Hawaii

Vinen

God is dead
my favorite beach is secret/wedding beach
Makena Cove, 6468, 6538 Makena Road, Kihei, HI 96753

It basically has room for like probably like 8 famlies max, tho the 2x i've been there it was only myself and one other couple and usually a wedding photographer and couple (probably the best place for taking these pics)

Don't go in the water, you'll probably die tho.

May check it out. That looks like a great place to get ripped to shreds on the rocks.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There are pretty much no beaches at all in Hawaii that are perfect for playing. The exception being the walled beach in Waikiki. Everywhere else, Coral shows up right around 10 feet off the shore, and that coral goes on indefinitely. The constant oceans movement makes you always moving across said coral, cutting your legs and feet. You could wear aqua shoes, but really, who wants to do that?

Just get ready to probably cut yourself (a lot) if you're in the ocean. You'll be safe in pools, but the ocean is relentless.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I wouldn't worry about it. Even days out here that are "nothing but rain" according to the forecast are still really beautiful with only a little rain.

It rains out here a lot, but it's always in short bursts. You'll have a torrential downpour for 5-6 minutes, then nothing. Or a light rain that lasts an hour. It's really not bad at all.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Of course, I check the weather for Kauai next week and see nothing but fucking rain.

Exactly how our honeymoon looked and we freaked. It'll rain from 2:05 to 2:08 and you won't be able to tell it rained at all by 2:30

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Exactly. It's odd how all of the rain completely dries up, except for like... 1 puddle hidden in the shade. It's not even really hot out here, but everything becomes completely dry.

Vinen

God is dead
I wouldn't worry about it. Even days out here that are "nothing but rain" according to the forecast are still really beautiful with only a little rain.

It rains out here a lot, but it's always in short bursts. You'll have a torrential downpour for 5-6 minutes, then nothing. Or a light rain that lasts an hour. It's really not bad at all.

Pretty much accurate. All the rain which occurred on Maui in the area I was staying last week (Northwestern corner) was in the middle of the night or when the sun was out :O

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Kauai is the most peaceful place that I've ever been. Goddamn, that was a nice honeymoon getaway and a hell of a switch when we landed back in LA.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm glad to hear it. How was the rain? And were the frogs out there as well? I know they're all over the big island.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
It wasn't too bad except for Sunday. Basically like you guys said, it would rain for 5-10 minutes and after an hour you couldn't tell. We saw only a couple of frogs but they weren't loud...the roosters on the other hand...

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Some pics;

Actually hiked all the way down to one of the cliffs on the on the Na Pali coast. Pretty god damn amazing. Though unless you have a 4wd to drive down the trail, it can be a bit of a hike. 9 miles or so round trip + 2000 feet of elevation change. Worth it though;
5bGApS0.jpg

xq1EyOQ.jpg

t3I0ZLA.jpg

bnpREfn.jpg

OP3rsDD.jpg

npgytdU.jpg
Queens Bath was a washing machine unfortunately. Would look good for 2-3 minutes then a wave would completely wash it out;
zkHw4z7.jpg

YhslVjT.jpg
Waterfalls all over the damn place;
K43XOOu.jpg

Gt3XWJS.jpg
Highlight was definitely the cruise to the Na Pali coast. Didnt get to go snorkeling on the coast due to waves. Amazed my Note 4 took pictures as good as it did on this considering the winter surf and the atmospheric conditions;
nxGr63b.jpg

think I hiked to the middle cliff
BJLXmdM.jpg

bHzOdvL.jpg

QPb5YkF.jpg

usvZpRW.jpg

bottom;
KFpaldw.jpg

top;
XLLUhpj.jpg

zfVS95p.jpg
Waimea canyon is like a good 2 days worth of sight seeing, especially if you love to hike. Tons and tons of places to pull off and take in the view along with trails to hike down;
gsVLwCa.jpg

W6kjPY1.jpg

Highly recommend some type of swimming gloves and socks if youre going to snorkel. Wore my my gloves the entire time and didnt get a single scratch but the one day I didnt wear my socks I ended up with a cut on my foot.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Picasso3

Her pussy was probably chafed from all that hiking. we wouldn't fuck for 2 years if we hiked 9 miles

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Heading to Maui in May. Staying first half of trip at hotel wailea, second half at the 4 seasons. Seems like renting a car is the way to go, any advice on snorkeling in Maui? Seems like tiger shark attacks are fairly common, so that's kinda sketchy.

Haven't been in decade plus, but I kinda remember wailea being really built up right? Going to try to get my wife some surf lessons, seems like Maui surf chicks would be a decent option. Pretty pumped, Zika kinda screws you on beach vacation locales..

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Is that the black rock on Kaanapali Beach? If so, that looks good. Did you guys do Honolua Bay by chance? That also looks decent and accessible by shore, which is kinda what we want.

Picasso3

I think so. It's the only place we went but i could have done it a few more days and not gotten bored. There was so much stuff around that point it was unbelievable. Huge sea turtles.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just booked our flight for Kauai for 2 weeks in October. Hawaii has been on our "must do" list before we leave the west coast. And I've done a lot of work in support of stuff at Barking Sands and everyone says Kauai is probably the best fit for us (we'll likely make a second trip and go to the Big Island at some point).

Planning on doing a lot of hiking. The Na Pali hike we're just doing to the waterfall. My wife couldn't do Angel's Landing in Zion due to the heights, so Na Pali is out of the question. We're also probably going to splurge for a helicopter ride over the coast.

We bought the blue book for Kauai, and so we've got a few hikes around the island planned. We'll also try to hit a botanical garden (unsure which) and a luau (also unsure which one, and this will likely be the only one we ever do, just to say we did).

I'm also finally going to do a damn surfing lesson. You'd think living in California I'd do it, but I just can't seem to get the motivation. I think it's because of how stupidly cold the Pacific is here.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm also finally going to do a damn surfing lesson. You'd think living in California I'd do it, but I just can't seem to get the motivation. I think it's because of how stupidly cold the Pacific is here.

Yeah having learned to surf in cold ass MD water, it sucked ass and I wasn't too into it. The surfing itself was fun but cold ass ocean can eat shit. Trying it in Hawaii would probably change my mind. No surf down here.