Genshin Impact

Chris

Potato del Grande
Probably going to hit Adventure lv40 today, any tips on starting artifact grinding?

My artifacts are unoptimised trash, basicaly levelled the first epic Scholars/Berserkers etc sets I got regardless of stats, so four sets between lv8 and lv12, even have a few blues on one set.

Lets say I want to farm the Viridesent Set for Sucrose, do I level up the first good epic I get with the main stat I'm looking for, then use it as fuel for any better legendary I get later on? Or do I just wait for the first good legendary?

I saw somewhere that you keep 90% of your exp if you merge levelled artifacts, is that right?

I've finished all the quests I think, so hopefully I don't need to wait for adventure level 45, as it'll be daily quests only.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Really hard to answer that question, as it depends on where you're starting from (what you already have)

Sets like gladiators, scholars, exile, are good starting points that don't require artifact domains

This guy's series of character guide covers artifact sets (and a lot more) for each character: Characters - Genshin Impact - Traveler.gg
They're not perfect but pretty good information overall

In answer to your specific question, I didn't level any purples unless they had the main stat I was looking for, AND I needed it to complete a 2 or 4 set bonus. At AR 45, you generally are guaranteed to get at least one yellow artifact per run (2 with condensed resin). I didn't even touch the artifact domains until AR 45. And even then, I needed to do co-op at first to clear some of the harder ones (crimson witch) until my characters were powerful enough to do them solo.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I did some artifact runs between 40 and 45 and don't regret it. Yes, your returns are 1/3rd what they would be at 45, but getting SOME decent artifacts will help greatly because if you step into those domains at 45 with trash sets under level 16, you'll get slaughtered. You could always get carried in multiplayer, or have a higher level friend help in coop though.

Yes, use epics until you get a legendary to replace it and then feed the epic into it. A lvl 16 epic gets a legendary to lvl 14.

Just don't use any fragile resins at that level.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I did some artifact runs between 40 and 45 and don't regret it. Yes, your returns are 1/3rd what they would be at 45, but getting SOME decent artifacts will help greatly because if you step into those domains at 45 with trash sets under level 16, you'll get slaughtered. You could always get carried in multiplayer, or have a higher level friend help in coop though.

Yes, use epics until you get a legendary to replace it and then feed the epic into it. A lvl 16 epic gets a legendary to lvl 14.

Just what I was looking for, thanks. I've used very few fragile resin so I'll keep them for 45.

Edit: Can't clear it anyway lol. Actually got within a few seconds with food buff so I'll have to try again.

Fucking electric bitch just wouldn't die.

Last edited:

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
You might be better off until AR45 just grinding mini bosses over and over for the character ascension gems. You pick up some artifacts that way. You want your main team to 70 ascended/unlocked, not necessary to level to 80 if you are strapped for books/mora. Grinding your main carry dps to 80 and ascending them is worthwhile too, but again can skip leveling from 80-90 at first. It takes a LOT of boss kills for the 6 gold ascension gems.

Find + elemental damage % artifacts for the 4th slot, which are worth leveling up to at least +12 even at purple. This slot is usually the one that doesn't match the sets because the + element damage is more important. Use the other 4 slots for set bonuses.

The next event is supposed to have double leyline rewards. That should be a pretty good use of resin too.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Really hard to answer that question, as it depends on where you're starting from (what you already have)

Sets like gladiators, scholars, exile, are good starting points that don't require artifact domains

This guy's series of character guide covers artifact sets (and a lot more) for each character: Characters - Genshin Impact - Traveler.gg

In answer to your specific question, I didn't level any purples unless they had the main stat I was looking for, AND I needed it to complete a 2 or 4 set bonus. At AR 45, you generally are guaranteed to get at least one yellow artifact per run (2 with condensed resin). I didn't even touch the artifact domains until AR 45. And even then, I needed to do co-op at first to clear some of the harder ones (crimson witch) until my characters were powerful enough to do them solo.
That dude's write-ups are exactly what I was looking for and they are actually funny. Thanks

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

Of course getting artifacts earlier helps, but I don't think the game is difficult enough to need it.

I haven't used any fragile resin yet at AR52/WL7, so most of my artifacts are below average. I farmed domains with regular resin regen for Keqing and now Ganyu, but still use a lot of gladiator pieces since you get those on the side, and have zero pieces I would call good enough. But the current event is the first content that feels really challenging, and that's because you self-inflict all matter of penalties to increase your score.

I can't one-round Stormterror and use some food for Childe. But well, I do those once a week and it is still easy but takes me a minute longer? I'm fine with that. I think to a certain degree, the chase for better artifacts is a trap. You need them good enough to do content, but after that I prefer to also work on weapons and talents and bringing up more characters to a useful state.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I have a C6 Fischl, but haven't used her in combination with Ganyu before because Fischl is friendship level 10 so using other characters.

But teamed them up now.

Fischl's raven, which triggers its attack when other characters elemental attack as well (good with Mona normal attack spam), triggers per shard that hits from Ganyus ultimate.

I just used it on Childe (level 90 version).I did Bennets ult under him, summoned raven, swapped to Barbara and back to Ganyu for the attack buff from book Barbara has. His HP bar just continuously dropped by 10-20k (5-10k per shard hit followed by raven hitting for 5k - 10k every time a shard hit every second). His first two phases melted away.

That can't be working as intended.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Fischl phase 4 talent is crazy good for teams that can stack electro elemental reactions.

There is a pretty ridiculous combination that simply utilizes fischl dropping oz and then having sucrose spam normal attacks for swirl reactions that each trigger the, 80% of fischl's attack, electro damage.

I bet ganyu, albedo, fischl and venti/ sucrose would be pretty bonkers as well.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I've been following his guides as well. I found his stuff on reddit where he also posts. The link has all guides. I like it as well because you can read people's discussions on why certain things work and what doesn't. Genshin is very funky in that many skills don't work the way you would expect them to.
The next event is supposed to have double leyline rewards. That should be a pretty good use of resin too.
If I'm not mistaken the double leyline rewards are limited to three a day.

----------------------

I was 40 away from pitty so I decided to roll for Ganyu and got her and Xingqui (which I needed) in the same roll. Is Xingqui worth building up for reactions? My only other water char is Barbara who I've been using. I already have 6 lvl 80's and 2 lvl 70's. Leveling up two more characters is going to hurt.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Xingqui is great the same way that Albedo is great - they're just fire and forget free dps. Pop their skills, switch off of them, and still reap their full benefit while you're going ham on your main dps. Xingqui relies on his burst for that while Albedo only needs his E, so he will struggle in those levels of abyss where your burst is drained, but he is amazing for any other content.

Chris

Potato del Grande
No Ganyu but now I have a C4 Noelle, is she worth building?

I'm probably going to get Baidou as the free pick as I have no Electro character other than Lisa, but I feel like having 3 Claymore characters is too much? (I have Chongyun too).

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Noelle doesn't particularly shine until C6 since she gets 50% of her defense as attack, but I mean every character is usable for general play.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I managed to get up to 60 pity with no Ganyu. I had no intent on spending any more money on the game than the $10 battle pass and $5 per month daily gems blessing, but I caved and got $30 in primos last night since I was so close... but no luck. When the Ganyu banner started I pulled a 45ish pity Diluc. Looks like I'll be 50/50 on Xiao. He seems to be as equally OP as Ganyu, but I wanted a solid ice character.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
no, you'll be 100% on Xiao if the last character you got on Ganyu's banner was Diluc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Ah, I just assumed the 50% chance of the banner 5* or old 5* reset with the banner.
No I think they reset based on the type of banner, not the actual banner.

I am skipping Xiao. Waiting for the Pryo spear user that hopefully will be the third (still unknown) banner of 1.3 since the first two banners are only two weeks and they have a six week release schedule. Though probably won't get her since I have only saved up around 30 pulls so far and the last pull I had was Ganyu, so could be 180 pulls away from a guarantee from the banner.

Got a second Skyward bow on my standard. Didn't like that. Missing so many 5* weapons and characters that it's a shame to get a dupe, especially of a weapon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
For fucking real. I got my first 5* dupe yesterday on the standard banner (keqing). Feelsbadman. Every survey i answer that there needs to be a toggle between allowing dupes but no new characters (if youre trying to build constellations) and no-dupes (if youre trying to get new characters). At $200 per pity fuck the RNG of it.

I cant complain too much though, I've had pretty good banner luck, at tgis point I'm only missing diluc and childe.

I am retarded and am treating this game like pokemon - gotta catch em all - so ill blow all my saved gems on xiaos banner in the hopes of winning my 50/50. At least I'll be able to save up through keqing's banner. Diluc banner when???

I haven't spent a single gem on the weapons banners, even though i should be dumping all my wishes there if i was smart.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
For fucking real. I got my first 5* dupe yesterday on the standard banner (keqing). Feelsbadman. Every survey i answer that there needs to be a toggle between allowing dupes but no new characters (if youre trying to build constellations) and no-dupes (if youre trying to get new characters). At $200 per pity fuck the RNG of it.

I cant complain too much though, I've had pretty good banner luck, at tgis point I'm only missing diluc and childe.

I am retarded and am treating this game like pokemon - gotta catch em all - so ill blow all my saved gems on xiaos banner in the hopes of winning my 50/50. At least I'll be able to save up through keqing's banner. Diluc banner when???

I haven't spent a single gem on the weapons banners, even though i should be dumping all my wishes there if i was smart.
I also incline towards catch em all and haven’t spent a single wish on a weapons banner. I was gonna skip ganyu before she released and turned out to be OP. Now I’ll be missing Childe and Ganyu from limited banners. Xiao seems guaranteed for me. I figure at some point they’re going to cycle the limited banners back around.