• $300k+ solo

• $300k+ household

Results are only viewable after voting.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Money better spend on... watches?

giphy.gif
When you have a shit ton of money and aren't some faggot poser who leases their cars and can't pay cash for their homes, then yes, money better spent on watches. Fun money.

• 1Bullshit
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
When you have a shit ton of money and aren't some faggot poser who leases their cars and can't pay cash for their homes, then yes, money better spent on watches. Fun money.

Maybe with a fine suit, I can get behind a watch as part of the ensemble with a fine suit. Otherwise it's just another kind of bracelet. I had watches, shitty onos cuz I were poor, before I got a smart phone but now I just seem them as jewelry. However... I do have a confession...

I would totally rock a classic pocket watch on a chain if I thought I could pull it off without looking like a douche so maybe I'm just being jelly.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Maybe with a fine suit, I can get behind a watch as part of the ensemble with a fine suit. Otherwise it's just another kind of bracelet. I had watches, shitty onos cuz I were poor, before I got a smart phone but now I just seem them as jewelry. However... I do have a confession...

I would totally rock a classic pocket watch on a chain if I thought I could pull it off without looking like a douche so maybe I'm just being jelly.
Well ya. Of course I have all my suits/menswear made to measure. If you're wearing a patek that's a given heh. Now you know.

• 1Like
  • 1Bullshit

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Amod Amod

Can we get an auto correct from "Patek" to "I love cock in my mouth"?

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 6 users

ooo6

Trakanon Raider
Hublot is a American Inventor watch. Only pleebs buy Hublot. Money better spent on pateks, AP, iwc or Rolex.

id remove IWC from that list, their watches don't retain value and aren't nearly as desirable as the other brands listed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was recently laid off, so my answer has changed from 55k a year to 10$ an hour at my part time Gun Range job and whatever I can scratch together driving for Uber

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What state are you in? I was just at In and Out last night and they had a hiring poster up, start at $15. Mind you this is Caly of course. Honestly every damn place we go has a hiring sign. Do you live in BFE?

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
What state are you in? I was just at In and Out last night and they had a hiring poster up, start at $15. Mind you this is Caly of course. Honestly every damn place we go has a hiring sign. Do you live in BFE?

Jacksonville, FL. Minimum wage is like $8.50 here.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ah yeah, we're at like $12 for the state last I knew. GL bro! Done the layoff thing before, so I feel ya.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got quite a good bump going to my new job. Which I started like 6 months ago. Even with massive hiring sprees going on in my industry (software engineering) here in Austin the hiring process sucks dick.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Well ya. Of course I have all my suits/menswear made to measure. If you're wearing a patek that's a given heh. Now you know.

Preface: When I say wealthy people, I am talking about people who make less than a million a year. I'm not talking about stratosphere rich people.

This is how we know you don't make the money you claim. You have this idea on how "wealthy people" spend money from TV shows. If you have $500,000 in cash, you don't go out and blow it all and buy a house with cash. My house is in a very nice neighborhood, but its probably worth 1/3 of the most expensive houses, but there's no reason to suspect it would greatly appreciate, so why would I pay cash for a house instead of taking out basically free money from the bank at 3.875%? Instead, I would invest my money in total stock market index funds, international market index funds, bond market index funds, and in REITs. With half a million in cash, you could purchase numerous rental properties and start a real estate empire, instead of paying cash for a house. Paying off the house may give some people peace of mind, but it would be the worst return for your money.

And with regards to vehicles, it's all situation dependent. I get to deduct the cost of the lease, so there's no reason for me to purchase the vehicle and be stuck with something that has lost a significant amount of money when I go to trade it in. Also, this is the last vehicle I will ever purchase new, it's just so dumb to buy new.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 7.20.33 AM.png

If I purchased my leased vehicle now it would be $54,120.05, and at the end of the lease it is 40,500, which is around a 13,500 difference, which is about the same as my cost of the lease over the same time period. The rest of the math I put above in a little spreadsheet. So it's easier for me to deduct the cost of the lease, etc. And I don't have to sit there and depreciate a vehicle over a longer timeline.

Wealthy people may have one or two suits, but they aren't buying dozens of suits, that's retarded. I don't even own a suit. To me, splurging is buying Tommy Bahama clothes. I have a fake set of Louis Vuitton luggage that I use for work. Yesterday my "wants" took over me, and I went to go buy a used $65,000 sports car (which had a sticker price of $84,500 1.5 - 2 years ago), and I turned around half way and came home because I know it's absolutely retarded. You don't stay wealthy by blowing it all on fast cars, expensive suits, and Patek watches. Like I said before, I have one very nice watch, a Rolex Seadweller, and it was given to me. Instead, you take your money and figure out how to make it work for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Preface: When I say wealthy people, I am talking about people who make less than a million a year. I'm not talking about stratosphere rich people.

This is how we know you don't make the money you claim. You have this idea on how "wealthy people" spend money from TV shows. If you have $500,000 in cash, you don't go out and blow it all and buy a house with cash. My house is in a very nice neighborhood, but there's no reason to suspect it would greatly appreciate, so why would I pay cash for a house instead of taking out basically free money from the bank at 3.875%? Instead, I would invest my money in total stock market index funds, international market index funds, bond market index funds, and in REITs. With half a million in cash, you could purchase numerous rental properties and start a real estate empire, instead of paying cash for a house. Paying off the house may give some people peace of mind, but it would be the worst return for your money.

And with regards to vehicles, it's all situation dependent. I get to deduct the cost of the lease, so there's no reason for me to purchase the vehicle and be stuck with something that has lost a significant amount of money when I go to trade it in. Also, this is the last vehicle I will ever purchase new, it's just so dumb to buy new.

View attachment 224551

If I purchased my leased vehicle now it would be $54,120.05, and at the end of the lease it is 40,500, which is around a 13,500 difference, which is about the same as my cost of the lease over the same time period. The rest of the math I put above in a little spreadsheet. So it's easier for me to deduct the cost of the lease, etc. And I don't have to sit there and depreciate a vehicle over a longer timeline.

Wealthy people may have one or two suits, but they aren't buying dozens of suits, that's retarded. I don't even own a suit. Yesterday my "wants" took over me, and I went to go buy a used $65,000 sports car (which had a sticker price of $84,500 1.5 - 2 years ago), and I turned around half way and came home because I know it's absolutely retarded. You don't stay wealthy by blowing it all on fast cars, expensive suits, and Patek watches. Like I said before, I have one very nice watch, a Rolex Seadweller, and it was given to me. Instead, you take your money and figure out how to make it work for you.

You deduct that whole lease amount? On what basis and what is your profession?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

This is how we know you don't make the money you claim. You have this idea on how "wealthy people" spend money from TV shows. If you have $500,000 in cash, you don't go out and blow it all and buy a house with cash. My house is in a very nice neighborhood, but its probably worth 1/3 of the most expensive houses, but there's no reason to suspect it would greatly appreciate, so why would I pay cash for a house instead of taking out basically free money from the bank at 3.875%? Instead, I would invest my money in total stock market index funds, international market index funds, bond market index funds, and in REITs. With half a million in cash, you could purchase numerous rental properties and start a real estate empire, instead of paying cash for a house. Paying off the house may give some people peace of mind, but it would be the worst return for your money.

View attachment 224551

Wealthy people may have one or two suits, but they aren't buying dozens of suits, that's retarded. I don't even own a suit. To me, splurging is buying Tommy Bahama clothes. I have a fake set of Louis Vuitton luggage that I use for work. Yesterday my "wants" took over me, and I went to go buy a used $65,000 sports car (which had a sticker price of $84,500 1.5 - 2 years ago), and I turned around half way and came home because I know it's absolutely retarded. You don't stay wealthy by blowing it all on fast cars, expensive suits, and Patek watches. Like I said before, I have one very nice watch, a Rolex Seadweller, and it was given to me. Instead, you take your money and figure out how to make it work for you.

Bro he is trolling. You don't need to get into the weeds to prove it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I suck and didn't read the answers in their entirety so I responded incorrectly. I make 135k base and north of 170k if you include my commission. Though that's not guaranteed, but it usually lands around there. Commission isn't capped so sometimes I get really nice paychecks. Still not enough to buy a place - at least the place I want - in SF. I'd buy a place in Oakland but I have a nice rent controlled apartment in a very affluent SF neighborhood and I just don't see myself giving it up.