Hawaii

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Morimoto also had a place in Philly. I think that was his primary restaurant. To be honest, I never ate there. Wish I tried it at least once, though.

Antilles

Idiot Savaunt
Any particular Na Pali snorkel tour you bros recommend?

We did Captain Andy's. Guides were nice enough and I was one of the last people still in the water and they were just out there having fun with us and not pressuring us to get back on the boat.

Vinen

God is dead
I went there, 200$? a head? well worth it.

They are building one in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. I just decided to give the one in Maui a chance on the last night I'm there.

Not expecting much. There are superior places in Boston.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They are building one in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. I just decided to give the one in Maui a chance on the last night I'm there.

Not expecting much. There are superior places in Boston.

Lol @ Boston and their albino slop food that came to be popular because white oceanic diarrhea is nostalgic on every level for the pasty malformed cretins who take their dented, crooked familes down their dented, crooked roads to the shore every year for the last 3 centuries to make the world's biggest pot of albino slop.

Vinen

God is dead
Lol @ Boston and their albino slop food that came to be popular because white oceanic diarrhea is nostalgic on every level for the pasty malformed cretins who take their dented, crooked familes down their dented, crooked roads to the shore every year for the last 3 centuries to make the world's biggest pot of albino slop.

You words on Clam Chowder are must kinder then mine. I'm no fan of Clam Chowder or Lobster.

I'm just stating we have some niche "expensive sushi" places in Boston which look better then Morimoto. I'm expecting great food but nothing earth-shattering.

Vinen

God is dead
Speaking of Restaurants.
What else is good in Maui. Looking for 50+ USD/plate places.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Speaking of Restaurants.
What else is good in Maui. Looking for 50+ USD/plate places.
make a reservation for Mamas fish house, it's north if i remember, ultra rich food and nice beach view (as is basically everything in HI), it's a trip if you're staying on kihei side (it's up north)

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
We are staying over in Honolulu for one night before jumping to Kauai and made reservations at Roy's. Anyone know if that's good or should I be looking elsewhere?

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Roy's has been in business forever, it's nice food, nice view. There is also Morimoto Waikiki. If you are an hardcore sushi connoisseur with deep pockets, Mitch's. (shit location, and BYOB).

If you are a hardcore foodie with a thick wallet, Vintage Cave, was the pinnacle on Oahu. First 3 yrs it was open you couldn't get a res unless you knew someone.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
make a reservation for Mamas fish house, it's north if i remember, ultra rich food and nice beach view (as is basically everything in HI), it's a trip if you're staying on kihei side (it's up north)

Done. Seems popular. Didn't have many choices for Reservations 3 weeks out.

Picasso3

Renting car on Maui, kuaui, and big Island was a must imo.

Laihaina grill was good and 360 bucks for two ppl for dinner w wine so you may like it v

Picasso3

Ocean view will prob mean you're 4 buildings back from the ocean and if you form a 6 person human pyramid on your balcony you can see a palm tree on the beach.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ocean view will prob mean you're 4 buildings back from the ocean and if you form a 6 person human pyramid on your balcony you can see a palm tree on the beach.
looks like only the restaurant is in the way, i wonder where beach access is, probably have to cut through those tents and access from that rocky path

looks like beach access from the hotel can be from the right of the restaurant.

Google Maps

it's going to be shit and probably a 15minute walk from hotel room to beach.

Vinen

God is dead
looks like only the restaurant is in the way, i wonder where beach access is, probably have to cut through those tents and access from that rocky path

looks like beach access from the hotel can be from the right of the restaurant.

Google Maps

it's going to be shit and probably a 15minute walk from hotel room to beach.

Neither my wife or I are beach people so this isn't a problem. We have more or less planned our days with other activities.

We booked the Hotel and Flight together (Wife is pregnant so we got first class).. Hope it isn't trash. $8000 for flight and hotel for 2 people from Boston.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my favorite beach is secret/wedding beach
Makena Cove, 6468, 6538 Makena Road, Kihei, HI 96753

It basically has room for like probably like 8 famlies max, tho the 2x i've been there it was only myself and one other couple and usually a wedding photographer and couple (probably the best place for taking these pics)

Don't go in the water, you'll probably die tho.