Heroes Charge (android)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That depends, do you plan on putting any money in the game? The $2.99 monthly pass puts you at vip 3 which gives you 30 per day. After 2 months you will be getting 40 per day, which is enough to raid anything you are farming

If you aren't, I would save them for elite stages.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Vip 4 gives you the ability to hit one button and raid as many times as you have stamina for. Very convenient, and it really isnt that much cash, especially if you have the patience to do the 2.99 for 2 months.

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
Use them to save time. They're a carrot on a stick, like so many other things. It takes a lot more time to use up all your stamina without the tickets. Later on, you almost always want to use them to farm gear/stones (heroes). But you can only get them from as drops or as VIP.

Suggestion: Save them for now while you're new to the game and don't mind doing the levels manually.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What are some good comps for raids? I've built for turtling and for pure DPS. Both seem to result in poor damage showings, so I'm at a loss.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
First 15/15 crusade. I had to hire my guild's only death knight from the start to do it, but it was worth it. The third crusade point chest is usually furthest I'll go. I like my Savage... he hits like a truck, and makes my rifleman crit massive amounts of damage, but he's not the greatest tank for crusade. Brute just sucks IMO.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What are some good comps for raids? I've built for turtling and for pure DPS. Both seem to result in poor damage showings, so I'm at a loss.
Really depends on the stage. There are some where you have 5 little guys and one boss where AE damage is king, but the raid boss for the first chapter is just a single enemy so single target damage is by far the best.

For AE I usually run something like iron hoof, cloud walker, Succubus, Pheonix, and Mystic.

For single target I use poisoned one, cloud walker, warchief, rifleman, and leaves shadow. Rifleman and cloud walker absolutely rape on single target. Add in poisoned one for the armor debuff and they put out crazy damage. Plus cloud walker usually makes so no one besides the first tank actually dies

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Oh, and I fucking hate the elite stages with the sword master. Starts out the fight killing half my characters, does insane DPS that heals him, and has a Brazilian hit points.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What level are you and what level and Heroes are you using?
48 team, 48 heroes. I've tried variations of cleric, ember blade, succubus, shadowleaf, phoenix, commando, chaplain, vanguard warrior, mystic, poisoned one, old curse, admiral, and arcane sapper. It could just be a level thing and not having the ability to purple anything yet, but every combination I have tried gets annihilated. The best I have been able to do is 42k damage.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm 61 and just started breaking 200k damage on raids.

Gonna have to post my stuff soon again and see what team compositions I'm missing. Just finishing up DK soon to get my Crusade team locked down without relying on mercenaries. I am absolute garbage in both Arenas, and can just scrape by on 3 of the Outlands things(burrower, dragon, spear guy).

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm 61 and just started breaking 200k damage on raids.

Gonna have to post my stuff soon again and see what team compositions I'm missing. Just finishing up DK soon to get my Crusade team locked down without relying on mercenaries. I am absolute garbage in both Arenas, and can just scrape by on 3 of the Outlands things(burrower, dragon, spear guy).
I broke 445k on the final boss of the first set of raids - single target physical + double tank

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
At around 63 or 64 I was doing around 650-700k damage on the boss in first raid. Set up was cloud walker, poisoned one, warchief, rifleman, and leaves shadow.

I ended the fight with usually only 1 dead (due to his range shot killing a middle/back line character)

I need to join a new guild though, my faggy guild leader keeps resetting the raid when we get to the boss. Has done it twice now.

Taho

N00b
I just joined a guild and had a question about Mercenaries. If I deploy one of my heroes in the mercenary camp, can I still use them in the campaign and other things? I've read conflicting answers.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I just joined a guild and had a question about Mercenaries. If I deploy one of my heroes in the mercenary camp, can I still use them in the campaign and other things? I've read conflicting answers.
Yes, you cannot use them as defenders in your Booty Cave however because they are on reserve for you guild.

Also keep in mind that your selected mercenaries' level has to be lower or equal than your target audience for them to be able to use it.

For instance I'm the highest level in my guild (66) and my 66 deathmage is unusable for the majority of my guild.

I leveld up a Death Knight to 52 (lowest possible purple level threshold) and fully maxed out his skills and armor enchantments. That way everyone gets to use the best possible level 52 tank for crusade.

Taho

N00b
Also, is it common when starting out to have your hero level outpace your skill levels? My team level is 32. My heroes are 31, but most of their skills are 18. Am I doing something wrong?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Also, is it common when starting out to have your hero level outpace your skill levels? My team level is 32. My heroes are 31, but most of their skills are 18. Am I doing something wrong?
tl;dr - Focus on a couple key champions skills - Like Chaplain heal and Commando Haste aura.

I have a ton of heroes that are level 60+ with some skills level 1. (Chaplain Pilum damage spell comes to mind)

Really you gotta do some research for the particular team type you're looking to build Phys - Magic - Anti Magic etc and then focus on a core set of heroes.

In the phys lineup for instance you want Shadow Leaf and Commando maxed as best as you can.

The real gating factor later for skill upgrades is gold (which is primarily obtained from Crusade) at about 1.5 mil per day I can use maybe 40 skill points in a given day.

Some skills (like the passives max out at Hero Level/2)