Hearthstone

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Reminds of SC2 Ghost nerf, where a pro (qxc) posted their own way on how to nerf the unit without completely destroying it's usefulness in the matchup, but Blizzard went full retard and nerfed it into the ground instead.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Warsong nerf is only partly to do with current patron really. It's largely aimed at future sets/expansions being limited in minion design because of warsong giving them charge. It's just the nature of the way they've made the game (no interaction when not your turn) that requires very, very tight control over charge minions in general.
Exactly this and what Famm said. This card has been an issue twice and will always be a problem for them to work around. Just nerf the hell out of it and move on. As slow as they are to swing the bat, everyone that wanted to play that deck got their time in. Moving on time just like with miracle rogue.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Exactly this and what Famm said. This card has been an issue twice and will always be a problem for them to work around. Just nerf the hell out of it and move on. As slow as they are to swing the bat, everyone that wanted to play that deck got their time in. Moving on time just like with miracle rogue.
I understand that the card had to be nerfed but they had to go to the extreme and make it so that it is completely unplayable? They might as well have deleted the card. Lots of good suggestions have been made to tune down the card from this thread alone but Blizzard had to go all the way and nuke it from orbit.

I'm not a Patron player so it doesn't affect me but the way Blizz 'balances' things is lolwut

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its not the first unplayable card and it won't be the last. Buzzard is even more unplayable than this will be but the game has lived on.

There were more elegant ways to tone down patron, but I can't think of a way to rework WC while keeping its original intent but avoiding any future problems with it again. They had to ditch the "give a minion charge" aspect completely. The likelihood that it would just result in more unwanted OTK style decks in the future was out of the question for them I assume. This saves frothing to maybe be useful again but not in a ridiculous way. They had to sacrifice one of the two cards and WC was more of a threat to be a problem again in the future. Of course this also leaves GP looking unplayable too but it could find its way into something again in the future somehow.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The issue with charge aside, I don't know why they went for 2/3 for 3. That places it firmly in the territory of never being used ever. It could have easily been a 3/3 or even 3/4 given how limited the bonus is, but instead it's just another waste of a card slot that winds up making arena warrior even worse than it already was.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
The issue with charge aside, I don't know why they went for 2/3 for 3. That places it firmly in the territory of never being used ever. It could have easily been a 3/3 or even 3/4 given how limited the bonus is, but instead it's just another waste of a card slot that winds up making arena warrior even worse than it already was.
Compare WC to Leokk now. Same mana cost, 1 less health, same effect except Leokk's is unconditional while WC only affects small subset of charge minions. Changes like these show the amount of thought that the developers put into the game.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Leokk gets a bonus because of the RNG nature of Animal Companion. All 3 outcomes are under costed but it's allowed because of the RNG.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Killing the deck is better than doing nothing, but one really has to wonder why they chose that particular change. Somewhere, a professional game developer in charge of one of the most popular and profitable games in the world sat down and decided that this was what should happen to the card.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Jesus everytime something is nerfed the anti-net deckers come out of the woodwork on forums talking about warsong commander is still "usable" and shit

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Control warriors everywhere already, I think people are already ditching Patron. Does anyone else think its fucking bullshit that Justicar Trueheart resets your hero power? So you can use it twice in one turn. The four armor every turn is bad enough, when its late game he shits out six fucking shield points in one turn plus a 6/3 body. Everyone's been begging for a slower meta, I have a feeling it will bore them all to shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Trueheart or no, Midrange Hunter and Druid both give control warrior fits, so if control warrior gets real popular, I'd expect to see those come back in force.

Northerner

N00b
Ha! Blizzard never changes really. In a million years I would have never come up with that nerf.

No matter, as much as I liked playing Patron occasionally, it was a shitty deck for gameplay. Still, just delete the cards already or something. No point in pretending this new one has anything to do with the old at all.

Krag

Peasant
Control warriors everywhere already, I think people are already ditching Patron. Does anyone else think its fucking bullshit that Justicar Trueheart resets your hero power? So you can use it twice in one turn. The four armor every turn is bad enough, when its late game he shits out six fucking shield points in one turn plus a 6/3 body. Everyone's been begging for a slower meta, I have a feeling it will bore them all to shit.
It works that way with all (I think) cards that change your hero power, like with priest you can heal then play shadowform and immediately plonk something with the new hero power.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Yeah I think ya'll complaining that the Patron deck is now wholly unplayable are missing it. Blizzard didn't nerf the Patron Deck and they didn't nerf Warsong Commander, they deleted Warsong Commander. I think they very purposefully killed that card. The fact that the Patron deck dies with it is ancillary.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
charge is too problematic, especially when there's a potential for infinite charges. Now Blizzard can make a Dreadsteed for warrior
biggrin.png

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
-edit- Got it, thanks

The regular friends I spectate for the daily quest haven't been playing HS recently, so if someone wants to play a game I can watch... Grayson#1728