Genshin Impact

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I've not seen, or heard of that being the case. It will always be "if you don't get the banner character the first time, you get it the second"... reset... repeat.

Their text must be incorrect then.

1604194785582.png

edit: I posted some other stuff I misunderstood, but I stand by I think only the first is a guarantee. I'd be interested to know if its differnet though.

It could be bad translation, but I'm going by the rules they post.

Last edited:

elidib

Vyemm Raider
needed a couple more starglitter for bennett, figured i'd just spend some gems to get that. ended up getting pretty close to the pity timer before i got enough starglitter so i figured id spend a few more gems. Got klee out of the deal, pretty happy. except when i realize i now have to spend weeks farming nothing but leylines and fire mats in order to get them both up to a useable level.

Also got the second constellation for sucrose, making her actually viable now, and c1 for xingqiu, making him actually viable as well.

Hard decisions ahead for who to invest in. Wish mihoyo would get off their ass and just make both leylines free

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Handy image here:
heres_every_resource.jpg

If you're planning on getting any of the new characters to lvl80, you'll need to spend the next 13 days spending 180 resin each day on: 6 ley lines (xp books), 1 boss and 1 domain (talent book). That should get you all the XP books, Ascension materials and several Talent books...though that does not include the mora cost. Mora cost for lvling up, ascensions, and talents should total around 1.4mil (to lvl80 and lvl6 talents).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Got my sucrose to 60 ascend. Love her in abyss. Having venti on one team and her in the other is $$$.

I got a beidou with the 5 glitter fates on reset. Anyone have her and comment if she's worth building for a second electro?

I can't bring myself to level kaeya, lisa, amber. My last two chars to hit 60 would be bennet (c1 when I buy the store one) and potentially beidou (c0) since I can't pull a keqing to save my life and I am done spending.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beidou is fairly decent, but unless you have c4 (I think it is) where getting hit adds electro dmg to her normal attacks, not sure if she would be a reliable source of electro. Her E skill is pretty godly though once you get used to the timing. If you have Razor, level him up and have him be 2nd team carry, he is really good. I would kinda love Kaeya dupes, his basic attacks seem to scale up higher than any other Sword user (from what I can tell), another underrated character.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Most of the characters in this game are great, you're just pigeonholed for some stupid fucking design reason, to using just a few of them.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Managed a Wolf's Gravestone off the weapon banner for my Diluc. Im so damn lucky my only two 5* rolls have been the main character I wanted and a weapon for him.

Too bad I have no gold to level it up. My Fischl is stuck at 72 with no gold/xp books to finish her up too. The grind is insane now that I am AR40.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Almost got my Razor / General DPS set finished for "good enough" right now. Most of my Gladiator pieces are ATK% + CR/CD + Ele/HP% which seems good enough for me. Just missing a Goblet with decent rolls. Thinking about dropping the 5th piece for anything that has Crit Rate+ primary rather than ATK%.

Might move over to farm Viridescent or Thundering Fury for Venty/Fischl support sets next.

Probably won't hit 45 for 1.1 since all I'm doing is logging in to use Resin on Anemo Hypo and do a couple of dailies. BP will be capped tomorrow.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I really don't recommend farming artifacts pre 45 unless you are trying to push abyss super hard. Doing just enough to ensure you can clear open world stuff and then farming mora/weapon mats or if still needed talent/xp books is the way to go. It's a guaranteed legendary at 45 and the increase to the other stuff at 45 is either very minimal by comparison or doesn't increase at all.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Just make sure that you have a character leveled up enough to be relevant in AR 45 domains. I'm only at the AR 40 ones now but they are sort of tough and I often find myself having to carry others when I run co-op.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
AR45 could get rid of the terrible 80/20 split on getting 3-substat legendaries versus 4-sub roll legendaries and I'd be happy.

LOL at the mong bitching about this being a primarily gambling game. Dude doesn't understand that they need *some* kind of monetization. They just chose well.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
AR45 could get rid of the terrible 80/20 split on getting 3-substat legendaries versus 4-sub roll legendaries and I'd be happy.

LOL at the mong bitching about this being a primarily gambling game. Dude doesn't understand that they need *some* kind of monetization. They just chose well.
I've dropped a bit in Gacha games, but don't really want to spend a ton on this one because the resin system is shit and the odds of rolling a 5* are shit. Even rolling a 4* feels like shit. I realize they don't have much character development for duplicates beyond Constellations, so the need for duplicates is smaller, but there doesn't feel like much reward in throwing primogen into the Gacha...

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Honestly a guarantee in 90 rolls is pretty good. E7 has it in 120, and a few others don't even give you a pity, or there is a hidden algorithm to increase your odds.

The reason 90 feels like ass is because they are the jewiest (?) at giving you repeatable f2p (or p2p) options of good primogem income. Getting 1/2 a pull a day for free is awful, and chests are an even worse and limited way of getting more. They need to embrace more and larger rewards of primogems and easier paths towards getting heroes to mid-high tier advancement. Their treadmill for extending gameplay (resin and absurd cost to level heroes) just makes it a chore at best and disincentivizes people from pulling on banners knowing they can't use their fancy new heroes at worst.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Their treadmill for extending gameplay (resin and absurd cost to level heroes) just makes it a chore at best and disincentivizes people from pulling on banners knowing they can't use their fancy new heroes at worst.

That's my thinking as well. At AR42 I have a hard time to level up the four main characters I use to max stats (still 79, 76, 70, 70). Basically need to use a full days worth of resin to get gold, to use a full days worth of resin for exp books to gain one or two levels past 70. Then there is the resin use to get talent books which at world level 5 and level 70 "dungeon" you get 2 per run, so you can get 12 talent books per day (need 9 to level up the last one before the require other materials).

There is basically no content past AR 36 that gives any tangible rewards other than what costs resin.

The total combination of what is needed to level up a single character is crazy, especially once you've done all the content there is and you no longer find chests or do quests or level up your adventure rank regularly. Then you also have to use resin to get artefacts to be able to meld them into the artefacts you use because you no longer find chests.

I'd be more happy to get a dupe of my current characters for a constellation upgrade rather than getting a new character at this point, but getting a character you want from the standard banner is extremely unlikely and once 1.1 drops, that chance lowers even more.

I get the resin limitation in terms of they want money as you can also buy gems, covert them to primogems and then use those for resin (which then again increases in cost every time you convert prima to resin). However, in the end the total cost for how you level up characters acts more of a disincentive than a motivation to spend money on pulls for new characters.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Honestly a guarantee in 90 rolls is pretty good. E7 has it in 120, and a few others don't even give you a pity, or there is a hidden algorithm to increase your odds.

The reason 90 feels like ass is because they are the jewiest (?) at giving you repeatable f2p (or p2p) options of good primogem income. Getting 1/2 a pull a day for free is awful, and chests are an even worse and limited way of getting more. They need to embrace more and larger rewards of primogems and easier paths towards getting heroes to mid-high tier advancement. Their treadmill for extending gameplay (resin and absurd cost to level heroes) just makes it a chore at best and disincentivizes people from pulling on banners knowing they can't use their fancy new heroes at worst.

90 rolls in a gacha game with no other incentive and no guarantee of outcome is absolute garbage. I'd spend more on this game if it were like PSO2's system where you get things based on number pulled, with occasional (albeit rare) guarantees thrown in there where you can control what you get.

Let's also not fucking kid ourselves -- 90 rolls to get a guaranteed 5 star, then making multiple 5 star items a possibility is a further slap in the face. Their upcoming banner that will feature female characters with Jean, Keqing, Qiqi is going to be laughable. So many people are going to roll for one of those specifically and the 1 in 90 is going to result in 66% of the time they won't get what they want. You're looking at 240 rolls on average, to get the 5 star you want. That's about $500.

No fucking thanks.

If anyone thinks this game is a good deal, go look at that guy that compared the $20,000 account to the $15 account. The $20,000 account was just barely better, the only clear advantage was having all the C4-C6 5 stars, which is fucking worthless when you can't even level them all up. That account did, only because he also burned a fuckload of primos on replenishing resin every day getting exp books.

This is probably the worst value gacha game in existence, including on mobile, by a longshot. Every game feature is designed to get you to spend money, even basic leveling up of your characters. You are given almost nothing free outside of the one-time things, and they throw a fuckload of them in your face to hook you in, and then once that's dried up they give you nothing. Their events are garbage tier, needing no time at all to complete, but lasting too long, and all are uninteresting. That last one on the traveler was fucking dumb.

The crucible was the best event they have ever done and even that is over in 2-3 hours and you don't have to touch it again. Nothing is grindable in this game without spending money. The value in this game is just.. its just so fucking bad compared to every other gacha game I've ever touched, it's not even close.

And that's a damn shame, because the game itself is so good.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
90 rolls in a gacha game with no other incentive and no guarantee of outcome is absolute garbage. I'd spend more on this game if it were like PSO2's system where you get things based on number pulled, with occasional (albeit rare) guarantees thrown in there where you can control what you get.

Let's also not fucking kid ourselves -- 90 rolls to get a guaranteed 5 star, then making multiple 5 star items a possibility is a further slap in the face. Their upcoming banner that will feature female characters with Jean, Keqing, Qiqi is going to be laughable. So many people are going to roll for one of those specifically and the 1 in 90 is going to result in 66% of the time they won't get what they want. You're looking at 240 rolls on average, to get the 5 star you want. That's about $500.

No fucking thanks.

If anyone thinks this game is a good deal, go look at that guy that compared the $20,000 account to the $15 account. The $20,000 account was just barely better, the only clear advantage was having all the C4-C6 5 stars, which is fucking worthless when you can't even level them all up. That account did, only because he also burned a fuckload of primos on replenishing resin every day getting exp books.

This is probably the worst value gacha game in existence, including on mobile, by a longshot. Every game feature is designed to get you to spend money, even basic leveling up of your characters. You are given almost nothing free outside of the one-time things, and they throw a fuckload of them in your face to hook you in, and then once that's dried up they give you nothing. Their events are garbage tier, needing no time at all to complete, but lasting too long, and all are uninteresting. That last one on the traveler was fucking dumb.

The crucible was the best event they have ever done and even that is over in 2-3 hours and you don't have to touch it again. Nothing is grindable in this game without spending money. The value in this game is just.. its just so fucking bad compared to every other gacha game I've ever touched, it's not even close.

And that's a damn shame, because the game itself is so good.
I mean you are entitled to your opinion but having worked in the mobile gacha industry the rates aren't as bad as you are claiming. The fact that it is a persistent pity is also nice. I dipped my toes in Puzz/Dragon and Summoner War with abysmal rates comparatively.

The content and lack of viable primogem sourcing is a problem. The gacha environment itself isn't bad.

Saying a $20k account and a $15 account are similar only speaks to the point that you dont have to spend. It is elective and I think its interesting that the game is relatively well balanced around that fact.

Obviously difficulty scales and we haven't seen what they have in store for players in future updates, but I'm glad I dont have to drop $20k to feel like I can compete.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch Notes (sorta) for 1.1 released today:

1.1 Notes

Looks like they got the keyboard / controller customization into 1.1, which is great. A new quest will allow players to get Barbara for free (even those who finished the previous event) going forward. No mention of additional resin changes beyond the new cap.