• $150k-$200k household

• $200k-$300k solo

• $200k-$300k household

• $300k+ solo

• $300k+ household

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Well ya. Of course I have all my suits/menswear made to measure. If you're wearing a patek that's a given heh. Now you know.
I'd imagine the amount of material required to cover your enormous husk would push a budget suit into high end tailored costs anyway, like a fucking gigantic penguin waddling along in a three piece with knock off Thai market pateks. Like an Oswald Cobblepot looking cunt haha.

20190929_181937.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Bro he is trolling. You don't need to get into the weeds to prove it.
The lease thing basically proves it anyway, buying a high end car outright (unless it's an appreciating rare supercar) is a fucking terrible idea and any accountant will tell you the same. Assets that depreciate like a rock are worthless purchases.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Give me a humble Japanese sedan any day. Cheaper insurance, taxes, maintenance and runs forever.

Plus I have a big dick so no need to compensate.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sorry for your troubles man. What do you do? There's a shit ton of work in WA right now if you're willing to move.

Was in the in Durable medical equipment field. My son lives in Orlando though, and don't want to be too far away from him.

My old job actually contacted me on Friday and said they have a spot open in Atlanta, but it's not worth it to me I don't think. I can keep working part time and go back to school

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My fiance went to school for Nursing in her late 20s and it's done wonders for her. Additionally, she tells me male nurses are actually sought after.

I know nursing was mentioned earlier, so just wanted to do so again. Esp with exp like you have - even very tangentally - opens some doors like working for insurance companies and case manager businesses. Everyone needs nurses, and it pays well.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Privileged AF software engineer making $100k in a no-state-tax state. Wife making $75k in a government job. Both with top of the line medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc. Acknowledging privilege.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Any you boys golf? Anyone who doesn't suck ass interested in playing at Augusta in November?

If you're black then I don't think you'll be a good fit.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Any you boys golf? Anyone who doesn't suck ass interested in playing at Augusta in November?

You think Tiger Woods or John Daly wear condoms? Try back when your balls drop beta bitch.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

If your just wanting to get someone to validate your wealth or watch or whatever, I'll do it for an elk pack hunt

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Preface: When I say wealthy people, I am talking about people who make less than a million a year. I'm not talking about stratosphere rich people.

This is how we know you don't make the money you claim. You have this idea on how "wealthy people" spend money from TV shows. If you have $500,000 in cash, you don't go out and blow it all and buy a house with cash. My house is in a very nice neighborhood, but its probably worth 1/3 of the most expensive houses, but there's no reason to suspect it would greatly appreciate, so why would I pay cash for a house instead of taking out basically free money from the bank at 3.875%? Instead, I would invest my money in total stock market index funds, international market index funds, bond market index funds, and in REITs. With half a million in cash, you could purchase numerous rental properties and start a real estate empire, instead of paying cash for a house. Paying off the house may give some people peace of mind, but it would be the worst return for your money.

This, 100%.

The most common vehicle owned by the rich is a ford f150 pickup. Me and the wife drive old cars, I had a 2003 corolla until 2015, and I have a 2012 ford focus with almost 90k miles on it I roll around in. The exotic shit is nice, like having a nice home theater room, or being able to take a boat out, having a vacation home, etc. Not horribly common though.

Any "rich" person that claims they are paying all cash for a home they are actively living in is not really rich. Many will pay cash for flips/investments though for obvious reasons (homes, at that point, are generally considered to be inventory items for tax purposes).

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
This, 100%.

The most common vehicle owned by the rich is a ford f150 pickup. Me and the wife drive old cars, I had a 2003 corolla until 2015, and I have a 2012 ford focus with almost 90k miles on it I roll around in. The exotic shit is nice, like having a nice home theater room, or being able to take a boat out, having a vacation home, etc. Not horribly common though.

Any "rich" person that claims they are paying all cash for a home they are actively living in is not really rich. Many will pay cash for flips/investments though for obvious reasons (homes, at that point, are generally considered to be inventory items for tax purposes).
I drive a 10 year old truck bro. Granted it was to tow my boat.

I did have a 32 ft offshore fishing boat for almost 10 years until I got tired paying 5-15k a fucking year in maintenance only to be ripped off by being in the boating industry (shittiest industry ever). Boat was around 300k bought new, ended up getting 78k for it lolol.

I dunno how you define rich but I can drop dime on a house.

So no one here golfs?

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider

I did have a 32 ft offshore fishing boat for almost 10 years until I got tired paying 5-15k a fucking year in maintenance only to be ripped off by being in the boating industry (shittiest industry ever). Boat was around 300k bought new, ended up getting 78k for it lolol.

So no one here golfs?

The reason I think your trolling is because you are more like the caricature of a rich person than a actual rich person.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The reason I think your trolling is because you are more like the caricature of a rich person than a actual rich person.

Yeah...

Then again most of the wealthy people I know actually earned it and Foler said he kinda stumbled into it. So who knows

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

So no one here golfs?

Just because you can buy a home with cash doesn't mean you should.

I mean, no rich person I know knowingly makes a poor investment. Buying a boat is entertainment, for yourself or others. Vacation home, etc. But just buying a home in cash is weird. It's a poor investment choice. You are losing money, on purpose. If you're as rich as you say, then you're already getting advantages with your bankers/financial advisors/etc.

I keep about 100K in my everyday bank account, and that alone gives me advantages under the table that are not offered to others. 100K is peanuts, but that's all it takes to get special treatment. So you should easily be known on a first name basis by everyone at your bank, and treated like royalty. The money you'd spend on a home (say a 2 million property) can easily be discussed with some finance guy at the bank over lunch, as he might know of some investment opportunities, etc. I like doing this seeking new opportunities, rather than go to the same financial adviser. When the right people know you have money, you can use that to your advantage. Talking about it on a message board is weird. But yes, if you didn't earn it and really just stumbled into it, then it makes a lot more sense. You don't understand what you have in order to properly use it.

As for golf, I used to have a membership at BCCC here in Austin, but the condition of the course has deteriorated and is no longer worth the price (the clubhouse is still nice though). My back no longer allows me to play though.

If you ever wanna hang out, join a FoH meetup.

Siliconemelons

I could use some peanuts - thanks ;-)

us poor slobs working in education need love to, bahaha!

But in general with "money" until you are "stupid, stupid rich"

one 0, two, three, four or five - it generally all works the same under the management and care of the money - to have it grow and work vs doing nothing.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Just because you can buy a home with cash doesn't mean you should.

I mean, no rich person I know knowingly makes a poor investment. Buying a boat is entertainment, for yourself or others. Vacation home, etc. But just buying a home in cash is weird. It's a poor investment choice. You are losing money, on purpose. If you're as rich as you say, then you're already getting advantages with your bankers/financial advisors/etc.

I keep about 100K in my everyday bank account, and that alone gives me advantages under the table that are not offered to others. 100K is peanuts, but that's all it takes to get special treatment. So you should easily be known on a first name basis by everyone at your bank, and treated like royalty. The money you'd spend on a home (say a 2 million property) can easily be discussed with some finance guy at the bank over lunch, as he might know of some investment opportunities, etc. I like doing this seeking new opportunities, rather than go to the same financial adviser. When the right people know you have money, you can use that to your advantage. Talking about it on a message board is weird. But yes, if you didn't earn it and really just stumbled into it, then it makes a lot more sense. You don't understand what you have in order to properly use it.

As for golf, I used to have a membership at BCCC here in Austin, but the condition of the course has deteriorated and is no longer worth the price (the clubhouse is still nice though). My back no longer allows me to play though.

If you ever wanna hang out, join a FoH meetup.
No interested in dealing with bank pleebs. I've retained a private wealth management firm. Met my guy in a bar in Miami when I was hanging with the Miami Dolphins 2013 team on South Beach. We've had a good relationship.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
No interested in dealing with bank pleebs. I've retained a private wealth management firm. Met my guy in a bar in Miami when I was hanging with the Miami Dolphins 2013 team on South Beach. We've had a good relationship.

Bank plebs are shitty, but they can be a good in to some opportunity. Putting all your eggs in one firm isn't really advisable, but hey its your money.