I am currently living in my parents basement. AMA

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't your mom the main reason you couldn't enjoy life or go anywhere?
That turns out to not be the case.

tenor.gif

She was the reason I was broke all the time, but now I have like infinity money and I'm not enjoying anything any better.

(I'm only posting here because a) people keep mentioning me and b) IBTR)

• 1Cringe
  • 1Salty
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

tenor.gif

She was the reason I was broke all the time, but now I have like infinity money and I'm not enjoying anything any better.

You are never going to be happy. Come to terms with that. Then, consider finding a charitable cause, a golddigging girlfriend, and/or a dildo collection to maybe help just a little. If all else fails just play everquest on a tlp. Everyone else is miserable too.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

tenor.gif

That's because your environment hasn't changed. Like I said two years ago when you were falsely attributing your misery-- get on a fucking plane and go somewhere entirely alien for 2-3 weeks. Hang out on an animal sanctuary in Thailand, scissor with some broad in France, visit the fucking pyramids-- just gtfo of your dreary repetitive life for a few weeks and experience something new, something that will force your attention away from your shitty life. Have you ever even been out of the country?

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's because your environment hasn't changed. Like I said two years ago when you were falsely attributing your misery-- get on a fucking plane and go somewhere entirely alien for 2-3 weeks. Hang out on an animal sanctuary in Thailand, scissor with some broad in France, visit the fucking pyramids-- just gtfo of your dreary repetitive life for a few weeks and experience something new, something that will force your attention away from your shitty life. Have you ever even been out of the country?
I don't get my Sunday pay, or shift differential, or certainly any overtime, if I take days off, so I lose over 30% of my paycheck just by taking days off. Hence, I do not take days off.

At best I could take a vacation Monday to Saturday, which doesn't even seem like enough time to be worth it.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I don't get my Sunday pay, or shift differential, or certainly any overtime, if I take days off, so I lose over 30% of my paycheck just by taking days off. Hence, I do not take days off.

At best I could take a vacation Monday to Saturday, which doesn't even seem like enough time to be worth it.

Your job doesn't give vacation days??

You just said you have "infinity money" and that isn't making you happy, so why do you give a shit on missing out on pay?

Get on a fucking plane and take a two week vacation somewhere like a normal human ffs.

EDIT: I'm telling you, hands down, the best way to get rid of a funk brought on by living the same repetitive dreary life is to escape it to someplace that will *force* you to stimulate your mind.

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>

You just said you have "infinity money" and that isn't making you happy, so why do you give a shit on missing out on pay?

Get on a fucking plane and take a two week vacation somewhere like a normal human ffs.

EDIT: I'm telling you, hands down, the best way to get rid of a funk brought on by living the same repetitive dreary life is to escape it to someplace that will *force* you to stimulate your mind.

Has infinity money, can’t take vacation because loss of money.

This is not a good attitude for a salaried employee, and not really healthy even for entrepreneurs. Go take care of yourself and scissor some broads.

If you are unsure about what to do or where to go, or don’t have anyone to travel with you and your concerned about being alone you might consider a cruise. A lot of bouncing around and can meet different people. Go do a two week in Europe and see different places. That’s pretty 😎

You will find the time off will help you a lot long term.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

tenor.gif

can't you just buy a girlfriend? have her live in your house, keep it tidy and come home to some kind of non delivery dinner and you just give her some diamonds once in a while?

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It gives me vacation days but the various perks of my shift, a 15% shift differential and 12-15 hours of time and a half on Sundays, do not apply if vacation or personal time is used on those days.

Nor do the 5-20 hours of OT I regularly get per week, obviously.

So I am better off just not taking my time off. I only get 80 hours of vacation anyway.

• 4Picard
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
can't you just buy a girlfriend? have her live in your house, keep it tidy and come home to some kind of non delivery dinner and you just give her some diamonds once in a while?

Not sure if lesbians have the equivalent to the gay houseboy arrangement, but I doubt lack of pussy is her problem, or at least her main problem.
If she needs pussy, it needs to come from meeting a fellow foreign speaking lesbian traveling abroad that needs help tightening her zip line

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It gives me vacation days but the various perks of my shift, a 15% shift differential and 12-15 hours of time and a half on Sundays, do not apply if vacation or personal time is used on those days.

So I am better off just not taking my time off. I only get 80 hours of vacation anyway.
Stop being fucking stupid. You can live without the OT pay for 2 weeks

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

You're really not helping me with my "women are illogical" stereotypes here.

-acknowledges she has tons of money
-acknowledges money isn't the solution to her problems
-acknowledges that the perks at work don't make her happier
-acknowledges she doesn't need the overtime

Argues she needs to keep doing all the above things that don't make her happy... because?

Have you ever even left the country, and do you have any desire to? That may be the more direct line of questioning since you've stumped me on your reasoning so far.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Will you be exposing parents to full depths of your depravity or being on best behavior?

Second we need pics of the setup.

Is there a bathroom down there or do you have to venture upstairs OR forgo showers?

Best behavior

When I get moved in. Lots of pictures of muscle cars on the walls

Forgo showers

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not judging, because I'm lazy and lack ambition like nobody's business, but I think Mist has the same problem a lot of people in shitty, or at least boring, relationships have. It is easier and more "comfortable" to just stay in it, because leaving it or trying to change it takes effort and brings potential conflict, unease, worry, etc. She stays with this job because she thinks she has a good thing going with all that extra pay, just like someone stays with the wrong partner because at least she keeps the house clean and makes a good meal. But there could be a new job/partner out there that does the same things AND MORE, if you just put in a little effort and allow yourself to stray outside of your comfort zone even just for a couple of days.

Like I said, I'm not one to talk, but at least I can recognize what I'm not doing and admit it. How about this? If Mist gets a new job, then so will I!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I'm not judging, because I'm lazy and lack ambition like nobody's business, but I think Mist has the same problem a lot of people in shitty, or at least boring, relationships have. It is easier and more "comfortable" to just stay in it, because leaving it or trying to change it takes effort and brings potential conflict, unease, worry, etc. She stays with this job because she thinks she has a good thing going with all that extra pay, just like someone stays with the wrong partner because at least she keeps the house clean and makes a good meal. But there could be a new job/partner out there that does the same things AND MORE, if you just put in a little effort and allow yourself to stray outside of your comfort zone even just for a couple of days.

Like I said, I'm not one to talk, but at least I can recognize what I'm not doing and admit it. How about this? If Mist gets a new job, then so will I!

She doesn't need a new job. Despite her whining, her job is better than what most people manage in life. What she needs is the same thing every human that works 50+ hours a week does, temporary escape and mental decompression. Even moreso in her case because it isn't just work "wearing her down", her whole life is just one repetitive, unstimulating, monotonous train ride, and she hasn't had the courage for at least one day in her life to get off the train at a different station.

In my twenties right on the cusp of finishing college I was depressed. Realized I wouldn't want to work in the field I had studied, was annoyed by family, and just had no motivation. My parents practically forced me to leave the country for the summer, which I spent in Europe getting drunk, laid, and just experiencing life. I came back a new man.

• 1Like