Heroes of the Storm

Needless

Toe Sucker
very good, but as you said she can't solo support as her survivability is so incredibly low she gets countered by stealthies/dive comps without another support. Her sniper ult is a lot of fun, getting clutch saves/kills across the map is like the epitome of a fun support mechanic lol

She's a lot of fun though, and one of the more recent characters that you can immediately tell the difference between a shitty Ana vs a decent ana lol

I played like 12 games yesterday and only saw the new map once, it was pretty cool though. I think the whole control point aspect is great for a game like hots, but the mech taking 2 people is kind of iffy to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The problem is despite what people try and say you cannot really carry in this game. What blows my mind is how crazy the shift in games can be. You can have decent games but I would say more often than not in Hero League people throw the game during the draft which is frustrating to say the least. I don't even mind the non-popular picks but when people go all melee into ranged or other dumb shit. Hey have have a beefy team with a tank and a bruiser lets go all squishy against them. Then you are forced to tank or support for the dumbest fucking faggots on earth and they have the gall to complain, protect me, heal more, its like you cunts picked trash and you can only tank and heal so much.

In the end I am starting to see why I quit playing this piece of shit in the first place, while the game can be fun with a decent group win or loss.. its fucking frustrating as fuck when you are paired with complete failure trash.

Yeah, it's extremely difficult to climb out of bronze/silver. Mostly because so many games are won/lost right at the draft, like you said. People making just absolutely horrid picks, not thinking about counters, etc.

The queue times are also getting to be somebody thing is driving me away from the game. Even as a 5 man, it has been taking upwards of 10mins to find a game in ranked.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The video they just showed at Blizzcon introducing Hanzo and Alexstraza... at the end of it did a portal in the Nexus open to the Destiny Tower?

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
her face is scuffed as fuck though, how do you go from her WoW model to that? god damn

the portal that opened up was dalaran wasnt it? all the towers and shit look like it anyway

• 1Like

Caliane

The video they just showed at Blizzcon introducing Hanzo and Alexstraza... at the end of it did a portal in the Nexus open to the Destiny Tower?
Silver City

High Heavens. Diablo 3.

not sure what to make of it. Odd they show the portal opening. when, several d3 angels are already in the game. Its too visually important, to not be a hint at something.

There is also a diablo map already. But, I would guess, a high heavens map.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
11-18 so far in hero league, de-ranked to Bronze 1 last night. Usually the best player on my team any given game. Thanks for making this game fun and giving me the ability to progress up the ranks with quality teammates Blizzard. /s

Bad picks, throwing, diving, feeding, constant disconnects then the bots are free kills, super toxic people who think they are MLG hots pro's...jesus fucking christ.

You telling me their games attract and cater to retards that you are stuck playing with?

I dont believe you

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Many Blizzard games are designed around a few players dragging the dipshits kicking and screaming to the goal line.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, it's extremely difficult to climb out of bronze/silver. Mostly because so many games are won/lost right at the draft, like you said. People making just absolutely horrid picks, not thinking about counters, etc.

The queue times are also getting to be somebody thing is driving me away from the game. Even as a 5 man, it has been taking upwards of 10mins to find a game in ranked.

I levelled my friends account out of bronze because he had basically given up on it. Its a grind until you get some momentum going. Picking a hero with waveclear was mandatory, and I made my team soak the entire game because its basically the only way to get a lead in this game.

Honestly it felt like babysitting a lot of time and it took quite a lot of effort, but then again im not that great at the game, but it is possible.

I really wouldn't worry too much about team composition as long as you yourself are good at soaking and take a hero with good waveclear/team fighting ability spam (I used KT when he was a bit stronger, I'd probably use Jaina now if I was to do it again).

If you want to see the tactics in carrying , Nostramia carried from bronze as DPS (mostly falstad), and Apex did a healing only bronze to GM (mostly auriel and reghar). Obviously they are grandmaster, but I think the principles are pretty sound. I cant remember Nostramia's winrate but Apex had something insane like < 10 losses to gold, I think maybe even only 3 or so. Unfortunately his vods arent up on twitch any more.

Last edited:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am surprised they announced voice chat as such a huge deal because in Overwatch their policing of voice chat is zero unless you have video proof. I would suspect most people in HOTS that want voice comms already use discord. It is going to be a clusterfuck.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The gameplay changes seem promising. It seems to allow for a bit more "carry" so that you aren't as reliant on imbeciles.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
what gameplay change exactly? all i read was them taking into account your general performance in the game like getting mvp and shit in order to tweak your mmr ?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
They're revamping the mercs to give different buffs, giving infinite ammo to towers, and a bunch of other shit like that. I only skimmed over it, but it seems like they're trying to put more emphasis on the laning phase, which I'm not massively enthusiastic about.

Also Alexstraza looks like a tranny. Just saying.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Greater emphasis on the laning phase is whatever, but the individual tweaks to MMR are something that has been much needed since the games' inception. Hopefully it'll help curb people that just flat out give up so fucking easily/quickly as well. So tired of losing 1-2 teamfights within the first 5 minutes and some idiot goes, "GG!". Even more hilarious is when you're obviously a late game comp. The toxicity starts soon after and it just snowballs from there.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ill be honest am one of those that will be quick to say fuck this and save everyone time onto next game when i see its going nowhere. Ill often go the bat and roll the core classes early like tank and healer so we can structure our draft quickly and smartly. But when i see retarded second to last and last picks and 5 minutes into the game the other team is pushing keeps on every lane because we picked zero wave clear / dammage, ill idle in base. A good draft makes such a huge difference that at my age, ill save myself
the stress and rage to make a stupid comp work and just move on to next game. Ill say this isnt the majority of games. Most one are exciting back and forth, which is why hots is still the only game i regularly play since its beta.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ill be honest am one of those that will be quick to say fuck this and save everyone time onto next game when i see its going nowhere. Ill often go the bat and roll the core classes early like tank and healer so we can structure our draft quickly and smartly. But when i see retarded second to last and last picks and 5 minutes into the game the other team is pushing keeps on every lane because we picked zero wave clear / dammage, ill idle in base. A good draft makes such a huge difference that at my age, ill save myself
the stress and rage to make a stupid comp work and just move on to next game. Ill say this isnt the majority of games. Most one are exciting back and forth, which is why hots is still the only game i regularly play since its beta.

Well, I'm certainly glad for these changes, as they are aimed at removing your American Inventor ass from Hero League.

• 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
Alexstraza is out, i think im gonna play some QM tonight and just queue as junkrat, pop a mine on her ground heal and boop kiddos away from the heal every time kek

• 1Worf