looks like an entire black family and one old white bitch
d269e7af26e63b7990331b771025d5ef.jpg

"House of Mixed-ish"

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This just looks bad.

It's like they forgot what made the original story interesting, aka watching the various kids grow up, try to avoid their parents mistakes, or fail and repeat them.

This is just a bunch of people pretending to be serious and stomping down hallways.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So they all have different skin colors but still have pure white hair.

That is some stupid shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I missed that this was a coal burner family, I thought it was just a random diversity casting

I can see their clownlogic in giving the halfbreed kids black skin but white hair. But how the fuck do they explain the black dude (presumably the husband who married into the family) white targaryan hair too?

I will add, it looks about as believable on them as it did on Emilia Clark. I see theyre still going with the "white hair but huge black bushy eyebrows" thing. Guess there are no real blondes in Hollywood to use as a reference?

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I missed that this was a coal burner family, I thought it was just a random diversity casting

I can see their clownlogic in giving the halfbreed kids black skin but white hair. But how the fuck do they explain the black dude (presumably the husband who married into the family) white targaryan hair too?

I will add, it looks about as believable on them as it did on Emilia Clark. I see theyre still going with the "white hair but huge black bushy eyebrows" thing. Guess there are no real blondes in Hollywood to use as a reference?
Maybe Alinity will do a cameo nude, kinda like Ed Sheeran did his thing.

Keeping it PG, since it is in this forum.

alinitygot.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
at some point the show has to show all the black people getting massacred by the people of westeros, cuz you know, Game of Thrones had zero non white people for the first like 4 seasons lol

oh wait they will probably hop on a dragon and fly to Wakanda, won't they, setting up the next sequel

The side they are on, with "Velaryon" (The black guy most prominent in the trailer) does get massacred. They are the ones who lose the civil war.

Of course, they were white until this show reminded us who the Kangs were. (You can see Velaryon in the first video below--white, of course, because the whole 'he was from the summer isles' is a huge retcon to add diversity to the show)

That's pretty much going to be the story if you don't care about spoilers.

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The raging maniacal whites massacre the poor, noble, magical blacks? And it results in the nightmare of oppression that is Westeros?

No way. Gif

Oldbased

> Than U
No wonder dragons don't trust anyone and rain down hell and fire.
They had joggers stealing their shit for many years until the gang war wiped them out.
Should pound HBO with what is real 13 but also 99 fantasy lines.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Black people were from the Summer Isles and maybe Sothrythos, Westeros was roughly analogous to Earth in where different racial groups were from.

Doing this is a world building shortcut that every fantasy does because you can't write anything as complex as real life history.

House Velaryon in the lore were Valerians the same as the Targaryans and lived on an island near Dragonstone. They intermarried A LOT. So if they were inexplicably black, the silver hair pale skin genes must have been dominant over the weak black genes lol.
if there were black Valaryions in Valaria, then there would be black valarions in westeros when they crossed over. and there wasnt.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
So instead of white walkers will we be introduced to black joggers?

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
The side they are on, with "Velaryon" (The black guy most prominent in the trailer) does get massacred. They are the ones who lose the civil war.

Of course, they were white until this show reminded us who the Kangs were. (You can see Velaryon in the first video below--white, of course, because the whole 'he was from the summer isles' is a huge retcon to add diversity to the show)

That's pretty much going to be the story if you don't care about spoilers.

What is this animation and video original from and created for? It is narrated by the cast of the show and way too high quality to be a random youtuber.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What is this animation and video original from and created for? It is narrated by the cast of the show and way too high quality to be a random youtuber.

The season DVD extras, I believe each season has about an hour of these little clips.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
tl;dr grrm saw the first episode and liked it. 50% screen time spent on eel pies, confirmed

I am anticipating HOUSE OF THE DRAGON pretty eagerly myself, for what it’s worth. Okay, I am hardly objective. And I know a lot of what you will be seeing. (I, um, wrote the book). Also … mum’s the word now, don’t tell anyone… I’ve seen a rough cut of the first episode. And loved it. It’s dark, it’s powerful, it’s visceral… just the way I like my epic fantasy.

Ryan and Miguel have done an amazing job, and the cast… just as with GAME OF THRONES, most viewers will only have heard of a few of the actors, but I think you are going to fall in love with a lot of them. (Only to have your heart broken later when… but no, that would be telling).

I think the Targaryens are in very good hands.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users