History of FoH

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Millie was in foh too ya? I remember seeing the photos first some blonde chick but later some dude pics. Did people know in foh at the time?
What did furor do before joining blizz? Was he at some other company during eq?

Millie was a GUY????!~!?

• 9Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 10 users

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Millie was a warlock when we recruited him. He was basically just there and we had no warlocks, that's how random it was. Then before long he switched to a warrior shenis and created the Millie persona, and he ragequit early in Kunark because of "not getting into groups" even though he was one of the highest leveled at the time and actually had a set group almost every day.

He was FAR more of a forum presence than he ever was within FoH.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pretty sure everyone who ever posted on the FOH boards got banned by Millie at one point or another. Dude was definitely a precursor to the SJW archetype we laugh at these days.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Remember when Ravaan and Millie were mods?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
My only FoH contributions:

I played on Veeshan from start to luclin, in PD for most of my stay just dicking around. I was like 14yo

Back in this age it was easy to message someone selling items or accounts on eBay, and send them subseven backdoors looking like a .jpg with a ton of spaces to hide the .exe way out of the box through ICQ

So you'd see someone selling a CoF or whatever for like $800, so you'd message them "hey I'll give you $600(slightly under their asking price) plus an entire account with a level 50 whatever. Here let me send you the characters screenshot."

So through the interactions, I found myself logged in to Crip(bard) from FoH, middle of a raid...changed pw, kept closing EQ on his computer, and begged anyone in guild for a port immediately to town. They're like "wait, what, why??" I was just like, "emergency, port now"

Took him to town, told my friend to make a char at whatever town I was in and dropped every droppable on the ground and let my friend pick it up. Never did direct person to person transfers. So my friend has a level one bard in full kunark whatever bard gear and shit. CoF, etc

Eventually Crip got his account back and the gear was vanished from my friends lvl 1 later. I think I took the CoF and like 2 months later in the middle of my raid a GM shows up and asks where I got the CoF and eventually took it back.

So then I made a level 1, started contacting anyone in FoH that would listen claiming I was Daahoud(sp?), A monk, that I was banned and please give me anything to get started again. Of course I always did this when he wasn't online. Someone gave me a fungi tunic, CoF, tranquil staff. Remade a new monk, shifted the gear over, and made my way to max level.

Btw did this to 40+ accounts, and at least that amount on UO before EQ. Mane I completely looted some max level players bone dry in those days. UO was the best I'd just log in, destroy their house, all shit on ground, and have me and friends collect it all. Back when 100 magery or 100 resist were unheard of...some of the chars actually had it and I'd go on a PK spree before closing that chapter. I can't remember the names but I got some big time people on Lake Superior UO. Use to PK with COOKIE MONSTER on lake Superior too. Fun times.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Picard
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 5 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It was funny all the GMs that got assigned to Veeshan due to FoH "being assholes" only for us to get along with them really well. Daegarmo and Widjin(sp) were pimps.

Daegarmo was a bro, I'd tell him "hey I had xxx gear accidentally get deleted" and he'd just GM conjure shit up. Got a lot of nice free gear that way.

• 2Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Brother Xave on Mithaniel Marr summoned me several Guk items. I told him I lost it mid-zone and he didn't bat an eye and summoned me the items. I was like level 20 or something, so rocking an Enameled Black BP and FBSS was /jizz.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kudos

<Banned>
I actually own a part of FoH lore. Back when a rogue named Trishadow on Veeshan threatened to kill himself, Furor made a hilarious post about how he is going to OD on Flintstones vitamins on the main page. Fast forward a year later and I'm bored and decide to buy a rogue to play. Keep in mind this was after PoP so nobody really gave a shit about buying anymore. Now at the time I completely forgot about this drama and I go to apply to the top guild on Veeshan and they deny me. Shit was hilarious but also sad since the character became worthless at that point for anything but the shitty expansion behind type guilds.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brother Xave on Mithaniel Marr summoned me several Guk items. I told him I lost it mid-zone and he didn't bat an eye and summoned me the items. I was like level 20 or something, so rocking an Enameled Black BP and FBSS was /jizz.

I tried to pull this maneuver as a kid, got summoned to cat room in Qeynos Sewers and banned for “deceiving a GM.” Must’ve not been convincing enough.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I tried to pull this maneuver as a kid, got summoned to cat room in Qeynos Sewers and banned for “deceiving a GM.” Must’ve not been convincing enough.

I totally think it just depended on the GM. Xave came across as an incredibly chill dude.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I actually own a part of FoH lore. Back when a rogue named Trishadow on Veeshan threatened to kill himself, Furor made a hilarious post about how he is going to OD on Flintstones vitamins on the main page. Fast forward a year later and I'm bored and decide to buy a rogue to play. Keep in mind this was after PoP so nobody really gave a shit about buying anymore. Now at the time I completely forgot about this drama and I go to apply to the top guild on Veeshan and they deny me. Shit was hilarious but also sad since the character became worthless at that point for anything but the shitty expansion behind type guilds.

Rip your dorf NAAP TYME

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
When did Ngruk (Schilling) run with FOH? (or did he)?

Pre- Drow (Brotherhood of the Spider)?

• 1Like

Cybsled

Schilling didn't play with FOH. I forgot what server he played on.

• 2Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't FOH really start way back in Ultima Online although under a different name? I remember Krurk taking over FOH with Furor quitting for a while, and was summarily kicked out with Furor coming back? The epic flame wars on the original noows forum, especially with Dark Age of Camelot devs/fans. Good times.

• 1Like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My experience with FOH,

I asked to join
they said you have to play 80 hours a week

I said forget that. Ill wear my christmas hat all year long and go get rich.

I'm 1/2 way to my dream

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was never on Veeshan, but have been lurking since the dawn of time.

My understanding was that Furor was originally a rogue named Kalaran, was the first 50 (outside of some exploiting Druid), and decided to re-roll as Kartak Dorfbruiser, the ogre warrior. Kartak was level 50, full planar, etc, when he was banned for using some crafting kiln exploit to transfer some nondrop gear. It was at this point that he re:rolled as Furor, using the naggy teeth, etc to hit level 50 in ~7 days played, which was unheard of at the time.

Known early history involves drama around Myrlynn (can't remember specifically) and Zamatil the chanter and a few others moving to Stormhammer ( the premium server) - also don't remember what the story was around this.

There were rampant rumors of FoH being in tight with GMs and devs, getting peeks of strats, etc ahead of other guilds and sploits such as bandaging under the ground.

They were obvious bosses. I did an early fear raid on Rathe in probably Aug/Sept of 99 (back when russet still dropped) and the guild I was with had strats on how to handle the zone from a relationship with FoH. Early checks on their website shows CoF's on basically every toon on the roster, some even had CoF and an RBB, at a time when the Rathe only had maybe 6-8 of these on the whole server. They were just light years ahead of other developed launch servers, which led to heavy recruitment of power gamers from across EQ and the rumors of sploits and favoritism.

The FoH website, even in 99, was a hub of the highest level discussions of EQ, shit talking and a lot else. Basically the wild west. Been here ever since.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Was never on Veeshan, but have been lurking since the dawn of time.

My understanding was that Furor was originally a rogue named Kalaran, was the first 50 (outside of some exploiting Druid), and decided to re-roll as Kartak Dorfbruiser, the ogre warrior. Kartak was level 50, full planar, etc, when he was banned for using some crafting kiln exploit to transfer some nondrop gear. It was at this point that he re:rolled as Furor, using the naggy teeth, etc to hit level 50 in ~7 days played, which was unheard of at the time.

Known early history involves drama around Myrlynn (can't remember specifically) and Zamatil the chanter and a few others moving to Stormhammer ( the premium server) - also don't remember what the story was around this.

There were rampant rumors of FoH being in tight with GMs and devs, getting peeks of strats, etc ahead of other guilds and sploits such as bandaging under the ground.

They were obvious bosses. I did an early fear raid on Rathe in probably Aug/Sept of 99 (back when russet still dropped) and the guild I was with had strats on how to handle the zone from a relationship with FoH. Early checks on their website shows CoF's on basically every toon on the roster, some even had CoF and an RBB, at a time when the Rathe only had maybe 6-8 of these on the whole server. They were just light years ahead of other developed launch servers, which led to heavy recruitment of power gamers from across EQ and the rumors of sploits and favoritism.

The FoH website, even in 99, was a hub of the highest level discussions of EQ, shit talking and a lot else. Basically the wild west. Been here ever since.

I forget but wasn't Stormhammer like $40-50/month?

That seemed completely ridiculous to me at that time, but now that I have more money than time, I'd open up my checkbook to have a "customized" EQ experience. Although part of the charm of EQ was how valuable/prestigious certain items/kills were.

• 2Like