. It helped a lot to get Chongyun a decent weapon finally. He is still the weakest link but I only really use him for situational stuff...and mining. I'm only playing the game casually so I can't really tell you about the Abyss post 3rd level but I can handle pretty much everything fine up to there. It feels like AR24/25 is the softcap for non-paying folks like me (although I like the game enough to probably drop some money this weekend).

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still have no idea how I should set up my two teams for Abyss. I've got Diluc, Venti, Fischl, Bennett, and Ningguang, plus all the f2p units everyone has. I'll probably buy Razor once I get the gems, but kind of doubt that will happen soon enough to add him to the pool of potentials. I feel like I should probably find a use for Bennett seeing as the gacha trolled me this morning and I got two Lion's Roar swords in a row while trying to pull more Barbara dupes. :(

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I still have no idea how I should set up my two teams for Abyss. I've got Diluc, Venti, Fischl, Bennett, and Ningguang, plus all the f2p units everyone has. I'll probably buy Razor once I get the gems, but kind of doubt that will happen soon enough to add him to the pool of potentials. I feel like I should probably find a use for Bennett seeing as the gacha trolled me this morning and I got two Lion's Roar swords in a row while trying to pull more Barbara dupes. :(

Team 1: Diluc, Fischl, Xiangling, Venti. Constant Overload procs plus Venti shenanigans for big AoE damage, and Diluc will put out huge damage due to double Pyro. If survivability becomes an issue, swap out Xiangling for Barbara.

Team 2: Bennett, Kaeya, Amber, Noelle. Bennett actually works quite well as a main DPS due to the low cooldown of his E. Kaeya's ability to apply Cryo means that Bennett can unleash some insane charged Es for huge Melt reactions, or you can just use his non-charged E for damage bursts every 4 seconds. Popping his ult increases his damage further, or you can combine it with Noelle's ult to give her insane ATK power and huge AoE for a decent amount of time. Amber is slotted in just to enable the 25% ATK bonus, but she can also deal some decent burst damage with her ult.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Team 1: Diluc, Fischl, Xiangling, Venti. Constant Overload procs plus Venti shenanigans for big AoE damage, and Diluc will put out huge damage due to double Pyro. If survivability becomes an issue, swap out Xiangling for Barbara.

Team 2: Bennett, Kaeya, Amber, Noelle. Bennett actually works quite well as a main DPS due to the low cooldown of his E. Kaeya's ability to apply Cryo means that Bennett can unleash some insane charged Es for huge Melt reactions, or you can just use his non-charged E for damage bursts every 4 seconds. Popping his ult increases his damage further, or you can combine it with Noelle's ult to give her insane ATK power and huge AoE for a decent amount of time. Amber is slotted in just to enable the 25% ATK bonus, but she can also deal some decent burst damage with her ult.

Interesting. I assume for Team 2 Bennett would need to be leveled fully to be main dps, but I could probably skimp a lot on leveling Kaeya and Amber? Noelle I really don't know anything about aside from her being a tank.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Interesting. I assume for Team 2 Bennett would need to be leveled fully to be main dps, but I could probably skimp a lot on leveling Kaeya and Amber? Noelle I really don't know anything about aside from her being a tank.

I wouldn't call Noelle a "tank," that role doesn't exist in this game. Primarily, Noelle is a healer/defensive support: her E is a damage shield that applies to whoever your active character is. If Noelle is currently benefitting from this shield, her attacks have a 50% chance to heal your entire party, scaling with her DEF.

What makes Noelle awesome her ult. While her her ult is up, she gains bonus ATK equal to 40% of her DEF. This gives her a 15 second window where she turns into an absolute monster, especially with a Whiteblind equipped. (Crafted greatsword that gives a stacking ATK and DEF buff.)

As far as leveling goes, you would primarily be investing in Bennett and Noelle, but if you have the additional resources you can pump up Amber and Kaeya's ATK and Elemental Recharge. Elemental Mastery wouldn't be good on this team as Melt scales very poorly with it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Co Op event starting late tonight or tomorrow. You can matchmake for it, or invite friends (I think). You have to spend 20 resin to claim the reward for the encounter, if you want, its like a slightly better Ley Line of Revelation (100ar, xp books). Amount of xp books depends on the World Level you get placed into. There will be an event adventure book with more rewards based on how well you do (these rewards are independent of the event encounter, so no need to claim the encounter rewards to reach/claim the book rewards).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Dumbass me completely forgot those challenge dungeons existed after the 1st tutorial so had like every one available to do. Hah!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Video showing around 29 hidden chests obtainable via mining:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
So I got a 5 star on the venti banner at around 75 pulls and just to clarify, this resets the guaranteed 5 star per 90 counter?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep, and if it wasn't venti then your next 5* is guaranteed to be him.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm curious, but could some of you head down to Liyue Harbor and see what ship is at the location in the below pic:

ship.jpg

I was following a video showing 34 chests in Harbor, and the vid had a different ship at this location, with 2 chests. Odd.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm curious, but could some of you head down to Liyue Harbor and see what ship is at the location in the below pic:

View attachment 309708

I was following a video showing 34 chests in Harbor, and the vid had a different ship at this location, with 2 chests. Odd.
That’s the same boat I see, but there is a bigger boat at sea that has 2 chests and a geoculus.

I can’t imagine watching videos to find chests, that sounds incredibly boring.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That’s the same boat I see, but there is a bigger boat at sea that has 2 chests and a geoculus.

I can’t imagine watching videos to find chests, that sounds incredibly boring.
Its a 12m video, quick and simple. As for the boat, I know the one you're talking about, but its not the one I was asking about. Just strange that they had a different ship there. Vid:

Can see it at 9:28m.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is the event super laggy/buggy for you guys too? People not able to pickup cubes, can't turn in.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I had it come up on PS4 after maybe 5-6 games. Quick close and re-enter fixed it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is the event super laggy/buggy for you guys too? People not able to pickup cubes, can't turn in.
At first it was, but after 3 runs it became smooth and quick. Took a few times to actually get credit for a sub 3m run on WL4 though. Quickest run I took part in was 2:23m.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I took part in a 2:15 run. But your world level has to match the world level of the host to get credit for the reward.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Had things come together for a 2:47 and got credit for the achievement. I think the lineup was Fischl, Chongyun, Xiangling, and Jean. Wasn't going to chase too hard after the achievement since there's definitely some RNG in terms of the makeup of your PUG and how hey match up against the mage spawn.