House of the Dragon

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yea I’m watching this on HBOMax and noticed some really dark scenes in early episodes, but it’s like they doubled down on making it I-Can’t-See-Shit dark in this last episode.

We haven’t learned anything from the last season of GoT. “It’s not our fault! Check your TV settings!”
that excuse was awesome. they only made the episode with high end TV users in mind, so if you dont have that kind of TV you are a stupid poor who doesnt matter. probably a republican too, so fuck you!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Maybe it's just my TV or something but the dark episodes have never bothered me. I'm more triggered by movies where it's supposed to be night but not only can we see everything but so can the actors because there's just light for some reason.

spronk

FPS noob
x1i8qjkwhnr91.jpg

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yay the show finally starts next episode then? This is a really expensive prologue. Remember GoTs? it was a 3min scene introducing the night's watch and had white walkers.

GoT picks up months later, with that sole survivor having fled the Night's watch, broken his oaths and got caught.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
that excuse was awesome. they only made the episode with high end TV users in mind, so if you dont have that kind of TV you are a stupid poor who doesnt matter. probably a republican too, so fuck you!

The lighting was worse in 4k hdr on my LG oled than it was in 1080p non hdr

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Hypothetically GOT could have started with Roberts rebellion and then time jumped

But, they didn't know how popular it would be and were adapting the books.

They would later use Bran as a way of showing some of this time period

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
It could of started with Bran the Builder building the god damn wall 8000 years ago and had the whole thing play out in real time, 1 season per year. And your AI Robot cyborg descendants could of had the final season uploaded to their neural links. But that would be fucking tarded, just like this show.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It could of started with Bran the Builder building the god damn wall 8000 years ago and had the whole thing play out in real time, 1 season per year. And your AI Robot cyborg descendants could of had the final season uploaded to their neural links. But that would be fucking tarded, just like this show.
that actually would have been cool as fuck. building the wall using ancient magics while constantly warring with the WW and Children. basically epic battles every episodes with burly rugged men doing burly rugged man things.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Um sure yeah? Except none of the shit that has happened (in the book) is really relevant or needs to be told scene for scene? Why did they decide to start the show so far before the subject (the dance of dragons)? They were left with making up a bunch of shit to make it interesting, then forced to do time jumps.

It would be like your making a ww2 show but you start by telling the life and journey of a french farmer and his son and the show starts with the sons birth in 1921.

Sure you could dedicate like 5 seasons to watching this kid grow up, getting attached to the character, with subtle time jumps as he ages over 5 seasons. But your show is not about him, its about ww2. So why the fuck did you decide to start the show so far in the past?
the funny thing about hotd is all this non-character development they are focusing on these people All so you can kill them off in the opening salvo of the war. Ohh so edgy just like GOT killing ned, right? Right?

Yes, Middle bro is aemond one eye. They chose a taller actor (he is the warrior after all). Aegon is older and married to the sister, the one they made tarded.

They've made lots of subtle and not so subtle changes to every character to steer the audience into rooting for genderqueer. Like how they introduce aegon in the show a few episodes back by having his pasty albino ass standing bucknaked in a window jerking off all over the commoners or something? What the fuck was that, other than poisoning the well. Same as making aemond the instigator in the fight, making halaena retarded, making alicent knife rhaenyra. None of that shit actually happens.

Oh anyone else noticed they gave the king dementia/alzheimers? He called alicent his first wifes name. Dude is like 49 when he dies, making him about 40 this episode... yet they are turning him into the cryptkeeper as someone else mentioned. Also making him a diseased corpse, i guess to showcase what alicent has to put up with being a woman and all. Theres nothing wrong with him in the book. He isnt a great king or terrible king. Hes just a people pleaser who loathes conflict. He grows kinda fat with age, then he dies.
The kid that lost his eye is the only Chad in the show. I'm on his team. Team SecondSon! Eye for a dragon is a good deal!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
They overdid the daytime-filmed night shots, absolutely, but they needed it for the sequence with Vhagar. Long story short there's a reason why so many digitally animated sequences with large-scale objects/creatures happen at night, or in a rain storm, or with fog occlusions and shit. Easier to get it to 'pass' especially if you don't have a theatrical release CG budget.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I couldn't see shit and missed a bunch of plot points, even after turning off all the lights in my house.

There's no excuse, there are techniques to film night scenes that have been around forever. They are just being pretentious and lazy.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I couldn't see shit and missed a bunch of plot points, even after turning off all the lights in my house.

Please explain how turning off your upstairs bathroom lights affected the picture quality in your viewing room

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

There's no excuse, there are techniques to film night scenes that have been around forever. They are just being pretentious and lazy.
That episode was fucking awesome. It's slowly climbing in quality compared to the relatively boring forst episodes.
Just Chris Chris things

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
a7831688598cdb951169993d833790a0.png

these kids don't think, damn mom and dad sure moves fast, especially mom, we lost our real father a week ago and fake father just got burned in the fireplace, come to think of it, thats 2 black targs getting roasted (ok i know gay targ is secretly living out his gay fantasy), but still, you'd think the negros would be like "why are all the blacks getting burned in this show?"

spronk

FPS noob
top is promo material used before airing, bottom is what actually aired (day for night filters)

apparently done due to weather conditions during filming (cloudy/sunny/cloudy/sunny fucking up lighting and shadows) and cheaper dragon CGI as said above. People have still noticed minor errors like safety fence visible above the beach and maybe even an airplane way up in the sky lol

interesting thing is Jordan Peele & his DP pioneered a new technique to shoot day for night with Nope, which uses two cameras shooting the same location at two different times (one with actors, one just the background at night) and blending the two. It allows foreground characters to be fully lit and look very visible while still keeping a dark background. Hopefully that means future shows/seasons can do D4N much better.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
a7831688598cdb951169993d833790a0.png

these kids don't think, damn mom and dad sure moves fast, especially mom, we lost our real father a week ago and fake father just got burned in the fireplace, come to think of it, thats 2 black targs getting roasted (ok i know gay targ is secretly living out his gay fantasy), but still, you'd think the negros would be like "why are all the blacks getting burned in this show?"
I wasn't sure what to expect tbh. Would it be stunning and brave to kill off the black gay? (he dies in the book) Or yet another opportunity to change daemons character to make him more of a plotter/schemer instead of just a great fighter/tactician, like when they made him kill his first wife (made up for tv) or when they made him suck at war (he was great at it) or he plotted to steal a dragon egg by having a fake baby with his mistress on dragonstone and had to have a huge standoff with rhaenyra (changed entirely, she really was pregnant with his child amd heir, otto got the egg back without conflict, rhaenyra was 9 years old wtf she going to do)

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I wasn't sure what to expect tbh. Would it be stunning and brave to kill off the black gay? (he dies in the book)
they probably let him sail away cuz they don't want real life backlash for killing a gay on tv, but that just means in one scene he's like "i love my kids, i'll be a good dad now" and the next scen he's like "fuck you kids, i care more about being a faggot than being a father"

a0N1dAYb_700w_0.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users