House of the Dragon

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That's not Aegon. Aegon is the drunk rapist who doesn't give a fuck about anything. Aemond is the half-eyed warrior type (second son).

I will say all the similar names and children do get confusing though, especially since you don't spend much time with them to get to know them well (and the actor switches on top of that).
Fuck, you are right. I had them backwards. I always thought Aegon was the younger one.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's not Aegon. Aegon is the drunk rapist who doesn't give a fuck about anything. Aemond is the half-eyed warrior type (second son).

I will say all the similar names and children do get confusing though, especially since you don't spend much time with them to get to know them well (and the actor switches on top of that).

GRRM's naming convention. That faggot did the same thing with Elden Ring.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
how the fuck does 1eye middle child look the same age as daemon?, honestly if he didn't have the eye patch i'd mistake them for one another too

also daemon loves killing blacks, didn't he fight a 5year war with this dude? i guess since he's a brother prince consort uncle he can get away with slicing a dude at court, also black dude said the forbidden words
bastard

also more magical maester birth control

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
"let me see the children home, I'll return on dragon back"

Does she mean fucking take the kids home by envoy and then return on dragon back TONIGHT? Fast travel in GoT universe was even faster in the past I guess, fuck

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
how the fuck does 1eye middle child look the same age as daemon?, honestly if he didn't have the eye patch i'd mistake them for one another too

also daemon loves killing blacks, didn't he fight a 5year war with this dude? i guess since he's a brother prince consort uncle he can get away with slicing a dude at court, also black dude said the forbidden words
bastard

also more magical maester birth control
Daemon was allies with the Velaryons in that war, not enemies

Xevy

Log Wizard

Does she mean fucking take the kids home by envoy and then return on dragon back TONIGHT? Fast travel in GoT universe was even faster in the past I guess, fuck
She meant send them off on their ships and she would remain, with her dragon, and then fly back later.

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm

It's foreshadowing for what happens later on in the war when Rhaenyra returns to KL.

Chris

Potato del Grande

King's Landing and Dragonstone are fairly close, it's literally called King's Landing because it was the first bit of land Aegon got to after leaving Dragonstone.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Episode was great, yeah the ending was a bit wonky but realistically Otto would have pushed Alicent back into "if Rhany becomes Queen your kids will die" so I think the dementia King push isn't that huge a deal. The whole Song of Ice and Fire is kinda dumb but I am really betting GRRM is pushing it to retcon the ending of S8 so he can redo it with the Jon Snow TV show.

King GoldMask Zombie Viserys limping into the throne room was a real old ass Game of Thrones moment, capped with a beheading was awesome. Season 1 has suffered a lot from so many time jumps and recastings but it settles down now, no cast changes at all going forward, and its gonna be a great couple seasons of Game of Thrones hopefully.

Every time Haelena speaks its foreshadowing, she is a seer like old Targs. I think this episode she said "Beware the beasts under the floors".

Paddy better win an Oscar Emmy
View attachment 437184
absolutely. For me this show finally found its legs with this episode. I may just be a sucker for surprise beheadings during dinners. But whatever, it worked for me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I forgot to mention they decided to make Aegon a rapist now? Like they really needed to change more shit to make him into the bad guy?

And now they have Rhaenyra being all coy "I never wanted this father" blah blah bullshit. being all forgiving of Alicent trying to make amends.

She's a spoiled fucking cunt who expects to get her way and get what she wants at all times for her entire fucking life, and when it doesn't she starts a war that kills half the population and virtually every dragon. Fuck HBO for making her the "good guy" just cus they cast a non-binary owlkin to play her.

• 1EyeRoll

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
At what point does "based on" become "inspired by" just curious. I know theres a threshold of faithfulness that must be met right? Or is that just for true stories? "based on a true story" vs "inspired by real events".

Anyway. In case you were curious on what happens in the book:
That same year, across Blackwater Bay, the Sea Snake was stricken by a sudden fever. As he took to his bed, surrounded by maesters, the issue arose as to who should succeed him as Lord of the Tides and Master of Driftmark should the sickness claim him. With both his trueborn children dead, by law his
lands and titles should pass to his eldest grandson, Jacaerys…but since Jace would presumably ascend the Iron Throne after his mother, Princess Rhaenyra urged her good-father to name instead her second son, Lucerys. Lord Corlys also had half a dozen nephews, however, and the eldest of them, Ser Vaemond Velaryon, protested that the inheritance by rights should pass to him…on the grounds that Rhaenyra’s sons were bastards sired by Harwin Strong. The princess was not slow in answering this charge. She dispatched Prince Daemon to seize Ser Vaemond, had his head removed, and fed his carcass to her dragon, Syrax.
Even this did not end the matter, however. Ser Vaemond’s younger cousins fled to King’s Landing with his wife and sons, there to cry for justice and place their claims before the king and queen. King Viserys had grown extremely fat and red of face, and scarce had the strength to mount the steps to the Iron Throne. His Grace heard them out in a stony silence, then ordered their tongues removed, every one. “You were warned,” he declared, as they were being dragged away. “I will hear no more of these lies.”

You realise that GOT consolidated characters into one, or cut them completely. Cutting Corlys nephews seems an obvious choice to save money on casting the actors, and make things less confusing for the viewer.

We get it, you have read the book and are salty about the ADAPTATION not being faithful or fleshing out details that the book did not cover.

This is almost as tiresome as jayrebb jayrebb "they keep saying and not showing how superb the sea snake is"

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I forgot to mention they decided to make Aegon a rapist now? Like they really needed to change more shit to make him into the bad guy?

And now they have Rhaenyra being all coy "I never wanted this father" blah blah bullshit. being all forgiving of Alicent trying to make amends.

She's a spoiled fucking cunt who expects to get her way and get what she wants at all times for her entire fucking life, and when it doesn't she starts a war that kills half the population and virtually every dragon. Fuck HBO for making her the "good guy" just cus they cast a non-binary owlkin to play her.
they probably added in the rapey part so they get more medievil plan b scenes

• 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Well, that and the fact they completely fucking flip flopped the look of the Aegon/Aemond actors in the latest time jump. If it weren't for the eyepatch, I'd assume they were swapped, they match the wrong previous actor in looks.

• 1Worf

Juvarisx

Florida

Considering Aegon was masturbating out of a window I assume he has some weird views on sex, and he generally gets to do what he wants with anyone lower born since he's the kings first born son. Most girls are just smart enough to not say anything about it (like that serving girl at the funeral), this one just kicked up a fuss and almost died to the Queen because she did.

As for Rhaenyra she was just trying to make her father happy since she obviously knew he was at his end, I doubt she really meant any of that, I never got the impression she did. Why you would take her at her word at this point IS the point. Noone does except her father (and well Daemon but he knows what she is all about and she really doesnt lie to him anyways) since he had such blind love for her.

As for changes, other then consolidating characters to keep the show you know watchable, I am good chalking it up to the fact the book is the pov of a court jester and a maester so there will be gaps in what they think happened and what actually happened. Laenor living for one while everyone thinks he is dead. Will he come back? I doubt it so for all intents and purposes it is in line from the book since those two would have though dead as well.

spronk

FPS noob
helpful guide

qs2xkm8mzus91.jpg

Aegon II likes to rape and is married to his sister, Haelena and is the older one
Punished One Eye Aemond looks like Daemon
Jacaerys is the older one of Rhaenys kids and the heir after her
Lucerys is to inherit the Driftmark throne/castle (which pissed off Sea Snakes brother)

i know they proposed marrying off Baela and Rhaena to two of these but not sure who, Jacaerys and Lucerys I assume

• 1Like

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Doesn't matter. When someone fucks up a half of your face and an eye, while living in an age where publicly chopping off a man's head is acceptable, there are consequences (arguably better than spending the rest of your life with a ridiculously looking wig-jogger).

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The last speech of Seasnakes brother was a good scene and dramatic. That man just let it allllllllllllll out. Good for him. Shame he was killed unjustly though.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Just realized the dude with plays Aemond was in the Last Kingdom as the Monk Osferth who is always with Uhtred. Dude has some combat acting chops so will be exciting to watch him during this show.